Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ETS V2 Extreme W/Race Test Pipe and O2 Dump Down Pipe Review

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS V2 Extreme W/Race Test Pipe and O2 Dump Down Pipe Review

Hey Ebros, when I was initially looking around for reviews on ETS exhaust's, I was hard pressed to find any reviews specifically for the V2 Extreme (as well as the Race TP and the O2 Dump DP). Figured I'd do this since it is a boring slow Friday at work.

I'll link two videos I took (no judgement) after my car had been tuned.

My setup:

2014 GSR, 17,000 miles, ETS Intake, AMS UICP, Cobb 3-port EBC, Deatschwerks 65C fuel pump, and the ETS exhaust piping.

Install:

The install process was pretty straightforward for the most part. Everything went in direct replacement of the stock parts. Putting all the new parts ON, was no problem.

The only issue I had was taking off the stock O2 housing, everyone has a problem with ONE MOTHERF*CKING bolt ; I was no exception. If I ever become CEO of a major car manufacturer, I'm mandating that all bolts that are subject to intense temperature fluctuations be installed with high temp resistant anti-sieze (or some **** like that). I ended up snapping that one bolt, but i still got the O2 housing off, no biggie. Got that sucker drilled out and re-tapped that hole like a boss.

Oh my god was everything all shiny and new when i was all done. I will mention that the V2 Extreme catback I actually purchased from a fellow evom member in New York, only 2000 miles on it was what he said. It was still purty.

Look/Impression:

The new exhaust tips look way badass; the chrome from the stock tips just looked so... dainty? You can't really see the bottom of the O2 dump from standing behind the car aways, but when guys look under the car, 100% of them are like WTH is this? The only concern I had was that the midpipe dropped a few inches lower than the stock pipe did right at the rear axel. Not a huge issue, but if it had been at any other spot, I may have worried about scrapping or even ripping the bottom of that pipe out.

Sound:

OMG....these pipes are the ****! You know that douche-bag that rolls through the entire neighborhood waking everyone up because hes going 30 miles an hour in 1st? Well thats not me haha, but if I was that guy, man would the neighbors be pissin their pants. Right at startup, my car wants to do business and you KNOW it means business. There is no more subtle growling from the stock exhaust, this is full on like... angry alligator status. Shifting from gear to gear just makes me ooze in my seat.

Now some people will have their own preference on loud vs quiet exhaust. Here in Alaska we have no emissions standards and 95% of the cops could car less about the noise, not to brag but I have gotten thumbs ups from a few younger cops on the sound. So no emissions = no restrictions, and with the ****ty gas we have here (90 Octane), I'll take all the help I can get to get a few extra ponies once it's all said and done.

There is definitely some highway drone at lower RPM's. But surprisingly, at around 3500-4500 (between 70-80) it really tones out a bit and it really doesnt bother you all that much. You are actually quite capable of carrying on a normal conversation, provided that your passenger isnt a whisperer.

Now the O2 dump. Holy. ****. I about crapped my pants the first time I went to boost at WOT on my first drive after the install. It's like a whole new level of awesome. Normally when youre pulling against some idiot in his lifted chevy it's like: whaaaoooomp tssssss whaaaooooooommp tssssssss. With the O2 dump its more whaaAAAOOOOOMMMPP tsssss WHAAAAAOOOOOOMMMPPP tssssssss.

Concluding Thoughts:

Overall, the ETS pipes look to be well made, very easy to install, and overall leaves you super impressed and enthused with the new product that you put on your whip. 10 out of 10 would and should buy. The ONE qualm I have about this was that tunning was a pain in the ear, haha. Definitely going to invest in some quality ear muffs so I dont blow my ears out listening to that O2 dump at WOT.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:40 PM

Videos as promised!: I apologize in advance for poor video quality. For best sound quality, listen with headphones!

Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:41 PM

Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap that's loud.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Holy *****. I don't get my extreme and my intake in till monday, but at 3:54 is that noise the sound of the intake sucking air? What is that?

Btw appreciate the post.

EDIT: Forgot to add, btw my wife was laughing her *** off when I was sitting there going "whaaaoooomp tssssss whaaaooooooommp tssssssss" and "whaaAAAOOOOOMMMPP tsssss WHAAAAAOOOOOOMMMPPP tssssssss." to myself.

Yes I read that out loud, with exaggerated mouth movements and all.

Last edited by Gh3ttoRoM3o; Sep 13, 2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 09:23 PM

Wow thats insane!! I wonder how its like driving with this setup on the highway! (my daily commute). Amazing though!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I have a similar set up like this one, except the down pipe.

ETS extreme + Depo test pipe = eargasm! (living in Socal too)
Old Sep 22, 2015, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Moose4B11
Wow thats insane!! I wonder how its like driving with this setup on the highway! (my daily commute). Amazing though!
I have the ETS Testpipe and ETS Extreme as well but I don't have the Downpipe, I would assume under 11 PSI it should be the same anyway.

I drive my DD over 100 miles everyday, with 95% of that highway time. The sound is controllable for the most part.

Uphill: You're going to be loud.

Stop and Go: 1st - 3rdish you're going to be loud.

Everything else: You can finesse it to sound stockish by cruising. Honestly you can get it around stock volume but it's a completely different sound. Like an awesome growl. If you've seen some of my other posts my biggest concern was the sound while going by cops (I go by a lot of them daily on my route, but they're always in the same spot everyday, and I have literally just legal tints 35% here in CT an APR GTC-300 so adding an extreme and a testpipe prolly wasn't exactly the brightest idea), so I was really surprised how low I could get it when I wanted to.

Last edited by Gh3ttoRoM3o; Sep 22, 2015 at 01:46 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
I have the ETS Testpipe and ETS Extreme as well but I don't have the Downpipe, I would assume under 11 PSI it should be the same anyway.

I drive my DD over 100 miles everyday, with 95% of that highway time. The sound is controllable for the most part.

Uphill: You're going to be loud.

Stop and Go: 1st - 3rdish you're going to be loud.

Everything else: You can finesse it to sound stockish by cruising. Honestly you can get it around stock volume but it's a completely different sound. Like an awesome growl. If you've seen some of my other posts my biggest concern was the sound while going by cops (I go by a lot of them daily on my route, but they're always in the same spot everyday, and I have literally just legal tints 35% here in CT an APR GTC-300 so adding an extreme and a testpipe prolly wasn't exactly the brightest idea), so I was really surprised how low I could get it when I wanted to.

Ya I've been in the market for an exhaust for sometime now. Never pulled the trigger on anything because I'm always scared of the big investment and the loud noise. All highway driving for me too. But this just sounds so good!! Need to get some cash together now haha. Thanks for the info!!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for the awesome review! I love the comment about the first time you went WOT with the open dump. Hahaha... Music to my ears! :P

Thanks,

Michael
Old Sep 24, 2015, 07:50 PM

I remember the first time when i went WOT with the ETS o2 dump. Grinning ear to ear.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 04:06 AM

I have the same exact setup (v2 extreme, race tp, and o2 dump). However, my other turbo back setup which includes both the ets race tp and o2 dump alongside my muffler-delete titanium UR straight pipes, it's even louder AF!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 02:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Same here. I have the same setup. ETS Dump downpipe, race TP, and the extreme. It's also paired with ETS intercooler and intake. It's loud but not obnoxiously loud. Tuners would definitely appreciate the way it sounds
Old Sep 28, 2015, 08:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm waiting for mine to be shipped
Old Sep 29, 2015, 03:24 PM

Nice setup man! love it!

Quick Reply: ETS V2 Extreme W/Race Test Pipe and O2 Dump Down Pipe Review