EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   Street Tuned Motorsports (STM) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/642480-street-tuned-motorsports-stm.html)

DueLzo Jan 10, 2013 08:47 PM

Street Tuned Motorsports (STM)

I am relatively new to this forum - a real noob. Read several reviews about the aftermarket parts and the pros/cons and it is quite educational for me.

After researching what I want to first put in my EvoIX GSR (RHD), I made an international order to StreetTunedMotorsports back in December 29th, 2012. But I havent heard anything from them since then. I read one of the thread posted by a member in this forum about STM, although its positive, are they a real store or just another scam?

Hope i'm not offending anyone with this thread.. I just would like a valid answer cos i'm getting kinda worried that i havent heard anyting from them =(

fastyouth1313 Jan 10, 2013 08:50 PM

STM is legit.

They are one of greatest vendors. You have nothing to worry about trust me. I'm sure they will even chime in on your thread as well.

4RETECH Jan 10, 2013 08:57 PM

STM is good. I wouldn't worry. I would take the holidays into consideration.

You will get your stuff.

evolgrl Jan 10, 2013 09:05 PM

Delt with them from the start they are the best... I am sure they will make it good and you will be happy! LEGIT

Spoolin4g63 Jan 10, 2013 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by DueLzo (Post 10600533)
I am relatively new to this forum - a real noob. Read several reviews about the aftermarket parts and the pros/cons and it is quite educational for me.

After researching what I want to first put in my EvoIX GSR (RHD), I made an international order to StreetTunedMotorsports back in December 29th, 2012. But I havent heard anything from them since then. I read one of the thread posted by a member in this forum about STM, although its positive, are they a real store or just another scam?

Hope i'm not offending anyone with this thread.. I just would like a valid answer cos i'm getting kinda worried that i havent heard anyting from them =(

Have you tried calling/ emailing them..?

International orders take a lot longer aswell...

Nice way to make your first post{thumbdwn}

NJ9MR Jan 10, 2013 09:26 PM

I've never had a problem ordering from their web site, or over the phone. They were very honest and professional. Good luck.

DueLzo Jan 10, 2013 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin4g63 (Post 10600579)
Have you tried calling/ emailing them..?

International orders take a lot longer aswell...

Nice way to make your first post{thumbdwn}

Before you condemn me, this is my first time ordering stuff from websites. I have only ordered stuff from ebay before and usually after contacting the seller first. Been scammed a couple times before so naturally i'd feel this way.

I have emailed them twice or three times ever since i made my order but there were no replies at all. I tried calling them up but to no avail and sometimes, the call won't even get through. The only time I had any sort of communication with them was about a month before i made my order on AIM. I talked to Gleason to discuss about the compatibility of the stuff i was ordering. Ever since then, none of the STM team has been online on AIM.

As i said i don't mean to offend anyone nor do i have the intention of riling up a non-issue. But if u were in my position, u'd seek help from this forum's experts too when there is no other way of contacting the seller.. plus i am a very long way from the United States with major time difference. I hope you can understand that... and my frustration.

All i ask is clarification.. If you guys say they are who u say they are, then I guess i'll just wait it out. I think you're right anyway - was really inconsiderate of not taking the whole holiday into account. Hopefully, they'll contact me soon.

Thanks guys.. truly appreciate the quick replies. Guess it will be in March then that I will start on my undercarriage and suspensions. {thumbdwn}

whiteEvo08Y Jan 11, 2013 04:00 AM

STM is SUPER MEGA ULTRA Legit.

Been ordering must of my build from them, I live in Canada and sometime it takes awhile to get it to me because of customs and duty and delays. So you don't have to worries. Guys at STM are number ONE {thumbup}

Just relax and you will get your parts :beer:

Gleason at STM Jan 11, 2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by DueLzo (Post 10600533)

Was it shipping Internationally ?

For International orders we typically try to send out emails pretty quick with shipping costs and options depending on the parts ordered.

Sometimes customers don't receive our emails, and if they never contact us I don't end up knowing whats going on.

I just sent you a PM!

-Brian Gleason
www.stmtuned.com

ILuvJDM Jan 11, 2013 07:46 AM

They are legit, I've ordered many parts through them

Boost_Inspired Jan 12, 2013 06:08 AM

You're in good hands man. Justin and Brian have some of the best customer service skills in our community and you will be taken care of.

Wickedwhite8 Jan 12, 2013 06:15 AM

I just got my coolant overflow from stm. They are legit and one of the best.

itsmrrizz2you Jan 12, 2013 06:26 AM

never had a issue with stm

korizmo Jan 12, 2013 07:15 AM

I've ordered the small pieces from them and a few big things. Clips/brackets oem crap. Got here super quick maybe cause I live in florida :)

VR4Babe13 Jan 12, 2013 09:17 AM

Feel free to call them, the STM family are my friends and they are all amazing people. Call up the shop and have a word with any of them if you're worried about anything they will gladly help ya out.