My BAD experience with TWM Performance. - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Vendor Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My BAD experience with TWM Performance.

Old Apr 22, 2018, 05:43 PM

I felt it was time for me to create an account and add to this thread in an effort to give more visibility to this TWM issue and potentially save others from going through the same ordeal. I purchased the TWM full cage replacement for my Evo X on March 3, 2018 and followed up with an email to TWM about a week later when I realized it hadn't shipped. My numerous emails and calls regarding the order were ignored until I managed to find a contact at TWM (after a lot of digging through Evo threads) to send yet another email to. I put 'Attn: Renato' in the subject and received a reply from Renato stating they were waiting on several sub-components. Keep in mind, the full cage replacement was listed on the site as In-Stock (and still is). That email was sent a month ago. My follow up email to Renato was ignored. Over the past few weeks I've seen numerous customers posting comments on TWM's Facebook page expressing their frustration with delayed orders and no response from TWM when they inquired about them. Each customer comment has been ignored and eventually deleted. I really wanted to hold out for the full cage replacement since I've heard/read many positive reviews about it, but TWM's practically non-existent customer service is just unacceptable to me. I eventually decided I'd rather not support a company that misleads it's customers and treats them so poorly, so I called my credit card company to dispute the charge.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 05:47 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Thanks for posting up & for sure thanks for joining the EvOM boards.

Be great to see get active on the X boards. We have a robust group of owners that would like to hear from you

Joe
Old Apr 22, 2018, 05:55 PM

The more bad things I hear about TWM the more lucky I feel that I was able to actually receive my full replacement cage and shifter. I feel lucky that they only scammed me out of $50 instead of my entire order... It's truly a shame that their customer service has gone out the window, because their products are awesome.

Why is TWM still a vendor on EvoM??!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 08:49 PM

wow.. I am waiting out for another 2-3 weeks, if nothing ill be opening a dispute for a refund through papal.

BTW Nick919 How is the shifter feel? that is the part i ordered. Iam not even sure if it is worth waiting for when i can get a works shifter.

iv heard great things about their products as well, but sad that it has to go down this way.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by dgutierrez079 View Post
wow.. I am waiting out for another 2-3 weeks, if nothing ill be opening a dispute for a refund through papal.

BTW Nick919 How is the shifter feel? that is the part i ordered. Iam not even sure if it is worth waiting for when i can get a works shifter.

iv heard great things about their products as well, but sad that it has to go down this way.
With the full cage and shifter (no underhood bushings of course) the shifter feel is excellent. The first thing I noticed when I bought this car was how terrible the shifting was. Now with the TWM shifter the driving experience has become substantially better, I actually can enjoy shifting. Throws are short, shifts are smooth and solid. I had some second and third gear notchiness that has disappeared entirely when the car warms up. This was an unexpected bonus, but a bonus nonetheless. Keep in mind I dont have any underhood bushings yet and I'm still waiting to change my tranny fluid to the Redline cocktail. I would 100% recommend this shifter to anyone if TWM had not screwed up my order.

But buyer beware, I would try to get your money back ASAP.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 08:16 AM

Am from Singapore. Am waiting out for my TWM products for many months as well. Many resend on emails but no reply at all. What's going on?!
Taken the $$ and run off?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.