EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   My TRE Experience (with Jon cameo) [Merged] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/718910-my-tre-experience-jon-cameo-merged.html)

gigitalon Nov 6, 2013 08:23 PM

My TRE Experience (with Jon cameo) [Merged]

hi guy,

i need help,i send my t-case and my rear diff to tre and 2 week ago jon send me the invoice for the job. and tell me that the next day he will get me a shipping quote...but since then. nothing.

i try to call everiday and i send him 5 email since that but no answer....

did someone here know how to join him?

any help will be grateful...

thank you

TommiM Nov 6, 2013 08:32 PM

He has a reputation for being really hard to get a hold of, but he's legit. It seems like its better to try and call him.

wjamyers Nov 6, 2013 08:43 PM

I hope not. planning on one day...

1slow93turbo Nov 6, 2013 08:51 PM

I had a friend drop off his 1g trans Saturday @ TRE and Jon took it apart while he waited to see what the damage was so I can tell you he is still there. Not usre how to get a hold of him whereas I emailed him trying to send him my trans to get built but never got an answer so I went elsewhere.

RazorLab Nov 6, 2013 09:46 PM

I see things never change, I had the same problem with him about 6-7yrs ago.

He is just like that, keep trying. I know, it sucks...

blackgsx01 Nov 6, 2013 10:46 PM

Jon is a 1 man army, its just him. If he sat around answering phones all day and emails he wouldn't be able to get anything done. Just try to be patient, I know it sucks but once you get finally get your trans/tcase or diff it will be well worth it.

Kracka Nov 7, 2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab (Post 11014276)
I see things never change, I had the same problem with him about 6-7yrs ago.

He is just like that, keep trying. I know, it sucks...

No kidding. My one and only experience with him was in 2001 or 2002...never again. He may know his way around a transmission better than most, but I do not appreciate being lied to.

Nsomniac Nov 7, 2013 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by blackgsx01 (Post 11014310)
Jon is a 1 man army, its just him. If he sat around answering phones all day and emails he wouldn't be able to get anything done. Just try to be patient, I know it sucks but once you get finally get your trans/tcase or diff it will be well worth it.

This is a total cop-out. If you have so much business that you can't return phone calls or emails, you have enough money to hire a clerk. Great craftsmanship does not have to come at the cost of customer service. Not saying you were sticking up for him in any way, but I hate when vendors themselves use "too busy" as an excuse for why they didn't communicate with a customer for two weeks.

Jeff_Jeske Nov 7, 2013 10:12 AM

He does excellent work. Look at the bright side it will be like new when you get it back.

wjamyers Nov 7, 2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nsomniac (Post 11014787)
This is a total cop-out. If you have so much business that you can't return phone calls or emails, you have enough money to hire a clerk. Great craftsmanship does not have to come at the cost of customer service. Not saying you were sticking up for him in any way, but I hate when vendors themselves use "too busy" as an excuse for why they didn't communicate with a customer for two weeks.

on the other hand, if you're that busy and everyone knows it and enough people don't care such that you're backed up with work for months ... then so what? Who else's business is it? Good for you!

Nsomniac Nov 7, 2013 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by wjamyers (Post 11014949)
on the other hand, if you're that busy and everyone knows it and enough people don't care such that you're backed up with work for months ... then so what? Who else's business is it? Good for you!

That's a different story. "Everyone knows it" implies the expectation is months of wait for your product without communication. In this instance, the vendor is setting a much different expectation by telling the seller it will be shipped by a certain date, and dropping all communication thereafter despite not following through with his promise. That's not acceptable on any level.

powerdriver Nov 7, 2013 12:38 PM

Call him after hours.. that's typically the best way to get a hold of him.

wjamyers Nov 7, 2013 01:37 PM

I still want that TRE max lock... :)

Jwhalen07 Nov 7, 2013 03:04 PM

My shop is about 10 minutes away from him so I just show up at his shop when I need to talk to him. He honestly works from about 9am till about 10pm at night answering phone calls, running his CNC machine, detailing gears, ripping apart other peoples junk, ect, ect. He is by far the most intricate, intelligent, attention to detail, person I have ever met as well as the best transmission builder I have met. I will relay this message to him for ya to answer his damn phone lol.

awdboosted Nov 7, 2013 03:05 PM

Jon @ TRE is awesome. He personally builds everything himself. Which makes him unavailable a lot of the time. Keep calling and I'm sure he will respond.