Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Forced performance turbo, very dissapointed 😡

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 09:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Catastrophic turbo failure and it was still making some level of boost. I'm impressed.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I bet that 180* U-turn did nothing to hurt flow. Hell, I bet it improved it!!!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Actual photo of the tuner getting off the phone with FP, who was asking for shaft speed, to go hook up the nitrous.

-2019, colorized
Attached Thumbnails Forced performance turbo, very dissapointed 😡-photo30.jpg  
Old Mar 9, 2019, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
Every connection will lose boost. So depending on all components to the intake manifold, if intake manifold boost pressure is 45psi, it is possible that turbo is pushing 60psi if there are lots of bends and clogs (like intercooler). There is a minimum bend radius for each size of pipe and it doesn't look like that minimum radius is met so it could lose pressure at the outlet vs the inlet. Space must be tight for OP to use that bend.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes every been is a restriction to flow, necessary evil, if they were 2 90s no one would batter en eye. And the pressure drop was measured see above 2 psi so compressor pressure was not that much higher.
also the bolt was removed before using nos.
And firstly it was the nos that killed it then a foreign object so unless the nos bottle was thrown into the turbo then pick one.
Everything was removed and pressure tested, another 2 turbos we're tried to prove the set up which worked flawlessly.
I agree that putting a speed sensor on wouldn't hurt you can never have enough data, all the same if it's so important why don't theses turbos come with one or even the port to install it?
Only 45psi was coming out of the turbo emap was only a few psi higher than the map so we knew turbo should be no where near it's limit and we keep getting told intercooler is the problem even tho we proved it's not.
The gt 42 that made all the power with the old intercooler is staying on there and the intercooler is being replaced just in case any dead turbo is lodged in it so we will see if the new intercooler makes more power or has less pressure drop, from the logs I seen if it does it will be marginal.
Also I would like to point out the the xona 105.68 replaces the super 99 , the super 99 has a 10mm shaft but the 105.68 has an 8mm shaft.
When previously talking to FP to see if my old 3794 could be upgraded with a super 99 wheel I was told no because you can't swing such a big wheel on an 8mm shaft yet that's what the 105.68 has.