My BAD experience with TWM Performance. - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Vendor Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My BAD experience with TWM Performance.

Old Feb 23, 2018, 09:00 PM

My BAD experience with TWM Performance.

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize, I'm fairly new here.

Recently I purchased a full replacement TWM shifter cage and shifter, along with all bushings directly from TWM. I placed my order on November 24, 2017. Shortly after, I received the shifter and shifter cage. The cage and shifter were no doubt of impressive build quality. I really love the shifter to be honest. But I noticed something, something from my order was missing. CABLE BUSHINGS... that I paid over $50 for were not included in the shipment. I go back to my invoice email and notice it says "cable bushings are currently backordered".

Alright, no big deal, I'm sure I'll get them soon. Two months go by, I send an email to TWM regarding the status of my bushings (which I was charged for). I get a reply back stating "your bushings will be sent out in approximately two weeks". Alright, another month goes by. I email TWM again, and what do you know, no response! So I call... four times throughout the day. No answer! Now I'm just tired of it.

I really wish their customer service was as good as their products. I was really hoping to leave a positive review on TWM Performance, but the recent issue I've run into has left a sour taste behind. For now, I strongly recommend to anyone that you do not deal with this company. If TWM would like to chime in and remedy this situation, I would gladly retract anything bad I said about the company. If anyone has some advice for me, please chime in.

NOTE: TWM Currently says the Cable Bushings are in stock... (it also did when I ordered them)

Last edited by Nick919; Feb 23, 2018 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Forgot an important detail
Old Feb 25, 2018, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Call your credit card company, get the money back, end of thread.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 04:38 PM

Well I wish it was that easy. My card issuer has a strict policy on disputes or cancellations. No more than 60 days after purchase, and I'm well over 60 days now.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 08:20 AM

That sucks to read. I guess it's better than the Z world where a guy installed a TWM short shifter and was daily driving and it snapped below the shift console! He ended up using a hi liter as a shift lever/knob to get home!!! This was many moons ago and it sounds like TWM got their products right, but may be a bit too big for their britches... I would just keep pestering them!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 06:29 PM

BUMP. Does anyone know if TWM went out of business? They literally won't reply to any of my emails or calls no matter what I ask or say. I even asked to buy something in a message I left on the phone just to get a response from them, and no reply! At this point that's so unbelievable and ridiculous that I have to assume they're no longer in business.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 08:41 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Hi Nick

The Moderator group has reached out to them
Old Mar 24, 2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
Hi Nick

The Moderator group has reached out to them
Thank you.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 06:18 AM
EvoM Administrator

Hi,

They logged in yesterday, I sent a PM this morning asking they join this discussion.

Bob
Old Mar 28, 2018, 07:51 AM

Mods,

Any word from TWM? I know another evo owner who ordered a shifter from them and hasn't received it in a month and cannot get in contact with them.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 07:57 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

No response on my end. Our Admin group leader has reached out to them as well.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 04:47 PM

Alright, small update on my issue: TWM made a post on facebook a while ago with a picture stating "getting some orders out" or something like that. That's not important, what is important is that I left a comment saying how I've waited 5 months to receive my bushings. TWM actually replied to my comment (what a miracle) and said to email them. So I sent them another email (this must be like 6 or 7 emails by now) and no reply. This was expected. Last ditch effort, I messaged their facebook page, no response in over a week. How can these guys still be in business
Old Apr 7, 2018, 05:01 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Thanks for the update Nick. No further info from my chair.

Sorry for the purchasing issue
Old Apr 15, 2018, 08:21 PM

I purchased a short shifter and some bushings back in janurary. Still waiting on parts.. would be nice get some feedback from them.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 08:45 PM

Any advice on how to reach to them would be apreciated. Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by dgutierrez079 View Post
Any advice on how to reach to them would be apreciated. Thanks
I wish I knew! The only response I got from them in months was a comment on Facebook!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My BAD experience with TWM Performance.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.