EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/608478-my-first-rexpeed-purchase-my-last.html)

sonic_evox Apr 22, 2012 01:58 PM

My first Rexpeed purchase...and my last

**EDIT*****
Hey guys i spoke to Derek and he and i resolved the issue he is a great guy and did everything he could to make me happy. it made me restore my faith in rexpeed. He offered to give me a refund and keep my pod as well, as an apology for the bad product. I didn't take the refund and asked if i could get a CF hood scoop and pay the differences, he gave it to me at a more than great price. Sure i was mad at first but they really made me restore my faith, if it wouldn't of been for Derek i would of never bought anything else from them.

scothu Apr 22, 2012 02:06 PM

That sux. I have a plastic one (non-rexspeed) that requires tape to be installed. Without the tape it wouldn't sit flush, and without it being flexible plastic it would probably crack too.

sonic_evox Apr 22, 2012 02:11 PM

Its like rexpeed doesn't even care about what their selling and what we think about their products, perfect example of a company not having control over quality.

R Lar Apr 22, 2012 02:26 PM

My first rexpeed purchase wasn't so great either, but maybe you should try Contacting Derek (he is the rexpeed vendor). He is on the forums and he may be able to help you out. He's a good guy.

JJames Apr 22, 2012 02:37 PM

Yepp I ordered one of those things too the rexpeed CF dual gauge steering wheel pod.
Fitment does suck but here is the thing if and I say IF you could some how replace the stock top cover with it it actually sits on there perfectly.

now as for the gauges not fitting... well yeah I dremeld the F*** out of them and got them to fit... You have to basicly get rid of the entire inner ring and then sand a "slit in the bottom of it for the gauges to barly sqeeze in there.

If it wasnt for it blocking like the 60% of my speedo I might leave it on there but for now Im back to vent mounted Cobb AP for boost and Vent mounted Ipod for AFR via AEM X-wifi

ikt Apr 22, 2012 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by lankid23 (Post 10117275)
Its like rexpeed doesn't even care about what their selling and what we think about their products, perfect example of a company not having control over quality.

I think it's just some chinese stuff from Taiwan right? I PM'd for a special deal once, it was almost the same as their website :lol:

EvilRob Apr 22, 2012 03:35 PM

Are you not supposed to take the top plastic piece on the steering column off and replace it with the rexpeed piece? Also gauges not fitting is not a big problem use a dremel like someone suggested. Other than those to points kinda, their products are know for fitment issues.

HudsonFalcon Apr 22, 2012 05:18 PM

I gave Rexpeed a try a couple of years ago with one of their single gauge pods and I'd never buy their crap again either. Their fitment sucks and their quality is equally as bad. I'll gladly pay the extra for quality pieces I don't have to look at in disgust.

Showbizz41 Apr 22, 2012 05:26 PM

I picked up the same gauge cluster over the wheel last year... After they messed up my order they for some reason sent me two... Both of which were very different from one another and neither the correct size. 1, wasnt even close fitting over the wheel... Terrible company in only my personal opinion

Showbizz41 Apr 22, 2012 05:26 PM

The one that I was able to fab up a little and get to fit was only slightly better than yours in fact

EvoStig Apr 22, 2012 07:05 PM

Oh crap I just purchased something from them but it has not got here yet. I wish I would have read this earlier.

MisterHappy Apr 22, 2012 08:13 PM

Had the A Pillar with similiar issues, never set flush and the gauges had to be warpped with tape to sit in the pillar snug.

evoxspyder Apr 22, 2012 09:02 PM

rexpeed = no bueno.. i purchased their a pillar dual gauge pod and it was ridiculous that they would even sell somthing like that. i had seen pictures were it wasnt 100% perfect but this was just a complete piece of sh*t

ImEv0 Apr 22, 2012 09:08 PM

i have nothing but good things to say about rexpeed. contact the vendor and see what they say.

GTS-SB Apr 22, 2012 11:42 PM

Yup, not surpised, ive gotten jipped by rexspeed crap before.