Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My BAD experience with TWM Performance.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I felt it was time for me to create an account and add to this thread in an effort to give more visibility to this TWM issue and potentially save others from going through the same ordeal. I purchased the TWM full cage replacement for my Evo X on March 3, 2018 and followed up with an email to TWM about a week later when I realized it hadn't shipped. My numerous emails and calls regarding the order were ignored until I managed to find a contact at TWM (after a lot of digging through Evo threads) to send yet another email to. I put 'Attn: Renato' in the subject and received a reply from Renato stating they were waiting on several sub-components. Keep in mind, the full cage replacement was listed on the site as In-Stock (and still is). That email was sent a month ago. My follow up email to Renato was ignored. Over the past few weeks I've seen numerous customers posting comments on TWM's Facebook page expressing their frustration with delayed orders and no response from TWM when they inquired about them. Each customer comment has been ignored and eventually deleted. I really wanted to hold out for the full cage replacement since I've heard/read many positive reviews about it, but TWM's practically non-existent customer service is just unacceptable to me. I eventually decided I'd rather not support a company that misleads it's customers and treats them so poorly, so I called my credit card company to dispute the charge.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 05:47 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Thanks for posting up & for sure thanks for joining the EvOM boards.

Be great to see get active on the X boards. We have a robust group of owners that would like to hear from you

Joe
Old Apr 22, 2018, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The more bad things I hear about TWM the more lucky I feel that I was able to actually receive my full replacement cage and shifter. I feel lucky that they only scammed me out of $50 instead of my entire order... It's truly a shame that their customer service has gone out the window, because their products are awesome.

Why is TWM still a vendor on EvoM??!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow.. I am waiting out for another 2-3 weeks, if nothing ill be opening a dispute for a refund through papal.

BTW Nick919 How is the shifter feel? that is the part i ordered. Iam not even sure if it is worth waiting for when i can get a works shifter.

iv heard great things about their products as well, but sad that it has to go down this way.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by dgutierrez079
wow.. I am waiting out for another 2-3 weeks, if nothing ill be opening a dispute for a refund through papal.

BTW Nick919 How is the shifter feel? that is the part i ordered. Iam not even sure if it is worth waiting for when i can get a works shifter.

iv heard great things about their products as well, but sad that it has to go down this way.
With the full cage and shifter (no underhood bushings of course) the shifter feel is excellent. The first thing I noticed when I bought this car was how terrible the shifting was. Now with the TWM shifter the driving experience has become substantially better, I actually can enjoy shifting. Throws are short, shifts are smooth and solid. I had some second and third gear notchiness that has disappeared entirely when the car warms up. This was an unexpected bonus, but a bonus nonetheless. Keep in mind I dont have any underhood bushings yet and I'm still waiting to change my tranny fluid to the Redline cocktail. I would 100% recommend this shifter to anyone if TWM had not screwed up my order.

But buyer beware, I would try to get your money back ASAP.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 08:16 AM

Am from Singapore. Am waiting out for my TWM products for many months as well. Many resend on emails but no reply at all. What's going on?!
Taken the $$ and run off?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 09:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Same experience here. I didn't use my AMEX card and used my VISA instead and can't get a refund. I purchased the full shifter cage back in February.

Not sure what was going on over there but I just got burned out of $450.

People suck, what else is new?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by KRome
Same experience here. I didn't use my AMEX card and used my VISA instead and can't get a refund. I purchased the full shifter cage back in February.

Wow. I feel lucky to only get scammed out of $50. I must've been one of the last few to actually recieve parts from them. I'm amazed that they're website is still up and people are still buying from them. Strange...
Old Jul 12, 2018, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by AhBao9388
Am from Singapore. Am waiting out for my TWM products for many months as well. Many resend on emails but no reply at all. What's going on?!
Taken the $$ and run off?
Originally Posted by KRome

Wow, so glad I'm reading this. I was just about to order a shifter cage on TWM website.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 08:17 PM

Not sure what's going on at TWM, let everyone know to steer clear of them for now and hopefully they'll straighten out. It's a shame for this to happen as their products are awesome.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick919
Not sure what's going on at TWM, let everyone know to steer clear of them for now and hopefully they'll straighten out. It's a shame for this to happen as their products are awesome.
Do we have other options for a full replacement cage? Like can I send an OEM plastic cage to DrivenFab and ask them to custom-fabricate a metal cage based on that?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lightsaber
Do we have other options for a full replacement cage? Like can I send an OEM plastic cage to DrivenFab and ask them to custom-fabricate a metal cage based on that?
The only other option I know of is WORKS, which is the shift lever only, no cage. I believe TWM is the only company that makes a full metal cage for the Evo. Having a fab shop custom make a shift cage would be very expensive if you could find a place willing to do it.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 05:55 PM

Darn

Just ordered from them on the 2nd of July and now I read this thread. Then I decided to do research and I don't like what I read. Hopefully they don't drop the ball on my order too.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by YCEvoX
Just ordered from them on the 2nd of July and now I read this thread. Then I decided to do research and I don't like what I read. Hopefully they don't drop the ball on my order too.
call your credit card company and have them cancel the transaction!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII

call your credit card company and have them cancel the transaction!
I'll definitely do that within the dispute time frame of my credit card company, got to do my due diligence first since I still want the product and it'll make the claim/dispute process go by faster with proof of no contact from the other party.

Last edited by YCEvoX; Jul 16, 2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: My BAD experience with TWM Performance.