EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   20G-LT by BR Final review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/322990-20g-lt-br-final-review.html)

04AWDTURBOEVO Feb 3, 2008 07:55 PM

20G-LT by BR Final review

This is my last review on the Buschur 20GLT, aka FP Green.
The car is now 100 percent.

Dyno yesturday at Fynetune, Miami, Florida.

Max Power = 451.04 Max Torque = 437.60

For those who have this Turbo and still tuning it, and those who are going or thinking about getting one, this Turbo is awesome. :beer:
This is my 3rd time taking the car to the Dyno and tuning the Evo with the 20G. Always looking for more power.

It has been a positive experience all the way.

1st time the car was taken to a Mustang Dyno at CFT in January last year where it did 418 hp and 419 Tq.
That Dyno reads about 5 percent less than a Dynojet
2nd Dyno tuning session was back in May last year at Brotherz Racing Dynojet in Tampa where it did 441.68 hp and 428.90 tq.
And yesturday, back to Fynetune Dynojet in South Florida for a re-tune after new head Gasket and L19 Studs were added. * See Dyno attached.
The car made 460 ft.lbs. of Torque in 4th gear yesturday :eek: , but a little less HP than in 3rd. gear.

After this tune, seems like the Turbo, in combination with all the parts in my car, seems my set-up is max-out.
The Evo pulls very strong, and I could not be any happier. So the only other plan is to add the AEM Meth Kit that I allready have and enjoy the car for a while.

I give the Turbo a 10 out of 10. :thumbup:

Have fun with yours, guys/gals. I will with mine. :)

Here is the Dyno and mod list.
On C16 and 33~35 psi peak, 3rd gear pull.

Jestr Tuned, every time.

1. Greddy racing titanium cat back
2. Ultimate racing 3 inch down pipe
3. Ultimate racing t. pipe
4. Ebay O2 housing
5. Ported and coated stock exhaust manifold
6. Ebay lower intercooler pipe with upgraded Forge silicone hoses and clamps
7. Ebay turbo power FMIC
8. Injen intake and upper intercooler pipe with upgraded T-Clamps
9. Forge RS BOV
10. Buschur Racing 20G LT, ported
11. Forge Motorsports new piston design IX WGA, updated release
12. HKS 264i/272e cams and Fidanza Cam Gears
13. HKS DDI-II Ignition amplifier
14. PRE 780 cc injectors
15. Walbro 255 lbs. fuel pump
16. Tilton twin disk full ceramic clutch, replaced new again 1-29-2008
17. Greddy E0-1 boost controller
18. Apexi super AFCII with street and racing maps
19. Innovative Motorsports LC-1 wide band with digital gauge
20. Jester tuning ECU custom flash
21. B&M short throw shifter
22. Lancershop shifter bushings
23. Greddy counter weight shift knob
24. Lancershop carbon fiber rear exhaust bumper cover
25. Linear Technology scan unit with display to read/clear codes
displays w.temp, timming, e. load, i. air temp.
26. Forge front stiff motor mount
27. NGKs BR8ES plugs, gap .025
28. Royal Purple water cooler fluid
29. Hawk Brake Pads
30. Gates Racing Timing Belt
31. TitanMotorsports Spec Titanium Head Studs

Bold=New installs

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...LastReview.jpg

Soon 2 B EVIL Feb 3, 2008 07:57 PM

what did u get with 93 pump gas?

sspaladin28 Feb 3, 2008 07:58 PM

Damn nice setup

El.BlueEvo9 Feb 3, 2008 08:03 PM

Manie!!!! Great #'s man{thumbup}

evoguy333 Feb 3, 2008 08:03 PM

great numbers!:thumbup:

04AWDTURBOEVO Feb 3, 2008 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B EVIL (Post 5237579)
what did u get with 93 pump gas?

I never have Dyno the Evo on pump gas.
I only race the car on Hi Boost.

The car has 2 fuel maps. Jestr tunes my Race map, I tune the Street map.
On the Apexi SAFCII.

I would estimate 40 or 50 hp less on pump gas. I run 25 psi peak on 93 pump on the 20G.

Thanks guys.

TTP Engineering Feb 3, 2008 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO (Post 5237571)
31. TitanMotorsports Spec Titanium Head Studs

Bold=New installs

Nice power and curves Manie. I would have liked to see more than 10whp gain from the last time though. Good luck with the meth injection and be careful.

