Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

English racing review?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
English racing review?

Anyone able to give me a review on English racing? Only if you have had a car tuned there. I was told the other day that English doesn’t care about you car and will tune it to the max leading to it eventually blowing up. Not sure how accurate this is but I’ve always herd good things about them. So drop your reviews please. And what about speed factory?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Who ever told you that is a moron and you should avoid knowing them for your health. ER is one of the top three best Evo shops in the country. They will not do you wrong. You can have confidence in that whatever they do for you will be done the right way and will work flawlessly
Old Jun 7, 2018, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

That’s what I always herd. This was just someone I ran into and they were asking about my car. So I told them I was gonna have a tune by er. That’s how that started.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
ER is quite the opposite. Aaron tunes cars to where they are happy, not pushed to the edge. If your car doesn't hit your "goal", they can provide solid advice on what to do next to get you there.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
English is one of the best shops around and they stand by their work.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 02:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
I've been tuned by ER twice, but they do much more than just tuning. They even have a delivery truck service that runs through certain states to pick up your car for a rebuild. Each time I've been tuned by them I've had great results that have lasted through my level of street bashing.

ER is a developer, not just another tuning shop. They designed the R2 cams with GSC and have created products to solve issues that other shops have not (Oil pump under drive pulley, 2.4 Liter cam gear mod). There's only one way to be a leading shop and that's to perform your own testing and research. They do it often.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I don’t know what that dude was talking about but I don’t think he knew anything about them. Soon I’m gonna get some cams and make my way over to them.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Sounds like the guy was disgruntled. But I'd imagine there is way more to the story and given ER's reputation I'd put my money on it being the customers at fault vs English.

While I personally haven't had any tuning one by them aside from a reflashed ACD controller, their tuning is top notch. Honestly, ER is probably one of the best evo shops in the county let alone the world. They just built my bottom end and it was a very smooth process. They are friendly and professional. We ran into a small hickup when I got my engine shipped back my lower timing cover showed up cracked. Instead of having to jump through hoops and filing shipping claim or any of that nonsense instead what I got was "im sorry for the inconvenience we'll send you out a new one"

My point is all of my correspondence with English has been nothing but a pleasure. They have supported this community for a long time and their parts they they had a hand in developing and service is nothing but top notch. You'd be crazy to not have your car tuned by them.
The following users liked this post:
JDZNate (Jul 14, 2018)
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Good to know.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:09 PM

these guys are Awesome!!

I found these guys on the forums they have been nothing but awesome ever since I first started dealing with them with my Evo and starting the mods. Not only did they start with me knowing absolutely nothing and helping me with the mods to start with but now I have a built engine. They help me reach my first Power goals when I did the top end. I have recently been working on a full built motor and will be going to get it tuned at ER. I would run not walk and y'all Shut Up And Take My Money to the shop!! You will be happy you did.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Bzacharias
Anyone able to give me a review on English racing? Only if you have had a car tuned there. I was told the other day that English doesn’t care about you car and will tune it to the max leading to it eventually blowing up. Not sure how accurate this is but I’ve always herd good things about them. So drop your reviews please. And what about speed factory?
who told you that?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
lol. Aaron's been tuning my car for years now, from a distance at that. whew, no blow ups so far & the car is autoxed almost biweekly in the summer, and has been transitioning to track days

not to mention the kick-*** ACD tune
Old Jun 19, 2018, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Whoever told you that straight up lying to your face. I wouldn't trust the people who told you that. ER is well known and are good people. The only shop i trust tuning my Evo 9 and for all my maintenace needs.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Like I was telling him that’s the first time I have ever herd anything bad about er. I don’t care. I’m going to go there anyway after all the good I hear.