Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Street Tuned Motorsports: I just wanted some OEM parts :(

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
Street Tuned Motorsports: I just wanted some OEM parts :(

edit: I had a delayed order back in 2012. We got it all sorted. I have ordered from STM many times since. All good

Last edited by Butt Dyno; Sep 22, 2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have AOL Instant Messenger, you can talk to Brian on there. He always keeps me updated on my orders. Or try calling them, and see what's up.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would help if next time you posted dates of the e-mails

But i mean, they did reply to you. So i'd just wait it out. Im guessing the parts took longer to come in then expected, and shipping is probably delayed.

But as above suggested, try calling them and speaking directly. Emails arent always the quick way to get answers, just a lazy way to get updates.

dave
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Like a lot of people, I have a job during the day, which makes a phone call more challenging.

All the first emails were on 8-21. The other email was Thursday (post was Friday, post said "yesterday").

I feel like they should be updating me, not me having to drag answers out of them, but I will try a phone call.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive had the same Problem With them And since I'm deployed I emails are my only means of communication with them.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Their prices are great, but unfortunately you are not the only one that has ran into the forgotten order syndrome of STM! Youll get the parts. But a simple email on the status is all we want!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry for the issues. We clearly messed up on this. I will find out first thing in the morning what is going on / happened and get it fixed ASAP.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

I've dealt with these guys and I can safely say that as a shop, there are times that things happen, orders misplaced, packages misplaced, shipping orders to fill are misprinted or tossed or something...things occur.

We had an order with them that was simple and something came up and when we mentioned it, we had it next day which at times things happen and simply get pushed back in our minds (as sales people and shop managers can attest to this). Know that he had no intention of wrong doing, especially when threads like this come up...sometimes (and yes, it truly is unfortunate) past orders that may even be sitting behind someones chair can be forgotten about.

-Mark
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

be patient, these guys get behind every now and then...they're human but rest assured they will get you your parts and take care of you...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Parts are here, all is well. Thanks to the STM guys for getting it sorted!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

The guys at STM are some of the best people you will ever meet and are VERY easy to deal with. Very lucky they are only a 45 minute ride from home!!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 08:26 PM

I order parts all the time from Justin. Yea I sometimes dont get and email or tracking # right away and it sucks cuz your really needing a parts from them which is understandable. But as busy as they arevTHEY always make it right.

I love doing business with them, and will keep doing business with them.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:40 AM
EvoM Guru

I found this thread while looking for another old post of mine.

Just wanted to say thanks to STM for fixing this. I've ordered a number of things since then with no drama, as recently as two weeks ago. Also they are nice enough to send me Paypal requests when I don't have time to call with a CC#. Thanks!

(I didn't want someone finding this thread years later to be concerned with buying from STM.)
The following users liked this post:
AF13_Evo (Sep 21, 2017)
Old Sep 22, 2017, 07:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Butt Dyno
I found this thread while looking for another old post of mine.

Just wanted to say thanks to STM for fixing this. I've ordered a number of things since then with no drama, as recently as two weeks ago. Also they are nice enough to send me Paypal requests when I don't have time to call with a CC#. Thanks!

(I didn't want someone finding this thread years later to be concerned with buying from STM.)
Thanks for the update!

I don't know if you would want to put this recent update in your original post to avoid confusion with people just seeing this thread for the first time. I saw the thread this morning and started reading before looking at the date and I couldn't for the life of me remember writing those emails as of lately or recall an OEM Mitsu order issue...then I finally saw the date ahaha

Alot has changed over the years and now we try and keep almost our entire Mitsu parts catalog in stock. ( There are still occasional backorders on parts, but its alot less of an issue now compared to how it used to be )

-Brian Gleason
www.stmtuned.com
Old Sep 22, 2017, 07:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe OP or a mod can change the title?

Just got my STM cat-back in the mail today... Took 4 days from phone to door. These guys are awesome!

Quick Reply: Street Tuned Motorsports: I just wanted some OEM parts :(