Notices
Welding & Fabrication Talk about anything related to welding & fabrication.

Fast_Freddie's crack at double pumper fab

Old Dec 26, 2013, 02:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 88 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by pita92awd View Post
Do any of you guys retain the low fuel light wire/ground?
It's not a low fuel wire. As best I can tell, it's just an additional ground.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved this thread. Anyone using 3/8'' hose till the stock fuel lines? Cannot seem to find a SS "Y" in 3/8''
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:13 PM

I know this is an old post but i built my own dbl pumper and im having a ton of issues.Fuel cut and im blowing off the stock lines. I am using the stock housing and lines. 2 65c dw pumps. I have a stock fpr. 15lbs hob switch to control when the 2nd pump kicks on. When i first put the dbl pumper in fired it off worked till i boosted and kicked off the stock return line on top of the fuel sending unit. Put and extra worm drive clamp on it and all was well till i noticed when im low on fuel it cuts out hard when under boost. If i stay in it the breaking up eventually stops. The boost level required to get it to break up various.

I pulled the sending unit out again today an noticed I never drilled out the plastic piece for the siphon to work. Drilled it out to 1/8 also noticed it blew off the corrugated hose on bottom of the return(where it connects to the plastic valve piece whatever it is called) Fixed all of that got it running again fuel still cuts out when low(probably because i had to hack of the housing to fit both pumps. Still blowing off fuel lines now they are under the hood. Placed a worm drive clamp on the bottom of the fpr and car is still running like crap.

Any ideas to why im blowing off fuel lines? or why im fuel cutting?(think i may need to make the pumps sit lower in the tank.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 09:45 AM

Also bringing this thread back from the dead. So I pretty much made my dp setup identical to the OP's with minor differences. Ran the factory wiring for the primary pump and went the hobbs switch route for the secondary. Note: I don't have a fuse on the secondary's power line at the moment but will be putting one on shortly.

Now to the issue....

So we plumbed all the lines (running 3/8 line all the way) and wired everything up, started the car, everything is good. Drove the car from out of the bay and onto the dyno, began scaling and whatnot, made my first pass and then turned the car off to log data. When I went to start the car again it wouldn't fire up and I couldn't hear my primary pump come on at all. So I pulled the primary and swapped it with a pump I KNOW worked and the car fired up. We then made a second pass, turned the car off...wouldn't start after that. I have no idea what's causing this. I'm pretty sure the second pump is kicking on cause my AFR's were flat lined all the way across the powerband at 10.0 without any tuning (just a base pull with very low boost). Any ideas?? Again, we retained the factory wiring setup for the primary pump. Fuel relay at all? I don't think not having a relay/fuse in line with the secondary pump would cause it to not start after making a pass, but I'm seriously stumped.

HELP ME!!!!
Old May 19, 2016, 09:13 PM

Hey, going over my old posts and I realize I kinda left this at a cliff hanger for those (if any) that were interested. I found the issue was the ground wire that is connected to the housing had a faulty connection and burned out the pumps due to intermittent contact. Fixed that and now runs perfectly. Thanks for the DIY Freddie!!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could anyone tell me the stuff I need to make the Y section