Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:34 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Jsiebert is no longer allowed to solicit in this review thread or it gets the axe.

He is not a site sponsor, so group buys are not allowed.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by michaelrc51
I am not worried about the brace mounts, just those flat pieces under the sway bar mounts.
I was at CBRD the other day and checked, mine hd everything.
That one must have been the only one that had an issue.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to make this first piece clear.... I dont work for Diamond....I also dont take payments or anything on these subframes. I am not working for diamond and am not getting a kick back on these, I only talked them into making them for our market. I seriously dont make a dime from referrals or anything. I spoke to matt about vendor status and relayed the pricing to Dan at Diamond. To be honest with the lack of demand hes seen in this part vs what was expected I doubt he will pay the vendor pricing, hes not getting the return on the investment that is worthwhile vs what he currently has going. Just an honest assessment and observation of the market and where this part fits in.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

There's a place by Chicago that will make me one of these as well, and I'm sure there are fabricating companies nationwide that would also make one of these too. But this other place wants $2500 to do it. The interest in this piece to begin with was because of the price. Why doesn't he just raise the price a tiny bit to offset the vendor pricing? So each piece costs $50 more to the customer but then he gets to advertise all over the forum that these are available. Then he will sell a lot more of them. Econ 101.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jrainwater
There's a place by Chicago that will make me one of these as well, and I'm sure there are fabricating companies nationwide that would also make one of these too. But this other place wants $2500 to do it. The interest in this piece to begin with was because of the price. Why doesn't he just raise the price a tiny bit to offset the vendor pricing? So each piece costs $50 more to the customer but then he gets to advertise all over the forum that these are available. Then he will sell a lot more of them. Econ 101.

because everyone in the K member thread *****ed about pricing for other companies ''1700.00+'' and would not buy one at that price. so Diamond now makes one that is 500+ LESS then the others with more options and no one is buying them. so many people claimed to want one. well here it is. what is the issue now? regardless i do not blame Diamond for declining vendor status when its just not worth it for them.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 02:29 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
because everyone in the K member thread *****ed about pricing for other companies ''1700.00+'' and would not buy one at that price. so Diamond now makes one that is 500+ LESS then the others with more options and no one is buying them. so many people claimed to want one. well here it is. what is the issue now? regardless i do not blame Diamond for declining vendor status when its just not worth it for them.
everyone thinks it's an awesome idea until it comes time to pony up the cash. i would love, love, love one.. but for the same amount of cash, i can do a lot of other things that would benefit my car more.
these pieces are for those that have everything else they need for their cars and can now start making changes that are bit less necessary. that's a pretty small market, i would imagine.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Dying platform is dying.

Doing R&D for a chassis that's now thirteen years old and hasn't been produced in eight years is probably not good business sense.

Just sayin'.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

If the numbers don't add up for them then they don't add up. It's hard for me to say without seeing the cost to make one vs the profit they get out of each unit. I know a lot of man hours goes into each and every one of these though for sure. I was assuming more advertising and selling more units could offset the vendor cost, bad assumption on my part perhaps. If they'll sell me one for $1200, then when I get my big commission check on July 3rd I will buy one. There's one order, guaranteed.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

FYI my car is a DD in Chicago. I have replaced every single last rusted part on the bottom of the car systematically with one part remaining, the front subframe. I would love to use one of these as a replacement to just throwing another stock one on there.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 04:54 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by golgo13
Dying platform is dying.

Doing R&D for a chassis that's now thirteen years old and hasn't been produced in eight years is probably not good business sense.

Just sayin'.
try telling that to the Honda guys. '92-'00 Civics and '94-'01 are still a HUGE market that just never goes away.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought one because it's a cool piece. I certainly don't NEED it. I am sure it will make servicing the car much easier now + dropped weight. It's a win all around. I don't even know what it cost TBH. I just gave dan my card number and that was it. It was cheaper than a new Magnus one and cheaper than a used Magnus one lol. And cheaper than one from StraightlinePerformance. I am surprised not many ppl are interested since there was 47 freakin pages in the original thread. I wanted to get one before they stopped making them just because of the low demand and because of all this. Lol @ trying to lowball a company. They were trying to help the community out and offer us something that everyone has wanted at a very affordable price.

It's not like they aren't selling them. They had quite a few orders they were finishing up when I bought mine
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

For the amount of money I've spent on weight reduction I could have had a built motor by now and making 800+ hp, but what fun is that. Anyone can do that.
A 2700/2800lbs 6466 stock motor evo should be pretty quick and run some good times.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:55 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by d-bo
I am sure it will make servicing the car much easier now + dropped weight. It's a win all around.
Exactly why I wish I could afford one.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Installed mine yesterday. Everything fit perfectly
Just have to grab some nuts for the lower control arms
Attached Thumbnails Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe-image-2661181655.jpg   Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe-image-1339756657.jpg  
Old Dec 8, 2014, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
Dying platform is dying.

Just sayin'.
Way to undermine the people who want to support our vehicle and brand.

Quick Reply: Diamond Race Cars front Chromoly light weight subframe