Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Quartermaster 8 Leg Review for DD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im happy with my 8 leg as well. Plenty of abuse and still going strong. I'm getting my tranny rebuilt soon which will give me the opportunity to inspect the clutch since i'm curious to see how it looks.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by car_nut15
Im happy with my 8 leg as well. Plenty of abuse and still going strong. I'm getting my tranny rebuilt soon which will give me the opportunity to inspect the clutch since i'm curious to see how it looks.
awesome dude, how many miles have you put on yours? if you wouldn't mind posting some pics to show some of the wear.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by needmoreboost!!
awesome dude, how many miles have you put on yours? if you wouldn't mind posting some pics to show some of the wear.

2 seasons on the clutch so far. Around 6-8k miles of hard driving and several trips to the track. Will post pics when its out.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 08:42 PM

IMA bump this I'm in ft hood also have an EBP evo 9 pushing shy of 700whp just installed my qm 8 leg today see what's up!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 09:31 PM

8 leg

I also have the quarter master 8 leg. Idk if this happens to you guys but it is the loudest most obnoxious clutch I have ever had. It rattles and squeaks when I shift. I sent quarter master an email and they said it was perfectly normal. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by drew350z; Jan 26, 2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: FML just read OP post... so this squeakiness is normal.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo9irvin
IMA bump this I'm in ft hood also have an EBP evo 9 pushing shy of 700whp just installed my qm 8 leg today see what's up!
Nice I just left hood last month since I ETS. How long have you been there?

Originally Posted by drew350z
I also have the quarter master 8 leg. Idk if this happens to you guys but it is the loudest most obnoxious clutch I have ever had. It rattles and squeaks when I shift. I sent quarter master an email and they said it was perfectly normal. Anyone else have this issue?
Really? Did you not read my original post?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like how this clutch shifts.... Honda style
Old Jan 28, 2015, 03:51 PM

I did... I edited my post. I just cant believe this clutch is like this. The noise drives me insane. It sounds even worse outside the car. When people are standing next to my car they get upset. The look on their face says it all "wtf is that noise"...
Idk, never really had a car that had such a horrible sounding clutch. Im sure it handles the power but damn...

Nice I just left hood last month since I ETS. How long have you been there?

Really? Did you not read my original post?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 04:09 AM

Oh man ive been here since 2013 bro and oh lucky! Lol got outta here, hope that clutch is keeping up strong !!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 04:10 AM

I did... I edited my post. I just cant believe this clutch is like this. The noise drives me insane. It sounds even worse outside the car. When people are standing next to my car they get upset. The look on their face says it all "wtf is that noise"...
Idk, never really had a car that had such a horrible sounding clutch. Im sure it handles the power but damn...
Mmm it sounds like a dying whale trying to take off in first gear but after that its really not all that bad man
Old Jan 30, 2015, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo9irvin
Oh man ive been here since 2013 bro and oh lucky! Lol got outta here, hope that clutch is keeping up strong !!
You wouldn't happen to be on west fort hood would you? I was on duty one day and heard the famous dying whale noise and thought someone was stealing my car then out the corner of my eye I saw a blue Evo roll by.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Well like others said its perfectly normal. One does not simply drive a high horsepower Evo with a quiet clutch. Who cares what others think as long as that ****er can throw gears without issues
Old Aug 6, 2015, 04:52 PM

I wanna bump this and ask how the clutch has been treating you guys? Already went through the break in period on mine and I loved it! Used to the mating call in first gear already Now just waiting for my next visit to stm for my cams, turbo kit and tune..
Old Aug 15, 2015, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

well i ended up getting 33k out of the first one. drove the car from texas to cali and took a little trip up to lake tahoe. Got caught in dead stop traffic going up a steep hill and the constant slipping of the clutch overheated and just killed it. It would still drive and get going just as soon as 1psi hit on the boost gauge it would start slipping.

I rebuilt it all and resurfaced the flywheel, 800miles in to it the clutch would slip. After talking to QM they told me it was probably the Cover that needed a rebuild too. So before sending it out to them for another $250 my good Ol Buddy Pirana let me use his cover and that did fix the issue. I believe if it wasnt for the way i killed my clutch with that amount of slipping i had to do I would of probably got another 10k out of it and probably would have gotten away without having to send the cover in for a rebuild as well.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i ended up getting 33k out of the first one. drove the car from texas to cali and took a little trip up to lake tahoe. Got caught in dead stop traffic going up a steep hill and the constant slipping of the clutch overheated and just killed it. It would still drive and get going just as soon as 1psi hit on the boost gauge it would start slipping.

I rebuilt it all and resurfaced the flywheel, 800miles in to it the clutch would slip. After talking to QM they told me it was probably the Cover that needed a rebuild too. So before sending it out to them for another $250 my good Ol Buddy Pirana let me use his cover and that did fix the issue. I believe if it wasnt for the way i killed my clutch with that amount of slipping i had to do I would of probably got another 10k out of it and probably would have gotten away without having to send the cover in for a rebuild as well.
That's Excellant. Great to see u got a lot of miles out of this thing. Did you take pics of the wear on the disc and flywheel after removing it? It's well worth the $$.

Quick Reply: Quartermaster 8 Leg Review for DD