Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MaPerformance Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 08:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommyfacekicker
My experience has been a nightmare. It still is. They email me through here faster, even though I didnt email them. 😡 still waiting on parts. I paid for some parts a few months ago and they didn’t come with my $3,300.00 purchase. Finally got ahold of someone on the phone and they said I’ll give it to you for free 😆. I said it’s not free, it’s already paid for. Then I purchased the rest of my parts that I needed and used my gift card and points to purchase it. I was told that it would all be shipped overnight. I thought yay 😃. Then I got my package and it was only the parts that they didn’t ship with my first purchase that got overnighted and now I’m waiting for the other parts that I was told would ALL BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT🤗. Had a 4 day weekend and told them that my plan was to finish the car before the weekend was over. But my time is nothing to the Pros. It’s just my time.

Hey Tommy, I attempted to reach out to you directly a couple different times with no success. If you can give me your email address associated with your account or your full name I can personally look into what is going on with your order. The reason I have been reaching out to you before you reach out to us is because I care about the people and enthusiasts who spend money with my company. I assure you that if you can respond to my PM with the requested information that I need, I can personally get you taken care of.
Old May 23, 2019, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
I need my car running and without them contacting me back and shipping me the items that I've already paid for, I don't see my car running for another few weeks... That was yesterday and I got nothing. I have nothing nice to say at this point about them.
I don't think that ONE day is reasonable. A lot of businesses won't respond for a WEEK in this business (aftermarket car mods). It isn't great how we are usually treated by machine shops and mod shops, but it has been my experience that MAP raised the bar, not lowered it since they entered the game. I had dealings with slowboy racing back in the day that would make you want to rip your hair out. I think going on the forums after ONE DAY with complaints is a bit jumping the gun.....

Just my 2 cents....
Old May 24, 2019, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by maperformance
Hey brother, I certainly do not like hearing that our customers are having a less than excellent experience with our team of professionals here. I do not know who you were originally dealing with but I assure you that is not how we normally conduct business. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me here directly or at my direct email makin@maperformance.com. I would be more than happy to look into your order and see what might be delaying your parts. I apologize for any delay or inconvenience you are experiencing but I will do everything in my power to get you taken care of!
this looks good on this website but my parts are still in transit gonna be here Tuesday. Which doesn’t help because I needed the car running by Monday. I know that people have had great experiences with you guys but I just want people to know about the worst case scenarios. On The last 3 items that I purchased I only got a discount on 1 of the 3. Didn’t even get the 10%off 1 item was oe and 1 was aftermarket. im Just glad that I could put this info out here so others can learn from my mistake. I left at least 10 emails total to 4 different people and at least 5 voice mails and I got no response. Not cool. That’s was all in one day. Day 1 and 3 had voicemails and emails too and still no replies.
Old May 24, 2019, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

I spent $6k in parts and services with Map since January. Gotta understand my frustration. Just hope poeple will read this so they can make an informed choice before ordering. Ordering parts for a car that you plan on fixing in 6-12 months away might be great if you order from map. Everyone always says their great but I couldn’t find anyone who really spoke up. I’ll tell my whole story so everyone can understand what happened.
Old May 24, 2019, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
did u try calling them
Old May 24, 2019, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

this looks good on this website but my parts are still in transit gonna be here Tuesday. Which doesn’t help because I needed the car running by Monday. I know that people have had great experiences with you guys but I just want people to know about the worst case scenarios. On The last 3 items that I purchased I only got a discount on 1 of the 3. Didn’t even get the 10%off 1 item was oe and 1 was aftermarket. im Just glad that I could put this info out here so others can learn from my mistake. I left at least 10 emails total to 4 different people and at least 5 voice mails and I got no response. Not cool. That’s was all in one day. Day 1 and 3 had voicemails and emails too and still no replies.

