EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   This is my story and it involves Tscompusa!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/570516-my-story-involves-tscompusa.html)

Stradag Aug 19, 2011 08:53 AM

This is my story and it involves Tscompusa!!

First I would like to let everyone in on the history of my car. I have owned it for three years and it came with some bolt on some good some bad. The first year I owned my car I switched out alot of the bad parts for better ones.
The second year I attempted to get the car tuned. I did alot of research on tuning and also on the vendors. I ended up with a vendor out of florida. He tried to tune my car for about a year and kept telling me I need to fix this or buy this blah blah blah.
After a year I was very frustrated and finally just said nevermind I will find someone else. I posted on EvoM about my issues and Tscompusa messaged me and offered to help. He looked at my rom and logs and gave me a few pointers. At this time I was attempting to tune the car myself. Tom helped me with a few issues and then I came to a point og ignition timing and was too nervouse to do it myself.
So, I was looking for another tuner again. Tscompusa said he could tune my car for a really decent price and of course after getting burnt once I was iffy about it.
Finally I said screw it lets see what he can do and I told him I wanted him to tune my car. Well before we were able to start my IX Turbo died. So I told tscompusa that I will need a little time to get a new turbo.
Eventually I bought a FP Black and installed it. Right after I finished it a well known tuner from CT was coming to my area to tune a few cars.
All of my friends talked me into having him tune my car. I rode in a few cars he tuned and they felt pretty good.
Well I had him tune my car and no exaggeration my car felt slower than it did with a partial tune with a IX turbo.
The day after the tuner finished I went back to him and told him this feels weak I mean really weak. He blamed it on me shifting too slow. I know how to drive. I pulled 12.4 multiple times consistantly out of my stock turbo and injectors.
So I told the guy I wanted a partial refund. He pretty much blew me off so I was out $300.00.
That same day I contacted tscompusa and I told him my story. That I was screwed again by another tuner and im getting really annoyed.
So, tscompusa started on my car that same day. Unfortuantly it started raing so we had to wait a couple days due to traction issues. Finally one night I fixed everything up did a boost leak test and contacted tscompusa and it was around 10-11 pm and he was like alright lets get her done lol.
So we tuned until about 3:30 in the morning and made 444whp and 385tq about 80tq 50whp more than that other Shop from CT.
So all I can say is that Tom (tscompusa) ahs very good customer service. Has been very patient, knows what the hell he is doing, and makes alot of safe power tuning cars.
It took me three years to straiten my car out and over $1500 in tuning. Toms prices are lower than others but the quality of his work is the highest you can get.
I would recommend him over anyone I have tried to use and I would like to thank him for helping me out being so patient and the quality work he has done with my car.
I think some of the tuners out there need to learn from Tom if they want to be a succesful bussines.
Thanks alot Tom I look forward to seeing what kind of power we make when I get my built block and a couple other mods.

SamsonEvoX Aug 19, 2011 11:03 AM

Great story. It is good to hear of shops like Tscompusa. We need to spread the word about shops like this. There are too many horror stories of bad tunes done by bad tuners. Glad to hear your car is running like a champ!

Stradag Aug 19, 2011 11:52 AM

this is true if i would of known about tom 3 yrs ago I would of saved alot of money lol
GO TOM!! {thumbup}

tscompusa2 Aug 19, 2011 11:59 AM

great review - thanks a lot man.. i appreciate it. now woop that sti's ass for me plz.

Stradag Aug 20, 2011 07:12 AM

LMAO not a problem, but whenever you have time you should drive here so you can show people around here what a real fast car is lol

ta ace Aug 20, 2011 11:39 AM