Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ortiz custom pods horrible experience

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ortiz custom pods horrible experience

On August 1, 2016, i ordered a dual pillar gauge pod from gauge from Ortizcustompods I received the item on October 6, 2016. The quality of paint was questionable at best, but I figured I can live with it. I installed the pillar the same. It was not my first time installing a pillar so the installation went fast. While installing I noticed that paint already started pilling off in some spots. After installing it I did not drive the car.
Next day, when I opened my car I noticed that one of the pods separated from the pillar (as shown on the picture below). I switched back to the original pillar and wrote the email to the company. Next day I received a response. It was an apology and promise to help. Unfortunately, that where it ended. Ortizcustompods did not honor their warranty and never contacted me again. I wanted to warn all forum members about the ortizcustompods products quality and treatment of costumers.
Last week i decided to fix the pillar myself. The pod separated effortlessly from the pillar. I applied a black epoxy from Autozone. And the problem is solved. Now I just have to find a matching paint.

The following users liked this post:
StephenZamora7 (Nov 18, 2017)
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Welcome to Ortiz custom pods. Any amount of research on these guys would have turned up numerous similar experiences.

Sorry about your luck. Unfortunately this is all too common.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 03:31 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't make pillars anymore but I can tell you the paint code to fix it
Old Apr 20, 2017, 05:36 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I've found a ton of bad reviews on this guy. A little researched saved me a ton of trouble. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, dude.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ikt
please do. I fixed the pod, just need to repaint it. Thank you.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ikt

I would like to know as well, please.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 07:49 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Wow. Glad I found this. I was just about to place an order. Thanks for the info.
Old May 2, 2017, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its a young kid trying to run a business.. but doesn't understand the concept of a good product and good customer service is the way to success, his customer service at least when i dealt with him sucked.
Old May 2, 2017, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Young kid or not, for $200US I wouldn't want to see mine falling apart either.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I do see you said you fixed the issue, however, we are more than happy to work with our customers to solve issues like this. We have a warranty on the pods to cover cracking and any other issue. We cover shipping and do the repair for free.

If there is anything we can do to help please email us Sales@ortizcustompods.com. We are not the type of people to leave our customers hanging with a cracked pod. These items are hand made and sometimes they do crack, we would have been more than happy to work with you.

Thank you,
OCP
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

[[B]QUOTE=OrtizCustomPods;11784948]Hello,

We are not the type of people to leave our customers hanging with a cracked pod.

OCP[/QUOTE]

Well, you left me with the crocked pod. And you warranty .....i did contact your costumer service right away, and no warranty work was done. I had to fix it myself.

However, the worst was the fact that the finish on the pod was a very low quality. There was absolutely no effort put into it. Paint was chipping off, glue was not spread properly and areas where two components were glued together was not properly sanded down. These are not mistakes, but rather careless screw ups.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 03:21 PM

Thumbs down This is definitely NOT worth getting! Buyer beware!

Good afternoon guys, i really havent been on the forum for quite a long time, and i just feel i needed to share this. Had a customer request this part for his car, so i simply just ordered it. I just got this in the mail, and even though it took probably about 3-4 weeks to get done, that isnt even the problem. So ill just let the pictures speak for them selves.

I dont know who would in their right mind, A. produce a product like this, B. let alone install it in their car unless they were DIY'ing it by them selves. Utter garbage!!

Old Nov 5, 2021, 03:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Looks like a home made printed copy! Good post

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Looks like a home made printed copy! Good post

Thanks!
Im willing to bet a 3d printed, properly worked piece would be 100 times better than this. Who builds like this and expect to get paid!?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 08:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Claudio_Haltech
Im willing to bet a 3d printed, properly worked piece would be 100 times better than this. Who builds like this and expect to get paid!?
I think you are correct. That piece may have come from a mold as there are identifier numbers on the inside. Not sure if a 3D printed version would have those number markings on the inside?

Either way its a rough piece for sure!

Quick Reply: Ortiz custom pods horrible experience