EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vishnu Performance - California (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vishnu-performance-california-85/)
-   -   Dyno Plot of a V400 Evo IX (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vishnu-performance-california/217975-dyno-plot-v400-evo-ix.html)

justlooking Aug 16, 2006 03:46 PM

Dyno Plot of a V400 Evo IX

I'm getting my evo soon and am thinking about about sending the ECU to Vishnu after break-in. I would like to see a dyno plot of a stock car vs a V400 car. I just want to look at the torque curve and get an idea of what to expect. I searched, but haven't been able to find one, thanks.
Erik

Vishnu_Evo8 Aug 16, 2006 03:50 PM

im sure someone has one and will post it up.. but stock cars make 225-230 whp and once flashed an otherwise stock car will make 270+ (on 91oct)

justlooking Aug 16, 2006 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vishnu_Evo8
im sure someone has one and will post it up.. but stock cars make 225-230 whp and once flashed an otherwise stock car will make 270+ (on 91oct)

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that in another post. I was just hoping to get a look at a dyno plot. I guess I would want a tune for 92 as that is the gas we have here in Oregon. Also, how much more are these pieces "The free flowing Down-Pipe and High Flow Catalyst greatly reduces performance-robbing exhaust back-pressure." worth, over just the flash?
Erik

RenoEvo Aug 16, 2006 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by justlooking
Thanks. Yeah, I saw that in another post. I was just hoping to get a look at a dyno plot. I guess I would want a tune for 92 as that is the gas we have here in Oregon. Also, how much more are these pieces "The free flowing Down-Pipe and High Flow Catalyst greatly reduces performance-robbing exhaust back-pressure." worth, over just the flash?
Erik

lol, a downpipe and hi flo cat are exhaust components. When combined with a catback exhaust you have a complete turboback exhaust system. This is good for another 20-30whp on a tuned evo

justlooking Aug 16, 2006 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by RenoEvo
lol, a downpipe and hi flo cat are exhaust components. When combined with a catback exhaust you have a complete turboback exhaust system. This is good for another 20-30whp on a tuned evo

I'm a noob so maybe I said something funny!! :D I was quoting from the web page and wanted to know the difference between the stage 1 380 kit vs 400 kit. The only difference I saw were those two exhaust pieces.

Terry S Aug 16, 2006 04:17 PM

I'm a noob so maybe I said something funny!! :D I was quoting from the web page and wanted to know the difference between the stage 1 380 kit vs 400 kit. The only difference I saw were those two exhaust pieces.

The correct v400 page is here: http://www.vishnutuning.com/evoIX_Stage1_v400.htm

I think you may have been looking at the v330 page (which is what you are taken to when you click on the "next stage" link at the bottom of the v380 page)

Terry S

Halo Aug 16, 2006 06:51 PM

Man, the IX power is so great with simple mods. It still surprises me.

dayf Aug 17, 2006 07:22 AM

Yeah it's a full turbo back exhaust that is added. If you do some digging in the vishnu forum for dyno days, you'll find a lot of examples. One of the things that stood out the most to me on the graphs was the huge increase in wheel torque at about 3200rpm on the "v400".

justlooking Aug 17, 2006 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by dayf
Yeah it's a full turbo back exhaust that is added. If you do some digging in the vishnu forum for dyno days, you'll find a lot of examples.

I would of thougth that to be true. I would have figure if it was so easy to find one, one would have been posted soon, but so far no luck. The search continues...

dayf Aug 17, 2006 11:52 AM

I would of thougth that to be true. I would have figure if it was so easy to find one, one would have been posted soon, but so far no luck. The search continues...

I just looked and I guess the images of dyno graphs don't have valid links anymore. I saved them from a while back and can email you them. Just send a PM with your email.

res04 Aug 18, 2006 01:05 PM

expect a grin from ear to ear. dooo it. Best money I spent on the Evo and best drive back to LA afterwards :)

justlooking Aug 18, 2006 05:12 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but stay with me as i'm a n00b. If I decide to get my ecu flashed can I take it to a place like horsepowerfreaks and have them do a custom tune? Can they custom tune with the xede piggy back?
Thanks.

deddie Aug 18, 2006 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by res04
expect a grin from ear to ear. dooo it. Best money I spent on the Evo and best drive back to LA afterwards :)

+1 - except my fun ride was back to Sacramento.

Evo_Jay Aug 18, 2006 08:26 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but stay with me as i'm a n00b. If I decide to get my ecu flashed can I take it to a place like horsepowerfreaks and have them do a custom tune? Can they custom tune with the xede piggy back?
Thanks.

if you get a ECUtek flash from Vishnu, then your ECU is locked and can't be tuned anymore, unless by a ECUtek dealer.

You could get a flash from vishnu using ECUFlash, then you or any other tuners would be able to tune your car (with the cable and software).

HP should be able to tune using a XEDE. An XEDE is a great piggyback that is easy to understand and make changes. If HP can tune most piggyback and standalone system, they could probably tune using an XEDE. (cept on a IX theres MIVEC and it takes some tning knowledge to get great gains from it)

By the way, are you gettin rid of the S2K and getting a IX?? just askin, I love my S2K and my IX.

cubicleslave Aug 19, 2006 10:09 AM

Another noob from Oregon

I am in Oregon too (Portland). Does anyone know of any upcoming dyno day here? How many Evo owners in this forum are also from Oregon? Also, what kinds of things make sense to do with a flash? TBE? MBC? IC piping? I read in another thread that the Evo IX MR (my car) has a low-boost problem. Will a flash take care of that, or would the MBC still be required? Sorry for these beginner questions, but I guess I'm in the running for the Mr. Noob Oregon contest...