Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bond Speedworks Miata battery tray

Old Jun 24, 2016, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Bond Speedworks Miata battery tray

I was in the process of upgrading my UICP when I started running into problems. I had no interest in using a mini battery, or in relocating the stock battery to the trunk. So the best option for me was to use a stock route pipe with the stock battery. So I ended up with a muse stock route pipe with a tial q BOV. Although even being stock route, the angle of the flange put the BOV in the way of the battery. I only needed a few inches of space, so my best option was to use a smaller car battery.

There's a good deal of info on this forum about civic and Miata batteries, so that was the route I decided to take. Only issue is that battery trays for smaller batteries are hard to find. Most people make their own or modify the stock one. I'm not handy or creative enough to make a half way decent battery tray. So I began searching. After about two hours of looking around, I came across Bond Speedworks. They specialize in dsm and evo stuff I believe. I saw an old photo on their Facebook of the Miata battery tray, and it looked really nice.

I got in touch with Kristen, who I believe is the owner. He answered all of my questions and made the process very smooth. He sent it 2 day priority mail, which is awesome because waiting on car parts is the worst. It arrived very well packaged and looked even better in person. The install was quick and easy, with no issues at all. The stock cables are long enough and no modifying is required. It fits awesome and looks great. If you didn't know evo's, you would think it was factory. Overall it is an awesome mod and I recommend it to anyone using short route piping or anyone tired of dealing with mini batteries.

Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much was it?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 03:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 2BARevo
how much was it?
Like $130