Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

August 30th Car Cruise and Bonfire (Huntington Beach)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
August 30th Car Cruise and Bonfire (Huntington Beach)

Hey guys,

We had so much fun on our Angeles Crest Cruise, that we're organizing another event at the end of this month on Saturday, August 30th.

The plan is to take this route through OC and out to the ocean and then cruise back up PCH to Huntington Beach(admission is $10) where we are going to have a bonfire. We are planning on arriving at the beach at 5:00p.m. We'll lock down the pits and bring the wood, but you'll need to bring your own goodies. We'll try to provide some community goodies, but don't count on it being enough :secret2:

Here is a link to the event on our calendar, and here is a link to the discussion thread. I am the contact for this event, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to give me a call at 714-322-2324 or shoot me an email at SeanPlunk@gmail.com and I'll get back to you. If you want to let me know you're coming, add your name to the thread or put your name on the event calender here. Please feel free to bring family members, friends, etc. The run won't be too long and the bonfire should give everyone a nice chance to relax and hang out for a while. It should be a wide variety of cars and will be a good time. Everyone is invited, see you out there

Sean
Old Aug 18, 2008, 06:27 PM

Can any of you Evo guys make it, should be a fun drive
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:13 PM

Just to clarify too, (I've gotten some questions on this) this is not a model specific meet. We just wanted to organize some events in the area for our fledgling site (www.motorgen.com) where everyone could come and hang out with other car enthusiasts in the area. So far for this meet I think we're going to have Camaros, Mustangs, Cobras, GTO's, Vette's, TurboBuicks, hopefully some Supras, 350z's, SRT4's, other Mopar, some motorcycles - really a little of everything. The last cruise was a lot of fun with lots of different cars, and this one will really be laid back and it should be beautiful at the beach. If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks to everyone
Old Aug 24, 2008, 06:48 PM

TTT - one week heads up for this. I want to let everyone know that we're aware the beach will be very busy and we're going to have people there when it opens to make sure we get a pit. If anyone has any input or questions on anything, please post it here.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:50 PM

Alright guys, last post for this, I PROMISE. Here is the way it's going to work Saturday:

We are meeting at Yorba Regional Park at the dirt softball field areas. Here is a link to the Google Map. We are meeting at the field between 2 and 3 P.M. to hang out for a little while. Make sure to go to the field area, and not actually into the park. If you go into the park, they charge you for it.

When we depart the park, here is the route we're taking for the cruise. The cruise should be nice and mellow and last roughly 2 hours. At that point, we will be heading to Huntington Beach.

We(the organizers) are going to be at the beach at 6 A.M. when it opens to make sure we get pits. We are planning on being at a pit near the Brookhurst and PCH entrance to the beach (admission is $12). We are planning on getting to the beach right at 5 P.M for the cruise part of things. A rough map of the area can be found here.

We are going to be bringing some food and drinks (water, chips, etc) and also are bringing cooking grates for people to cook food on. Please bring whatever main dish you would like to have. The grates should be good for burgers, steaks, chicken, hotdogs, of whatever else you guys bring.

If anyone has any questions, please go to the site (www.motorgen.com) and post in the thread in the California section, give me a call on my cell phone (714-322-2324), or shoot me an email (SeanPlunk@gmail.com). Otherwise, I'll see you guys out there
Old Sep 2, 2008, 08:17 AM

Anyone have pics or feed back on this cruise/meet??

Did anyone from this cruise meet up before at autobacs as well??