I do apologize but I cannot help you without knowing what your order number is. Can you provide me with your full name, order number, or email so that I can identify your order and see what we can do to make this up to you?
Old May 24, 2019, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
I am going to try and say this nicely. You sound like spoiled kid. You spammed them like crazy ALL IN ONE DAY and they didn't get back to you. R u kidding me? You think because you went nuts with emails and voice mails you get to jump the line for the business of that day? Your upset about not getting 10% off? Then go somewhere else. Good luck with that. You haven't been doing this long I imagine, because after years in this game you'll be praising MAP for the way they run their business. I think your off your rocker.
Old May 24, 2019, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jaraxle
I am going to try and say this nicely. You sound like spoiled kid. You spammed them like crazy ALL IN ONE DAY and they didn't get back to you. R u kidding me? You think because you went nuts with emails and voice mails you get to jump the line for the business of that day? Your upset about not getting 10% off? Then go somewhere else. Good luck with that. You haven't been doing this long I imagine, because after years in this game you'll be praising MAP for the way they run their business. I think your off your rocker.
your entitled to your thoughts. I’m just talking about my situation. If yours was positive then good for u friend 😀
Old May 24, 2019, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

i do apologize but i cannot help you without knowing what your order number is. Can you provide me with your full name, order number, or email so that i can identify your order and see what we can do to make this up to you?
#144463.
Old May 24, 2019, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jaraxle
I don't think that ONE day is reasonable. A lot of businesses won't respond for a WEEK in this business (aftermarket car mods). It isn't great how we are usually treated by machine shops and mod shops, but it has been my experience that MAP raised the bar, not lowered it since they entered the game. I had dealings with slowboy racing back in the day that would make you want to rip your hair out. I think going on the forums after ONE DAY with complaints is a bit jumping the gun.....

Just my 2 cents....

This wasn’t a 1 day issue. It was A whole month after my estimated time of arrival. I’m upset that I paid money and then waited on parts as if they were coming from japan. And on top of that I get 1 response every week and a half with wrong information. So $6k is a lot of money with no products to show for.
Old May 28, 2019, 07:14 AM
Former Sponsor

#144463.

Going off of this order number it looks like tracking information was emailed to you the same day this order was placed, the tracking number shows that this will be at your door today. Using the email provided with this order I looked into your order history and show that everything you ordered with us has arrived. The biggest purchase I saw with us was for a short block build which has an estimated ETA of 4-6 weeks so it sounds like we completed that and shipped your engine to you within that lead time. Perhaps there is another email address that you used to make bigger purchases with us that have not arrived? If so please send me that email address or order number so I can look into this further for you, thanks!
Old May 29, 2019, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

yes i did. got transferred to an answering machine a few times when I got through.
Old May 29, 2019, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Going off of this order number it looks like tracking information was emailed to you the same day this order was placed, the tracking number shows that this will be at your door today. Using the email provided with this order I looked into your order history and show that everything you ordered with us has arrived. The biggest purchase I saw with us was for a short block build which has an estimated ETA of 4-6 weeks so it sounds like we completed that and shipped your engine to you within that lead time. Perhaps there is another email address that you used to make bigger purchases with us that have not arrived? If so please send me that email address or order number so I can look into this further for you, thanks!
i guess your system doesn't keep track of emails. i like that you make attempts here but i just want to let others know that you guys don't provide this kind of service in the real world all the time.
Old May 30, 2019, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

i guess your system doesn't keep track of emails. i like that you make attempts here but i just want to let others know that you guys don't provide this kind of service in the real world all the time.

Well sir I do apologize if you feel that way. I can't think of many companies who stay current on forums and would attempt to reach out to you when they see a customer in distress. I have asked a few different times for you to reach out to me directly and even to my sales manager Aaron (ajohnson@maperformance.com) so we can get this issue resolved for you. I would still love to help you out if you can go ahead and reach out to me. From what I understand, we refunded you quite a bit of money to make the situation right.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Red face

Well sir I do apologize if you feel that way. I can't think of many companies who stay current on forums and would attempt to reach out to you when they see a customer in distress. I have asked a few different times for you to reach out to me directly and even to my sales manager Aaron (ajohnson@maperformance.com) so we can get this issue resolved for you. I would still love to help you out if you can go ahead and reach out to me. From what I understand, we refunded you quite a bit of money to make the situation right.
I actually got zero dollars refunded to me, you and I both know that. Like I said, i'm just putting this info out there so that someone else may see this and make a more informed decision. Reaching out on this forum is just to try and make yourself look really good. the reality of it is that I still haven't received a single email reply from the many emails that I sent to maperfomance about my issue. whats done is done. everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I wouldn't buy from Map unless I had 2 years in advance to build my car.