EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide-173/)
-   -   Nitrous? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide/536748-nitrous.html)

invisiblevision Jan 28, 2011 06:44 PM

Nitrous?

Kind of off topic but couldn't really find anywhere else to post... So, i'm thinking about adding a dry Nitrous system to my EVO 8.

Is there anything i should know about that would stop me from doing this? Any mechanical reason why no one seems to put NO on Evo's?

Also, anyone have any experience with a nitrous intercooler kit? This has also crossed my mind. I hear it adds quite a bit of HP in the range of 20+?

Thanks.

Aaron20 Jan 28, 2011 06:55 PM

I put a wet shot on my first Evo 8 and it worked well. The things you need to think about is...

1. Air Fuel ratio needs to be correct (11.2-11.4)
2. why a dry shot and not a wet shot
3. don't do more then a 75 shot without a good tune (still your A/F ratio needs to be correct)
4. Evo's seem to love NOS
5. Most people dont run NOS because they would rather upgrade the turbo,cams,IC...

Thats just my knowledge of the subject. hope this helps

the other Aaron

invisiblevision Jan 28, 2011 07:08 PM

You know what's funny Aaron? I totally know who you are. I used to have the red NSX on Whidbey.

Aaron20 Jan 28, 2011 07:09 PM

Nice! I know who u are to, hi! how r u?

invisiblevision Jan 28, 2011 07:12 PM

Fantastic! It's been a while. I got rid of the NSX. Ended up selling it to COZ Motorsports... It's now their new widebody time-attack car sponsored by Volk/Rays. Also, i'm totally in Iraq lol. I'm ordering **** tons of parts or the car so i can mess arond with it when i get back in May. How have you been?

Aaron20 Jan 28, 2011 07:20 PM

I've been good! I'm out of the Navy now and working as a CIV. It's different being a CIV and it's a hard ajustment! Hows IRAQ treating u?

MEANWHILE BACK ON TOPIC::lol:
I recommend a wet shot of NOS if your going to run NOS.

invisiblevision Jan 28, 2011 07:33 PM

Iraq Sucks a D.

But yeah, back on topic: I was mostly thinking dry due to the simplicity of install. Does having an aftermarket intake manifold change anything? I have a Magnus.

Aaron20 Jan 28, 2011 07:49 PM

Not really, u install the nozzle into the UICP. just make sure that it aims right into the intake manifold for best performance. Also get a kit specifically for a turbo car because they come with a nut u put on the UICP to thread the nozzle into. That will prevent the boost pressure from blowing it out. Some people say that if u thread it in good enough u dont need the nut but I say why take the chance!

You didn't really have to go back to on topic I just really wanted to say MEANWHILE!:lol:

invisiblevision Jan 28, 2011 10:01 PM

That sounds fairly easy. I might have to go with that.

Have you had any experience with nitrous intercooler sprayers? That is sort of my other thought. I already have the bottle and mount on order. Just need to decide between my three options for use... haha

Wet?
Dry?
Intercooler Sprayer?

Decsions Decisions...

ETS Michael Jan 31, 2011 10:40 AM

Wet kit :)

browningderek Jan 31, 2011 12:52 PM

got an already setup one for sale.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-complete.html

TakaseEVOIXSE Jan 31, 2011 01:46 PM

wet kit...
and the shop that built my evo did a 60shot wet kit on my friend's HTA86 built 2.0l evo8 and its a monster on the highway, lol.

added about 100whp from the 60shot jetting using C16 and 40psi on his hta86.
Once it sprayed at 4500rpm = instant boost, no lag... it was ridiculous. The evo took it so well, he has it spraying all the way to 9krpm.

BUT one thing i do recommend... have your EMS control it. His is controlled by the AEM EMS. It has activation parameters governed by vehicle speed, TPS, RPM, etc... plus it will switch to a nitrous alt map that retards timing and/or adjust fuel against your existing tune.

I actually will run nitrous later this year once i get my car dialed in at the track on just boost.

ch1215g Jan 31, 2011 01:52 PM

how much is nitrous anyways and where would you buy it lol?

420a-t Jan 31, 2011 07:33 PM

Ive done a dry kit before just for spool and that would be the only reason I would ever use a dry kit.

Aaron20 Jan 31, 2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblevision (Post 9030438)
That sounds fairly easy. I might have to go with that.

Have you had any experience with nitrous intercooler sprayers? That is sort of my other thought. I already have the bottle and mount on order. Just need to decide between my three options for use... haha

Wet?
Dry?
Intercooler Sprayer?

Decsions Decisions...

I haven't done the IC sprayer but a friend did it with a CRYO Kit and it lowered his air temp some but no where near what NOS can do for you! I would go with a WET Kit myself! It's way better on the car and u get more out of it.:thumbup: