EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   Bad experience with Auto Gallery Mitsubishi, Corona CA (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/751511-bad-experience-auto-gallery-mitsubishi-corona-ca.html)

Seleckt Oct 28, 2018 01:05 PM

Bad experience with Auto Gallery Mitsubishi, Corona CA

So, I brought in my '10 X to them yesterday because they seems to have pretty good reviews and various evo forums cast them in a positive light. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume this was an honest mistake, but it seems a whole lot like fraud to me. Long story short, I had just bought my Evo and brought it in for an inspection and it's first maintenance in who knows how long. There were two issues I wanted looked at though in particular.

A) The AYC pump had air in it and needed to be bled. The fluid level dipped below minimum when up to temperature.
B) There was a very small oil leak coming from my oil cooler area.

The AYC pump was never bled. The ACD pump was bled instead. Now I don't know how it works exactly, I know they use the Mut3 tool and from what I've heard it bleeds all the systems. I don't know if they forgot to fill the reservoir up again and it immediately sucked in air again, or they just never did it. But I still have the same issue and it needs to go in and get bled. Again. They also wanted to charge me $1,000 to change the oil cooler lines, but would need to wait until they got the part in. Brought it home and haven't touched it until this morning.

But the major issue is this; the very minor oil leak had turned into a massive oil dump and the car is no longer driveable. The week prior to bringing it in, I avoided driving it because I wasn't 100% sure how bad the oil leak was. I did however have it idle up to operating temperature in my driveway to see how much leaked. over the course of that week, it leaked maybe 10ml of oil onto the driveway being started, idling up to operating temperature, then being turned off again. Nothing major at all, but something I wanted fixed.
This morning however, I turned it on and let it idle for less than a minute before I went to check on it again. I sprayed about 1/3rd a quart onto the driveway before turning it off. Obviously, this isn't able to be driven anywhere. Now, it has to be towed back to the dealer 45 miles away to have them fix whatever they broke.

I don't know what the **** they did, but I went from a minor annoyance to a major issue, and waited 10 hours in the waiting room and was charged $800 for the privilege of doing so, with the added bonus of wanting to be charged an extra $1,000 once they got the part in.
I want to assume this was a mistake. But it really does seem to me like they deliberately made the problem worse to pry an extra $1,000 out of me.

God knows how much oil I lost on the drive back.

Seleckt Oct 29, 2018 07:40 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...c41ac18b5a.jpg
One week of idling up to operating temperature every day
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...44ecaae881.jpg
30 seconds of idle after the dealer touched it.

Seleckt Oct 31, 2018 06:19 PM

Update: I had a chance to at the cooler after they touched it. I am absolutely convinced they intentionally exacerbated the problem to get me to pay them the $1,000 fix. The nut holding the sender line was hand loose. Tightened it back up and the problem is solved.

MinusPrevious Oct 31, 2018 06:39 PM

Sorry to hear that (glad you found the issue & corrected)

I just had my airbag recall done after waiting for years to get it done (was not looking fwd to it)

Ended up having South Coast Mitsu do the job & I can say the mechanic did a flawless job of removing the dash

Years ago, So Coast was the premier EvO dealer.

A dealer to consider is South Coast

Seleckt Oct 31, 2018 07:38 PM

I'll check them out Saturday, my ayc still needs to be bled. Thanks for the recommendation

MinusPrevious Oct 31, 2018 07:46 PM

If you do call them, ask for Darin in Service. He's a senior service guy w/South Coast. Tell him what happened & ask about their mechanical experience w/the 10 AYC component before you commit to having them do it

G20 Nov 8, 2018 08:31 AM

Why don't you bring it to RRE, Tuning Tech (in Colton)...? That's a sh1tty job and could end up more worse.

Biggiesacks Nov 8, 2018 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Seleckt (Post 11846712)
Update: I had a chance to at the cooler after they touched it. I am absolutely convinced they intentionally exacerbated the problem to get me to pay them the $1,000 fix. The nut holding the sender line was hand loose. Tightened it back up and the problem is solved.

They jiffy lubed you.