Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

SERVICE AND TUNING REVIEW: AG Autosports and Crispeed Tuned

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SERVICE AND TUNING REVIEW: AG Autosports and Crispeed Tuned

Let me start out by stating I rarely take time to provide detail reviews; with so much misinformation, smoke-and-mirrors and bull**** online now, I felt it was important to do this. There are very few shops that have detailed knowledge on the 4G63. Also a few facts about myself so you have an understanding of the background from which I'm coming from:
  • I started working on cars/modifying back in 1989.
  • I worked with my family automotive business for decades.
  • I've been racing/tracking sports cars for over 20 years.
  • I've owned this particular Evo 7 years.
  • I've had service, builds, tuning completed with Buschur Racing, Tscompusa, AWD Motorsports, S&R Performance, CFT, Titan...some experiences poor and a few excellent over the years.

AG Autosports is located in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area and owner, Anthony broke out on his own awhile back after working behind the scenes for other shops for numerous years. He's a down-to-earth guy, very straight forward about turn-around times, pricing and knowledgeable about the Mitsubishi platform combinations that work. He has built some incredibly fast race cars, does a lot of work on sports cars and fills in any gaps with general mechanical work. I would not hesitate to have AG tackle any project from an all-out race car build to your grandma's starter problem.

I first met the AG Autosports team at a drag event in Bradenton, FL. A few months later I was looking for someone to do a clutch job and fix a bunch of **** that AWD had done to my car just prior to them shutting down. I've since had Anthony handle a clutch job, custom triple fuel pump setup, re-plumb vacuum lines, lots of wiring, Haltech ECU install, flex fuel conversion, sensors, water pump, etc...another major bonus is that AG Autosports has a great working relationship with Kris Johnson of Crispeed Tuned, one of the best tuners in the country in my opinion. My car is 100% flex fuel compatible, makes over 700whp, starts, idles and drives like a near stock Evo. Way too many shops are missing this key part of their team and I find it incredibly stupid with the complexity of today's engines/forced induction/fuels to not have a car tuned professionally each time you make a major change. When your researching a shop and a tune will need to compliment the mechanical work, do your homework people!

Every time I've needed help they've been professional and fair. If something unexpected came up I've always gotten a call, email or text explaining my options. When I've had questions, they actually take the time to provide clear details, sent pictures, whatever was needed to make sure I was informed. My car was handled with the same care I would give and it was kept clean, inside and out. It was also exciting to see them post pictures on FB about the work and progress...when your car is down any length of time getting these updates are a nice touch.

When the car was done the guys were willing to stay late to accommodate my schedule sometimes as late as 8-9pm! I've shipped my car over 1,000 miles to have work done by people I can trust; it's great to know there is a shop in South Florida that can handle anything I may need.

Anyone needing service, builds, tuning, etc. I highly recommend AG Autosports and Crispeed Tuned. I hope you find this helpful. Here is the info on both service providers:

AG Autosports
5424 NW 10th Ter,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
(754) 200-6354
https://www.facebook.com/pages/AG-Au...75176469344665

Crispeed Tuned
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crisp...90873834503199
The following users liked this post:
SLVRNBLK (Jan 24, 2020)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Couldn't of said it better myself.
As I've said before
Anthony and Crispeed are a winning combo.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does he do E-Tunes ? So hard to find quality e-tuners with good communication skills.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Contact AG Autosports or Crispeed directly but I believe he only does local tunes on a dyno. He has connected remotely to my car to review logs and make some touch ups so I know he is fully capable but I think he is so busy doing cars locally and on dynos that he may not bother with remote tuning.

Originally Posted by Go_Lancer_Go
Does he do E-Tunes ? So hard to find quality e-tuners with good communication skills.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts