Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CBRD Review!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
CBRD Review!

So there has already been a great review about the CBRD experience, but I think it is absolutely necessary to let everyone know how much of a pleasure it was working with Chad and his team.

When we first arrived, I was greeted by Mark who gave us a tour of the shop and explained the various workings of the facility (fabrication, dyno room, storage area). The entire shop is unbelievably clean and incredibly professional. In fact, the shop was so incredible that I was more interested in the cars being worked on and the display items than I was with my own car being worked on.

When our tour was over, Mark brought us to the kitchen/waiting room area that has a window to view the shop and a tv to watch your car on the Dyno. He left us here to go pull my car into the shop to perform a pressure check. After only 15 minutes, he pulled me onto the shop floor to point out a rather large boost leak that occurred at around 10 psi, and an issue with the FPR hose, both of which were resolved in a matter of minutes. After the car was put back together, it was driven to the Dyno room where it waited for Chads blessing.

Before the tuning began, he came to us to discuss how the tuning was going to work and the various things I should know about the process. I also noted that I was interested in open source tuning as I had already been running an OTS map through Cobb, of which I decided to go open source simply because I would like to have more functionality with Tephramod and such. When the tuning began, I was able to watch my car through a TV that was setup in the waiting room.

BTW, as Chad was tuning my car, Mark was busy installing some new GSC S1 cams for another guy with an Evo IX who had an appointment for that day. So I was able to watch the cams being installed, and my car getting tuned at the same time, so plenty of entertainment.

After what seemed like only minutes on the Dyno, Chad took the car out for a road test to ensure that all the calibrations made for a smooth ride. When all was said and done, Chad took me to one of the consulting rooms to finalize the process and remedy any questions I may have had, and even guided me on some future work that would give the best power per dollar spent.

All in all the whole experience blew me away, this wasn't some shop that just works on your car, this a church of the car gods. Even my girlfriend that has absolutely no interest in cars whatsoever was amazed at how "upper class" and professional the whole environment is. I highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for a tune or custom work done. Its already been three days and I still can't stop telling my friends about it
Old Aug 24, 2015, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Glad to hear about your good experience! I've taken my car to Chad several times, it's the only shop I'll ever trust with my car.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
It stays this nice all the time!

My buddy and I went to see Chad's Garage Mahal and it was everything OP said.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have an appoitment set for sept 2nd. Driving 5 hours but feel like its absolutely worth it
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you can beat chads time on some forza track, i think its atlanta you can get yourself a free tune I heard =p
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Time to start practicing
Old Dec 5, 2015, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Been trying to set up an appointment for almost 2 weeks and I am starting to get discouraged. .
I didn't think it would be this hard to make an appointment, I feel like I am getting brushed off most times and that is if I get a text response.
I know he's been doing alot of fabricaction work but, at least get back to me when you said you would.
I was planning a trip out next weekend and my wife had to submit a time request for the day off from work and Chad didn't get back to me by when he said he would now she has to take the day without pay. I'm sure the price of the tune won't change despite the inconvenience that we now have.
That's if we even wind up going now........
Old Dec 6, 2015, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

When I was there it was a two man team, and it sounded like Mark was about to be leaving there soon. That was a few months ago. Trust me, once you get locked in with your appointment and you get there, you'll be blown away with the service and atmosphere.

I usually got a email response within 2-3 business days.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Well I have actually been texting back and forth with him.
Some days he answers some days he doesnt, it just is very aggravating to have to go through this process in order to get a service provided that costs alot of money.

I had a similar experience when I was trying to contact ivey, I called and called and was told he would call me back and it never happened. I got a hold of him once and he left me on hold for 10 minutes then hung up. Ok well you obviously don't want my business so ...good bye.

Erkl at e-spec is the only shop I called and actually spoke to him as soon as he answered the phone and he wanted me to bring the car to him that day!!!!
If I don't get my appointment in the near future I will be going to e-spec..
Old Dec 7, 2015, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

The price may seem high, but keep in mind you're paying for the reliability, quality and the leak test as well.

I'd give it a little longer to get a response, the wait is completely worth it, trust me.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

I have no problem waiting but I have been going back and forth via text since mid november. The price is what it is and I'm not complaining about that. It just is nice to get a response so I know when to plan off from work.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 06:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Follow up with an Email please- chad@cbrdspeedfactory.com

we are slammed right now- the Black Friday sales/specials have us splitting alot of time between tuning and fabrication!!! we are working on adding another person as we speak!

cb
Old Dec 8, 2015, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

E mail has been sent
Old Dec 9, 2015, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with OP. Mark is someone I trust more than most people ive met in my life when it comes to messing with things on my cars. Chads not bad either
Old Dec 10, 2015, 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1gturbo
Agree with OP. Mark is someone I trust more than most people ive met in my life when it comes to messing with things on my cars. Chads not bad either
LMFAO- yeah Mark is no BS and always have been- we've been working on cars now for almost 25 years together- scary thought-

cb