Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

My Evo VIII RS Aquamist HSF-1 Install :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Evo VIII RS Aquamist HSF-1 Install :)

I bought the kit for myself for christmas and just got around to getting it installed, damn cold had me sick for a few weeks...anyway I'll start with some photos

LoL my little drawing when I was trying to figure out where I wanted stuff etc..

aaaaaaaah the kit & all the other wire loom etc.. I got

I wanted to put my gauge somewhere besides my steering column because I already have two 60mm defi's and I have an RS so I don't have anything in this spot but two dead buttons

this is what I rigged up so I could come back to wiring the junction box and so I could take the car to work and back, the gray wire is phone cord that goes to the valentine 1 after looking at these pictures I see I need to get black

The red wire here going to the ecu is supposed to have a 3amp inline fuse and was mia so I had to grab one

In the engine bay I tried to route everything away from heat and covered the lines with wire loom so you can't really see the install too much

I zipptied the junction box up so If I need to pull it out its easy, take out glovebox and snip a ziptie. I also ended up wrapping all the wires in wire loom there too

See all tucked away and the other cable you see inside glovebox is just my tacktrix cable

Now to the trunk

I'm using the stock washer reservoir and I took the rubber off the stock motor and put it on the end where the line is coming out and where I put the float sensor I ended up trimming down one of the rubbers and cutting one to make a rubber washer because the tank must've been thiner at that point?

Some methonal I picked up from my buddy's dad who has injection on his 350z, its got blue tint to it hehe perfect for the stock washer reservoir

I'm trying to figure out where to mount the pump

Just get a permanent marker and color the rubber ends and push up to get your drill points

End result right here

easiest way to do all the wiring from trunk forward is take out the bottom half of the back seat and with running it thru the cabin and to the engine bay make sure you have a trusty wire hanger or something to help you pull wire. I used a hanger to help me pull the wire from the gauge & dimmer to the glovebox too

I've got more pictures at home of more wiring etc.. if anyone wants to see anything or needs anything for reference. I'm also thinking of using some sheet metal to make a little box around the pump and I've already got some sheet metal at home so I'll update with pictures if/when I do so.

When planning out your install see where everything goes so you dont have to backtrack and route/pull wires in the same place more then once..I had to do that once or twice On my kit it didn't have a two core wire (blue/red) thats supposed to go from junction box to the 3 prong solenoid on the inline valve in engine bay so I grabbed some blue/red wire to run myself.

this was a first for me, I did this all by myself with just little help in the trunk from my roommate so if I can do it you can too

Today I will grab some distiled water and do all the checks and start using it and Friday It's going on the dyno

On a side note I need a damn mac valve for the failsafe does anyone have one I could purchase ?? Pleaaaaaaaaase haha if so just let me know

Here's some random pictures that I found on my usb drive

I ended up re mounting the pump on the trunk floor next to the resivor (july 08)

Last edited by wesside; May 5, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice pics!! gl on the setup can't wait to see some numbers
Old Feb 4, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Personally, I'd put the pump below the fluid reservoir...and that "blue tint" methanol is most likely wiper fluid :P.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Nice kit.What kind of stereo deck is that?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Personally, I'd put the pump below the fluid reservoir...and that "blue tint" methanol is most likely wiper fluid :P.
I could always relocate the pump I just travel alot and wanted to try to keep it out of the way. We can pretend the methonal is wiper fluid

Originally Posted by eponti
Nice kit.What kind of stereo deck is that?
some older kenwood its prob a few years old, my bro-inlaw gave me I need to get a face plate for it and the gauges above the ac controls are not hooked up I'm going to put a center speaker there
Old Feb 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

looking great so far...

Keep up the good work. Test run soon?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Injecting 100% apple juice............so were doing BIO injection now, OK I'm down for seeing the results
Old Feb 4, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by inco9nito99
+1
Old Feb 4, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justboosted02
+1
ok ok I might move the pump down a little lower but I'll wait till I get a bigger tank I just travel alot and was trying to keep things out of the way of luggage or whatever
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

So Friday got the car on the dyno, turned on the aquamist and twisted the boost knob as much as it would go made 385whp and cracked the manifold.. car is over 400whp just sucks manifold cracked and well had to call it a day I'm going to throw the stocker on after I have it ported and tapped for egt. The car just pulls like crazy and I had to change my spring on the bov cuz it was dumping when it would peak

I've got some video on my camcorder I'll have to edit & make a vid when I have some free time

Aquamist FTW

EDIT:better picture of the DDS3 Gauge

Last edited by wesside; Apr 23, 2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wesside
I've got more pictures at home of more wiring etc.. if anyone wants to see anything or needs anything for reference. I'm also thinking of using some sheet metal to make a little box around the pump and I've already got some sheet metal at home so I'll update with pictures if/when I do so.

Aquamist FTW
Please send me some wiring pics if that's ok. Email
Old Apr 16, 2008, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boricua_Evo
Please send me some wiring pics if that's ok. Email
yea I'll see if I have anymore photos on my laptop tomorrow

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...e514/alky_kit/

guest pw cfts

I got busy doing the install all by myself and tried to remember to take photos only help I had was my friend holind the pump while it got mounted. I can take some pictures of the failsafe solenoid (3way mac valve) too if ya need to see where I placed it

Last edited by wesside; Apr 16, 2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

wesside, could you please take those pics of the mac valve - how you mounted and placed it?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
wesside, could you please take those pics of the mac valve - how you mounted and placed it?
Sure man I just barely moved so I'll take a picture with my cell phone hey its 2 mega pixel at least. I'll post up a few pictures around lunch time
Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ok took some pictures

Lines coming to mbc you tab into for the mac valve

I haven't seen anyone else's placement for mac valve and figured everyone most likely placed on firewall but I placed my mac valve under strut bar

Quick Reply: My Evo VIII RS Aquamist HSF-1 Install :)