Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Baka 5150-Racing Review after fixing my other e tune

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baka 5150-Racing Review after fixing my other e tune

Hey guys,

I had been having some issues with my tune and saw a post on the AB Evo facebook group with Jon Drenas (Baka) responding and answering some questions. I messaged him to ask some questions about my tune. I was on my 11th revision from a popular e tuner and had been having a lot of issues. I was getting turbo flutter at 2800 to 3500 rpm at WOT in 3rd and 4th gear, so to combat this my old tuner delayed my spool and i was spooling at around 3500 rpm.

My car was also hesitating at low rpm and would randomly buck at low rpm in higher gears under light throttle and overall didn't drive smoothly. I thought it was part of the process and it would all get ironed out over time but we were already on the 11th revision of the tune.

Also, I was having issues with overboosting due to low ambient temp (it gets to -30 up here) and was seeing up to 31 psi when the tune was targeting 27. So to fix that I was sent a winter tune that targeted 24 psi that was pretty underpowered. I thought this was normal so I wasn't too unhappy with this since I had stressed multiple times that I want a safe tune.

However, after Jon reviewed my logs he sent me a tune to try and within 3 iterations the turbo flutter issues I had are now gone. I spool at around 3k like I should, I have a tune that compensates for ambient temp, and drives much smoother with no weird bucking or hesitation issues anymore. He also is easier to communicate with and actually responds to questions and explain things.

Overall I am a lot more comfortable with my car and I'm no longer worried about my engine blowing (plus its way faster now ). Jon was kind enough to fix my tune for free and he has offered to do the same for my brothers car as well.
I won't say who my previous tuner was so please don't ask, the point of this post is to highlight how awesome Jon has been, if you need a tune or have questions I would highly recommend getting in touch with him.