Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My BAD experience with TWM Performance.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, I ordered a full replacement shifter on 6/7 and have had no communications since the order confirmation. Over the last four weeks, I have emailed sales, entered a web contact form, and called multiple times throughout business hours on multiple days. Phones go straight to a generic voicemail without ringing, the chat support has not once had anyone tending to it. I'm going to be filing my dispute Friday if I don't get the part or hear back. They are updating Facebook and posting new coupon codes.

I get the distinct vibe that they are understaffed, struggling, and having supply issues with some of the custom parts but are doing nothing to address these issues or making it known why/what the delays are.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spread the word, don't buy from TWM!! Hopefully a drop in sales will send them a message.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Update, they didn't respond to PayPal so I just got my payment refunded via PayPal after the dispute waiting period ended. Hopefully their figure it out over there or shut down. Nobody should be put through the wringer just trying to purchase something that should be on a shelf ready to ship.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So its been over a year since I placed my order with TWM. As anyone could probably guess I never received the rest of my order. I'm actually extremely curious as to what happened to this company, it seems I was one of the lucky few that actually received something from them before they disappeared. Anyone got the inside story on this Ponzi scheme company?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear, i bought a short shifter from them for my integra a couple years ago and didn’t have any issues.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having trouble with TWM

Originally Posted by Nick919
If this is in the wrong section, I apologize, I'm fairly new here.

Recently I purchased a full replacement TWM shifter cage and shifter, along with all bushings directly from TWM. I placed my order on November 24, 2017. Shortly after, I received the shifter and shifter cage. The cage and shifter were no doubt of impressive build quality. I really love the shifter to be honest. But I noticed something, something from my order was missing. CABLE BUSHINGS... that I paid over $50 for were not included in the shipment. I go back to my invoice email and notice it says "cable bushings are currently backordered".

Alright, no big deal, I'm sure I'll get them soon. Two months go by, I send an email to TWM regarding the status of my bushings (which I was charged for). I get a reply back stating "your bushings will be sent out in approximately two weeks". Alright, another month goes by. I email TWM again, and what do you know, no response! So I call... four times throughout the day. No answer! Now I'm just tired of it.

I really wish their customer service was as good as their products. I was really hoping to leave a positive review on TWM Performance, but the recent issue I've run into has left a sour taste behind. For now, I strongly recommend to anyone that you do not deal with this company. If TWM would like to chime in and remedy this situation, I would gladly retract anything bad I said about the company. If anyone has some advice for me, please chime in.

NOTE: TWM Currently says the Cable Bushings are in stock... (it also did when I ordered them)
Hello, I ordered a short shifter for my Mitsubishi Evo X in July, it's now December and with so many attempts to make contact over these months I've come up empty handed and have nothing else to do besides continue to bug them and hopefully get 1 answer. I have been completely ignored and I was wondering is what else could I do? I've done everything, I'm hoping they didn't scam me of my 400$. Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2019, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
TWM Performance Out of Business?

Like the title says. Was driving my X and suddenly felt a ridiculous amount of slop. Checked under the hood and the clip on the rear shifter cable popped out and off went my bushing. Was looking to get TWM’s bronzoil shifter cable bushing. Went on their website, couldn’t enter a payment method. I called the number and said the line was no longer in use. Ended up going with the AMS ones but still would like to know the deal. Anyone?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
There's a thread 4 posts below yours. Take a look there and you'll be glad there was no where to enter your payment.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Life saver. Don’t know how I missed that thread. Thanks for saving me the trouble.