Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Procom - Toms River NJ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Procom - Toms River NJ

Heres my review of Procom Racing. These guys are awesome. Really knowledgable about our cars and they are wiling to help out with what they can ....

I own a 2014 EVO X ... I bought it brand new with the intention of modifying it. I do all of the work myself ... How ever there are certain things I would not touch ... such as tuning and transmission work ...

I installed (engine/performance wise)
- KN Typhoon Intake
- Cobb 3 in down pipe
- Speed Circuit Test Pipe (catless)
- Turbo XS catback
- Cobb AccessPort

NOW - I was under the impression the "off the shelf" tunes from the AP would work alright on my car. Well I was wrong... My car ran like **** lol .... I actually never even heard of Procom until a buddy I work with mentioned them to me. I was in need of a custom dyno tune and knew Iveytune and Turbotrix wouldn't be able to get me in ... I daily drive my car so I needed it to run right. I called Procom, and Lou got me in the next day. I was shocked. They tuned my evo perfect and it runs amazing. My car feels like a video game every time i drive it. I couldn't be happier. I have to say .... the car hauls *** now ...

Here is another situation where they helped me out ...

When I bought my car.... The clutch was never right ... In fact, I brought it to the dealership multiple times saying the clutch was burning blah blah blah ... and yes i know how to drive stick... Prior to this car ive owned a built e46 m3, a terminator cobra, and also an evo 9 MR - all manual .... The clutch on my X when i purchased it just was not right ....

At 3K miles .... My clutch was shot ... Man was I pissed. Especially because I bought the car brand new hoping to not have to deal with this kind of crap ... In fact ... this situation made me hate my car... I had regrets buying it ...

I will add this ... at the time I was working in Jersey City ... If your from NJ ... you know how the stop n go traffic is ... but still... thats not an excuse .... the car was brand new!

I ended up going to the dealer and attempting a warranty claim because at the time ... the car was 100% stock .. yea well so much for that ... clutch is a wear/tear item apparently and they wanted nothing to do with it ... after arguing with mitsubishi corporate etc they ended up meeting me halfway on the whole price ... I wont say prices of everything but it was a ridiculous number ....

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago ...

Dealership put an OEM stock clutch back in my car ... the stock clutches are horrible ... and by now I added more power to my car ... My clutch was starting to feel super weak prior to adding the downpipe/testpipe and AP ... Once i added the power it was basically on its way out again ... I knew it was going to have to be replaced eventually

Procom was the first people I thought of when it came to doing this job. I trust them with my car. They recommended with my modification an Exedy Stg1 clutch was the way to go ... I couldn't be happier with the outcome...

but during the install, they noticed my axle was stripped from the horrible install job the dealership did. (Axle needs to come out for clutch install) Being it was stripped... it would not go back into the transfer case. My options were Buy a new axle... which was close to 1000 bucks ... Procom offered to buy a tap and try to save my axle.... which is exactly what they did.

I actually manage a very popular automotive service center in my area so I know just how this industry works. Procom could of VERY easily said point blank, You need a new axle. What would i of said no? My car was all apart at this point. They were super cool about helping me out and that shows a lot about a shop .....

Bottom line... These guys are super cool, honest, knowledgable, experienced and willing to help with what can. I must also *** there shop is super clean and badass! I wont mention pricing but my entire clutch job price really wasn't that bad considering how much work is involved with the job. I was super happy with my outcome and I must say.... I love my car now. I get comments everywhere I go, It runs like an animal, and sounds even better! Like i said above, its like driving in a video game every time LOL

If your tuning your car or need work done... Procom is the place to go. No worries with this shop.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 03:57 AM

Old Jan 23, 2015, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I live right by there. are they on the corner of 9 & 37? Didn't they used to be Tune Time?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
I live right by there. are they on the corner of 9 & 37? Didn't they used to be Tune Time?
I think they've always been in Toms River. They're off 37 by Wawa heading towards Manchester.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:22 PM

Agreed ^, Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. They have help me save time and headaches without even charging me. These guys live cars! If there is ever something I can't DIY this is where I go. These guys rock! Also they are not tune time.