EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vishnu Performance - California (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vishnu-performance-california-85/)
-   -   Want me to add in Launch Control? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vishnu-performance-california/151888-want-me-add-launch-control.html)

shiv@vishnu Aug 3, 2005 09:36 AM

Want me to add in Launch Control?

If so, just zip your map and post it up in this thread and I'll add the launch control map in and post it back up. You can adjust the launch/nls rev limit yourself. I'll just set it to 6000rpm as a default.

Shiv

93civEJ1 Aug 3, 2005 09:45 AM

what if we want to just do it ourselfs? Do you have a regular pump gas template with the launch control thrown in? I have to update to V3 yet, but am about to tackle it. So it would be easy for me to just have that template to add the data to.

Also, what is the difference between the fuel threshold table?, and the regular fuel table?

Jaylenospoolboy Aug 3, 2005 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
If so, just zip your map and post it up in this thread and I'll add the launch control map in and post it back up. You can adjust the launch/nls rev limit yourself. I'll just set it to 6000rpm as a default.

Shiv

Thanks Shiv! :)

EvoTio Aug 3, 2005 10:35 AM

Shiv, can you please add the launch control map to the S.M.A.R.T. maps that you will be sending to me from the Tuning Technologies Dyno session? I would like the launch control map in both the 91 octane water injection map and the Race Gas map. I also need the wire to activate the launch control. Thank you.

Joe

93civEJ1 Aug 3, 2005 10:42 AM

It was be awesome to just have a Standard Smart Pumpgas Template like the one from http://www.vishnutuning.com/secret but with the launch control added. Hopefully before this evening... I plan to try to tackle this stuff finally.

gsujeff55 Aug 3, 2005 11:29 AM

dood, just do the template, without the launch control....then post your maps up here, and shiv will add launch control for you. He did it for me last night in less than 1 minute.

EvoSam Aug 3, 2005 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
dood, just do the template, without the launch control....then post your maps up here, and shiv will add launch control for you. He did it for me last night in less than 1 minute.

Dood, but what if you want to be able to change the launch rpm while at the track to find the best performance for track conditions? Nothing wrong with wanting that ability too.

Sam

shiv@vishnu Aug 3, 2005 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
It was be awesome to just have a Standard Smart Pumpgas Template like the one from http://www.vishnutuning.com/secret but with the launch control added. Hopefully before this evening... I plan to try to tackle this stuff finally.

Okay. Should be up in a few minutes...

shiv

93civEJ1 Aug 3, 2005 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Okay. Should be up in a few minutes...

shiv

excellent....That would be super! {thumbup}

Dustin@Vishnu Aug 3, 2005 11:53 AM

Shiv is just going to set up the table, and set it to 6k to start with. You will be able to move that rev limiter up and down with Xmap.

Originally Posted by EvoSam
Dood, but what if you want to be able to change the launch rpm while at the track to find the best performance for track conditions? Nothing wrong with wanting that ability too.

Sam

gsujeff55 Aug 3, 2005 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by EvoSam

Sam

i have the ability to, as would you if he added the TABLE to your xmap map. He doesn't set your map at a MUST LAUNCH AT level....its adjustable.

and Shiv, or Dustin....to update the firmware, do i still follow the original instructions you guys gave months back? If so, how do i incorporate the new xcode file in the secret folder????

93civEJ1 Aug 3, 2005 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
i have the ability to, as would you if he added the TABLE to your xmap map. He doesn't set your map at a MUST LAUNCH AT level....its adjustable.

and Shiv, or Dustin....to update the firmware, do i still follow the original instructions you guys gave months back? If so, how do i incorporate the new xcode file in the secret folder????

sweet, he uploaded it...... now no one should have to send in there maps, now they can key it into the new template beforehand during the update :thumbup:

Dustin@Vishnu Aug 3, 2005 12:02 PM

The firmware update is pretty much the same, as documented in the install instructions. I am working on compiling all of the instructions: hardware and software, to create one super jammy instruction.

David@Vishnu Aug 3, 2005 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu
The firmware update is pretty much the same, as documented in the install instructions. I am working on compiling all of the instructions: hardware and software, to create one super jammy instruction.

Please Gawd dont use Super Jammy mate {OMG} ;) Hope you doing good Ole Dustone

93civEJ1 Aug 3, 2005 12:43 PM

ok..now that we are getting launch control.....will we know how to invoke it when we want to use it? I mean what will cause it to turn off and on?