There are always bigger, better cams for additional performance gains.

FYI the ARP L19 headstuds are steel, not titanium.

Originally Posted by forgedperformance
Due to head lift issues at high WHP, additional clamping force is needed. While standard ARP studs can be torqued down to 65-70ft/lbs, these ARP made with 262,000psi tensile strength L19 steel can be torqued down to 90-95 ft/lbs easily, without breaking the stud. These are a direct drop in replacement, and require no special block modifications or machining. We feel so strongly about these extreme duty L19 studs, that we will no longer carry the standard ARP head stud, as they have proven unreliable beyond 525whp, due to insufficient clamping force.

El.BlueEvo9 Feb 3, 2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO (Post 5237616)
I never have Dyno the Evo on pump gas.
I only race the car on Hi Boost.

The car has 2 fuel maps. Jestr tunes my Race map, I tune the Street map.
On the Apexi SAFCII.

I would estimate 40 or 50 hp less on pump gas. I run 25 psi peak on 93 pump on the 20G.

Thanks guys.

Even at 410 on pump gas alone makes your car a beast!! Your car is good the way you have it buddy. So when are you going to install the Meth Injection?

04AWDTURBOEVO Feb 3, 2008 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9 (Post 5237632)
Even at 410 on pump gas alone makes your car a beast!! Your car is good the way you have it buddy. So when are you going to install the Meth Injection?

Hi, Manny.
Thanks.

The Meth injection is going in a few weeks.
You had great results and experience with yours, and I always been impressed with your tune, so I am going for it, :) .

SWOLN Feb 3, 2008 08:16 PM

Can you elaborate on your head gasket replacement?

El.BlueEvo9 Feb 3, 2008 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO (Post 5237662)
Hi, Manny.
Thanks.

The Meth injection is going in a few weeks.
You had great results and experience with yours, and I always been impressed with your tune, so I am going for it, :) .

Cooooll{thumbup}

04AWDTURBOEVO Feb 3, 2008 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering (Post 5237619)
Nice power and curves Manie. I would have liked to see more than 10whp gain from the last time though. Good luck with the meth injection and be careful.

There are always bigger, better cams for additional performance gains.

FYI the ARP L19 headstuds are steel, not titanium.

Thanks.

It gained between 10 and 16 hp in all the power band. I got a Dyno plot with the old and the new tune.

It was hard to beat the old tune to begin with, it was that good, ;) .
This one was fine tuned to clean it up. The set-up is Max out.

04AWDTURBOEVO Feb 3, 2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SWOLN (Post 5237664)
Can you elaborate on your head gasket replacement?

A few Months ago, my car started to push Coolant. It was over-flowing tru the reservoir tank. I took the car to the Dyno and had lost alot of power, so the runs were aborted. The head was lifting do to Hi boost, 33 plus psi on the stock Head Bolts for the last 3 years. The car started to over heat on the way home after some Hi Speed Top end Run, 180 mph+.

So I decided to change the Head Gasket, which was not blown, but the bolts had to be changed anyway. I went with the OEM Gasket replacement.
At this time, since I was in there, I changed the Timing Belt, with 53 Thousand Miles.

SWOLN Feb 3, 2008 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO (Post 5237732)
A few Months ago, my car started to push Coolant. It was over-flowing tru the reservoir tank. I took the car to the Dyno and had lost alot of power, so the runs were aborted. The head was lifting do to Hi boost, 33 plus psi on the stock Head Bolts for the last 3 years. The car started to over heat on the way home after some Hi Speed Top end Run, 180 mph+.

So I decided to change the Head Gasket, which was not blown, but the bolts had to be changed anyway. I went with the OEM Gasket replacement.
At this time, since I was in there, I changed the Timing Belt, with 53 Thousand Miles.

Thanks you for the explanation.

dbsears Feb 4, 2008 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9 (Post 5237632)

I highly doubt its 410whp on pump. C16 plus much more aggressive timing and almost 10lbs of boost more on the race map will add ALOT more than just 40-50hp. I would gather probably 370-380whp on pump with almost equal torque which is still alot. That is damn impressive for a 20g on an VIII. Have you ever thought about more aggressive cams maybe, like S1, Cosworth, different type of 272's? I would suspect with that type of boost I bet another 10-15whp could be gathered out of more aggressive cams. Also what does your boost hold at that RPM?