Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

What's up with STM?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 09:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's up with STM?

Ordered a few parts from STM over a week ago on April 14th. Currently I've had no communication from them and no updates on shipping. So last week I messaged their Facebook page and asked what the deal was and the response was "we are out of the Mitsubishi coolant" (which I ordered 2 gallons). Note: the coolant was in stock on the website. I've tried calling the number on their website several times which just redirects to an automated voice message. I emailed them yesterday and no response. What the hell? This is my first time ordering from them and everyone talks about how great they are but I'm not seeing that. Are they closed for the month or something? At this point I'm ready for a refund to take my business elsewhere.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm weird I've never had an issue with any orders I've placed with them....even called to have some questions answered and got someone right away to talk with and have them answered.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
They have been good to me I have ordered a lot of stuff from them . Only downside is that are slow at shipping I'm only 5 hrs away
and takes a 6-8 days to get anything.
Maybe they are busy lately I know this whole week they are prepping for big race and tune event April 27th and 28th.
I guess they should considering hiring more staff.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Yeah, I tries calling to day to order some stuff, go the "we're close" voicemail twice when they should be open. Ordered from ExtremePSI instead.

Not sure whats going on, but I can assure you they didn't run off with your money.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Yea i always get my stuff from them but it always takes a week at least to get it, no matter if its a simple bolt and gasket or a downpipe.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by llllBULLSEYE
They have been good to me I have ordered a lot of stuff from them . Only downside is that are slow at shipping I'm only 5 hrs away
and takes a 6-8 days to get anything.
Maybe they are busy lately I know this whole week they are prepping for big race and tune event April 27th and 28th.
I guess they should considering hiring more staff.
I live in NY, I'm only 3 hrs from them! Just seems strange that a reputable company wouldn't answer calls and emails unless they are closed for something. I'll have waited 10 days by tomorrow and nothing has even shipped yet
Old Apr 23, 2019, 08:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
@STM Tuned

Active thread in your name
Old Apr 24, 2019, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Order from them almost exclusively, most anything I order is here in 1-2 days. Never had one issue with their company whatsoever.

Same with Extreme PSI if STM didn’t stock it or I needed something for another vehicle. Neither have ever let me down
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
This is partly why I always call them to order. The typical complaint with ordering from the online is their website doesn't always reflect actual in stock status, and sometime things take a week to ship. Calling them resolves all these issues.

Weird that calls aren't going through. Maybe their phones are down?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 08:49 PM

Okay so good news. I did receive an email back from Connor at STM. My stupid email (gmail) blocked the email, filtering it as spam. Connor said they will overnight it as soon as possible. This is my fault for not seeing this email, I'm glad I've got some communication. However, still no shipping updates, which is disappointing. If my order gets overnighted I will definitely give STM a thumbs up!

I also wonder what's going on with their phones.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
I remember one time I ordered A-pillars from STM and after about 6 months i realized I never got them. Called them up and they had em on the way same day. Looks like they don't have the best order system in place and your order must have gotten mixed up or lost. Just give them a call and they'll take care of it.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah I just ordered a bumper from them last week. Says my order is fulfilled but I have received any tracking information whatsoever regarding it. Might have to make a call tomorrow.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 06:37 PM

STM overnighted my order to me and I received it yesterday. Although it took a while they got it to me as soon as they could! Thank you Connor at STM
Old Apr 28, 2019, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
few weeks ago had a motor pull, tranny install, blah.. blah.. on a daily driver.

the rack and pinion on the car was leaking horrible and i had a used one ready to replace it.
went to put the used one on and it was the wrong one...
Being a daily, ... i panicked.

called STM...... "You gotta help me man... i need a steering rack as soon as possible.. im in trouble."/

was at my door 4 days later.

STM has always been top notch for me.

glad you got it worked out.
Old May 1, 2019, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Finally got a tracking number on my rear bumper and it should arrive Monday. So they are well within the 1 to 4 week timeframe that is listed on the site.

Quick Reply: What's up with STM?