Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Turbo Rebuild by BoostLab

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Turbo Rebuild by BoostLab

Hello Guys,

I had a PTE6466 for almost three years, and put on it approximately 10,000km before it started to sound like it needed a rebuild. Noticed more shaft play than usual, and it was also smoking on up shifts. So I spoke with Kirk from BoostLab, because of all the turbo rebuild **** pictures he was posting on Instagram.

Well, Kirk immediately answered my email and asked me to send it in. He also told me how to pack my turbo, since I just wanted to send the CHRA (shipping from Dubai is FREAKIN expensive). After I removed my turbo, I noticed the turbine wheel was also damaged, and Kirk reassured me he had all the parts are in stock to rebuild it.

I was mind blown how quick he rebuilt the turbo. It was shipped on Tuesday, it arrived at his door on Thursday and he had it ready to ship on Friday. I asked him if it was OK to ship the turbo back on my fedex account (much cheaper for me), and he said no problem. Well, I didnt know Fedex was miles away from his shop and it was difficult to arrange the pick up. So Kirk went out of his way, on a Saturday while he was running some errands, to drop the package at Fedex.

I couldn't be happier with his service, and how he went out of his way to make sure I got my turbo back quickly. I will definitely send him more turbos to fix for me

Thank you Kirk, BoostLab, for your amazing service.

Last edited by Evo9_Dubai; May 30, 2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Just did another rebuild by Kirk @ boostlab.
As always, best customer service you can ask for, quick turnaround and well packaged during shipping..

Thanks Kirk !!!!!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 08:29 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
That is great that their service is awesome. I have spoken to Kirk in the past, and that seems like a good operation. That being said, I have a few questions for you:

1). What was the cost to rebuild the (I am assuming BB) CHRA?

2). Do they rebuild BB cores from other manufacturers (i.e. Garrett)?