Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Hawaii Motorsports/Upcoming Events

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Z Madness
Sounds good. I will be on r-comps for the first time with the EVO (by the way, this is not Mark P.). See you there!
Oops sorry about that. Mark was the only evo X i knew in SCCA. You must be the white evo X I see in mauka. I live off Lehiwa by the middle school. I'll see u at the TNT and introduce myself.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by AtticusDemon
I registered me and my wife a few days ago. This will be her first time doing any sort of performance driving! She probably wont be able to participate regularly though because she has a busy schedule. I'm gonna try to make every event though. I'm gonna miss the one on 25 aug cause I'll be in Australia for 10 days for work.

On a side note, can anyone recommend a good autox tire that is available to pick up locally? I'm still on stock rims. (235/45/17) I've been eyeing the Hankook RS3's but I'm not sure who sells those on the island.
Ur not gonna find much on island. Just use tire rack, it only took 3 days for my R-comps to be delivered. You may want to check costco to see if they have Michelin pilot super sport in stock. If they have it get it in 245/40. I could of sworn I saw a set at the Waipio Costco, not sure what size. If ur gonna call Costco also ask if the have the Bridgestone RE-11, since they carry both Michelin & Bridgestone. If not call a Goodyear and see if they have Dunlop star specs in stock. My friend got a set at the Mililani location. It would be even better if they have the new version II. Hope that helps.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:59 PM

Atticus, as Free Ride indicated, Very limited AutoX tires available on island. Tirerack has the best price and add about $200 for shipping. Check out the tire selection. They have some older RS-3's for real cheap and closing out the Direzza Star Spec I for pretty cheap. I'm ordering a set of Direzza's ZI 265's for my dailies for under $700 before shipping. That's a steal. If you want to go R-comps, you might want to check out Hankooks as well, lowest price R-comps. Do you need a second set of rims? I got some 18x9 Rota's +30 if you want to use for a dedicated track set. Let me know.

Oh, and check out Amazon if you are a prime member, they actually do ship tires with free shipping. I think they have the 245's for about $1g with free shipping. I know a couple of guys that actually received their tires this way so it works. Just limited sizes and has to be through Amazon direct. Good luck.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 04:51 AM

Cool, thanks for the good info guys.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by free ride
Oops sorry about that. Mark was the only evo X i knew in SCCA. You must be the white evo X I see in mauka. I live off Lehiwa by the middle school. I'll see u at the TNT and introduce myself.
Yup, that's probably me. Im a few streets up from Lehiwa. Yours is silver? I also drive a Dark Gray Metalic 08 STi sometimes. I think i saw you earlier this week. My cars are easy to spot as they all have the SCCA RallyCross banners on the windshield (for advertising while we get our RallyCross group built). See you at TNT.

Oh, and Paco is going back to his Integra. Too bad as he was really fast in his Stock Evo trim.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 12:51 PM

Cool, thanks for the good info guys.
Let me know if you would be interested in a second set of "track" rims.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:06 PM

TNT on Sunday! Look forward to seeing everyone there. If anyone wants to come, post up so we can get you a pit pass (although the awning is the best place to watch from). Hopefully the Mitsu's park next to each other for some pics.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 04:56 AM

ill do my best. I'm planning on getting there by 7 ish to get the insp out of the way

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by cncledout
ill do my best. I'm planning on getting there by 7 ish to get the insp out of the way

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android

In that case, everyone meet by the Ralliart!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:00 PM

It was great to meet you guys at the test and tune. It was great fun, but I was burnt out by the time my heat came. Not sure what's going on with my car but once I left the stadium it was pulling hard to the right the whole way home. Gotta check out the suspension, hopefully it will be fixed before the next race. Happy racing!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 01:58 AM

It was great to meet you guys at the test and tune. It was great fun, but I was burnt out by the time my heat came. Not sure what's going on with my car but once I left the stadium it was pulling hard to the right the whole way home. Gotta check out the suspension, hopefully it will be fixed before the next race. Happy racing!
Nice to meet you too. Damn, that's sucks, I hope it's nothing major. Do you think anything bent or just a bad bushing? Hope you can make the next one. And yes, that was a long day. We don't normally have that long of a day plus heat 1 was freaking long.

By the way, what size rims/tires are you running? Jerome is looking to change his setup but I don't think he wants to do any major rolling. If you don't mind sharing.

Glad to see all the EVO's. now we have to get a IX to show. Lol.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 09:50 PM

Nice to meet you too. Damn, that's sucks, I hope it's nothing major. Do you think anything bent or just a bad bushing? Hope you can make the next one. And yes, that was a long day. We don't normally have that long of a day plus heat 1 was freaking long.

By the way, what size rims/tires are you running? Jerome is looking to change his setup but I don't think he wants to do any major rolling. If you don't mind sharing.

Glad to see all the EVO's. now we have to get a IX to show. Lol.
I figured out what was causing my car to pull to the right, it was the upper mount bearing of my coilover was stuck. I think it was caused by too much rocks being thrown up into it by my sticky tires.
My track wheel/tire setup is 17x8 stock rim with 245/40 Kumho V710 and my daily is 18x9.5 27+ with 235/40 AD07 these are wider than the 245s. For daily setup I had to roll the rears and 10mm spacer in the front.
Jerome should buy ur Rotas as a daily and track his stock rims. Then sell those Firestone tires he has on there now.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:24 PM

I figured out what was causing my car to pull to the right, it was the upper mount bearing of my coilover was stuck. I think it was caused by too much rocks being thrown up into it by my sticky tires.
My track wheel/tire setup is 17x8 stock rim with 245/40 Kumho V710 and my daily is 18x9.5 27+ with 235/40 AD07 these are wider than the 245s. For daily setup I had to roll the rears and 10mm spacer in the front.
Jerome should buy ur Rotas as a daily and track his stock rims. Then sell those Firestone tires he has on there now.
Well, he got the Rotas. 18x9.0 +30 so maybe the rears will fit? I think he might try 255's.

Jerome, I have a "fender finisher" that can do some rolls (you can check it out on Eastwood's website). Let me know. I'm rolling my rears next weekend.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:26 AM

Well, he got the Rotas. 18x9.0 +30 so maybe the rears will fit? I think he might try 255's.

Jerome, I have a "fender finisher" that can do some rolls (you can check it out on Eastwood's website). Let me know. I'm rolling my rears next weekend.
Ah man I just ordered 255's this morning. 265's might have fit with some rolling. Oh well. Anyways, I have a heat gun if you need one when you roll yours.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:17 AM

Ah man I just ordered 255's this morning. 265's might have fit with some rolling. Oh well. Anyways, I have a heat gun if you need one when you roll yours.
Nice what tires did u get? Jerome if u do roll the rears take ur time and don't pull. If u force it u will cause a kink in he quarter panel. I learned by mistake, but its minor. Let me know if u have any questions.

Last edited by free ride; Jul 20, 2013 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Hawaii Motorsports/Upcoming Events