Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Play in the canyons of So Cal?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Play in the canyons of So Cal?

I'm looking for people that would like to take a cruise up to some local canyons in So Cal. Angeles Crest, Ortega, Muhulland, Palomar or others. Nothing "risk your life or somebody else's" crazy. Just instead of meeting in a parking lot staring at parked Evos, we do with them what we got them for DRIVE!

It was always cool when we had a dozen or so motorcycles that got together for some canyon runs I thought we could try it with the cars.

PM me if interested or if you know of a group that already does it. We can put something together. I'm in Irvine.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm, you might have better chances to ask around in socalevo.net. I know there are a few guys that drive around all those canyons once in a while. Im near Muhulland. Angeles crest is pretty badass, but loaded with cops... GMR is pretty nice too
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, I did that as well and found a bunch of guys there who are up for it. They actually already have a ride planned next Saturday at Ortega. I'm pretty close to Ortega. I love Angels Crest though. It's a longer drive and the turns aren't the kind that will surprise you. I did Mullhand on the bike a few times and some of the turns come upon you or end up being sharper than expected.

I have been pretty lucky. Been playing in the canyons on and off for about 20 years on motorcycles and have yet to get pulled over. Have seen my fair share of crashes though. Cops are a problem but the bikers are pretty good about giving you warning if you pay attention to thier hand signals. I'm not 20 something and think I can't be killed anymore. I'm 42 and death is real to me now so I'm not going to be getting crazy like I use to. Save that for track days. I do think back to my younger years racing bikes through those canyons and wonder what the heck I was thinking and how am I even here to type this. it really is amazing most males even make it past thier 20's. I truly thought I couldn't be hurt or killed, like I was damn superman or something.

Originally Posted by chinoxmk22
hmmm, you might have better chances to ask around in socalevo.net. I know there are a few guys that drive around all those canyons once in a while. Im near Muhulland. Angeles crest is pretty badass, but loaded with cops... GMR is pretty nice too
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

BTW where is GMR?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try Little Tujunga Canyon. My sister lives close by and every time I go there I drive that canyon. It's a lot of winding roads and hairpins. Keep in mind that there's residential in some areas so be respectful to them and stay in your lane, there's a lot of blind corners

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/LittleTujungaRd.htm
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Uscbryan
BTW where is GMR?
GMR is on the way to Mt. Baldy it connects Baldy road to Glendora. It's a really fun, technical drive. I do it all the time cause I live like 10 minutes away.