Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Hawaii Motorsports/Upcoming Events

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what time is it typically over? if its not to late i might show up. hopefully early enough for walk ins
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by MR_evoX
what time is it typically over? if its not to late i might show up. hopefully early enough for walk ins
You referring to AutoX? To do walk up registration, you have to be there around 8:00 a.m. If this is your first event, you will have to run in the afternoon heats (3 or 4) which generally start around 12:30 and finish around 3:30, then you can leave. Normally, you will either run the morning heats or afternoon heats. You will drive in one and work in the other. You also have to add in time to tech inspect and reg. so I generally would say if you run heat 1 or 2, plan to be there by 8:00 a.m. And can expect to be done and out of there by noon. For heat 3&4, plan to be there by 11:30 and can expect to be done by 3:30.

Again, if this is your first event, you have to do walk up reg in the morning but won't run until heat 3 or 4. They want you to be there in the morning for a course walk and general overview, watch the morning heats, then get your chance to run in the afternoon. From your second event on, you will run according to you class.

Check out sccahawaii.org for more details then let me know if you have further questions.

FYI, I am running Heat 1, working heat 2, and will probably stay all day to run fun runs after heat 4. There is another first timer that wants to ride with me in fun runs. Hope to see you there! Look for the WW X MR STU 10 or 88.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Can I register in the morning and then come back at 12?

My car is automatic and I don't think it will be fast but I'm curious to see how it does.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by markpaco
Can I register in the morning and then come back at 12?

My car is automatic and I don't think it will be fast but I'm curious to see how it does.
Yes sir. If you need to leave you can though I would suggest you stay and watch a little of the first heat to see how things go. But they'll always be people who will help.

And no worries about auto or stick. I've driven both and they are both a blast.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:40 PM

So do they take debit card or cash at the walk ups??? And how does it work if I want to bring a friend or friends that are not gonna drive??
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ruizzle13
So do they take debit card or cash at the walk ups??? And how does it work if I want to bring a friend or friends that are not gonna drive??
First off, only checks. They don't take cash or credit/debit.

If your friends are with you, they can come in to the paddock (pit area). Normally, spectators are under the awning closer to McDonalds which actually gives the best vantage point and provides shades. The pit area has no cover and also is a little harder to see the course. Generally everyone is allowed a pit person (non driving spectator). But if two come with you in the same car, should not be a problem. They just don't want too many non drivers roaming around in the pit area for safety.

Hope you consider attending. This will be the last open event until July. Let me know if you have any more questions!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Z Madness
First off, only checks. They don't take cash or credit/debit.

If your friends are with you, they can come in to the paddock (pit area). Normally, spectators are under the awning closer to McDonalds which actually gives the best vantage point and provides shades. The pit area has no cover and also is a little harder to see the course. Generally everyone is allowed a pit person (non driving spectator). But if two come with you in the same car, should not be a problem. They just don't want too many non drivers roaming around in the pit area for safety.

Hope you consider attending. This will be the last open event until July. Let me know if you have any more questions!
I want to go but I don't have checks..
Old Mar 30, 2013, 01:23 AM

I want to go but I don't have checks..
I can write a check for you but I only take cash. No debit/credit. You need weekend membership so total is like $50. Let me know ahead of time as I normally don't bring the checkbook.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 04:35 AM

I can write a check for you but I only take cash. No debit/credit. You need weekend membership so total is like $50. Let me know ahead of time as I normally don't bring the checkbook.
I will be there and I will have the cash..I really appreciate it!!
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:45 AM

I will be there and I will have the cash..I really appreciate it!!
Awesome. I'll be in the WW Evo X. Come find me and I'll take you too registration! PM your cell if you like. Thanks, D
Old Mar 30, 2013, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

I completely forgot about a helmet. My friend has a motorcycle helmet. Can I use that? If not, are there loaner helmets?

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. How many Evos are going? I saw a lot of STIs in the results. How come no Evos? They are clearly the better car.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by markpaco
I completely forgot about a helmet. My friend has a motorcycle helmet. Can I use that? If not, are there loaner helmets?

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. How many Evos are going? I saw a lot of STIs in the results. How come no Evos? They are clearly the better car.
Sorry, helmets are required and they must be Snell Rated 2005 or newer (some motorcycle helmets are DOT rated but not Snell so please double check). There are loaner helmets available too (but no head socks).

Right now looks like 3 EVO's. As for why not more, I have no idea. Pretty popular in the mainland but not here I guess. Yes, lots of Subaru's attend the events, which is why I'm trying to get more EVO's out to represent. As for the better car, I'll leave that one alone. AutoX is more about fast driving so I'd say its more driver dependent, but I love my EVO!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 02:12 AM

Sorry, helmets are required and they must be Snell Rated 2005 or newer (some motorcycle helmets are DOT rated but not Snell so please double check). There are loaner helmets available too (but no head socks).

Right now looks like 3 EVO's. As for why not more, I have no idea. Pretty popular in the mainland but not here I guess. Yes, lots of Subaru's attend the events, which is why I'm trying to get more EVO's out to represent. As for the better car, I'll leave that one alone. AutoX is more about fast driving so I'd say its more driver dependent, but I love my EVO!
Is there anything you would recommend I should bring??
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:47 AM

Is there anything you would recommend I should bring??

Definitely bring a hat (and sunscreen if you burn easily) and sunglasses. Closed toe shoes required. Bring some cool drinks in a small cooler. It gets hot out there.

If you are coming to watch, bring your own chair. Other than that, just bring your driving skills and be open to learning and you will have a blast.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:39 PM

great thread. hope to meet yall today at the stadium. 09 Orange ralliart

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android

Quick Reply: Hawaii Motorsports/Upcoming Events