Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

West region body/tuner/performance shop discussion [MERGED]

Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sev
Cobb, Road Race Engineering, Massimo Power, etc etc etc.
What's the "etc etc etc"? I want to know that part! haha

Originally Posted by Treyzian
^That.

Since it seems like you're sticking with Cobb on everything aftermarket, you might as well take it to them for maintenance.

I've always heard of Cobb and RRE and they seem to me to be the major tuning shops, because I don't know who's "bigger" than them.

I was hoping to find smaller indy shops that some of you guys may know of. Massimo is a new one that I haven't heard of, so may check them out.

Appreciate the responses!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Road Race Engineering. I consider them as the dealership for my Evo VIII, drive train fluids and 60K service. Visit the RRE sub-forum for partial list of prices and service, http://www.socalevo.net/forums/69-Road-Race-Engineering
Old Jun 26, 2014, 01:28 PM

Arizona shops and tuners

Hello All,

I just picked up a WW EVO X MR here in the Phoenix area.

What's the best EVO shops out here these days? I already have the bolt-ons and tune, but I will likely be looking for more power down the road. I did a search on here but the posts are kind of old now. I prefer to stay away from Vivid Racing, due to prior issues. I'm in the Chandler Gilbert area.

Let me know if you have any feedback from recent experiences.

Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 07:06 PM

Contact Phoung at Wingz Performance. He does most of the evos around here in AZ. He is located in Chandler. Does great work and is a really good guy. Also check out AZAWD.org
On the site you can also see many reviews for Wingz Performance in the vendor section.
Wingz is having a dyno day this Saturday the 28th over at AZ Dyno Chip. Anybody is welcome to come. You can find more info about it on AZAWD.org in the vendor section under Wingz Performance.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ralliart1
Contact Phoung at Wingz Performance. He does most of the evos around here in AZ. He is located in Chandler. Does great work and is a really good guy. Also check out AZAWD.org
On the site you can also see many reviews for Wingz Performance in the vendor section.
Wingz is having a dyno day this Saturday the 28th over at AZ Dyno Chip. Anybody is welcome to come. You can find more info about it on AZAWD.org in the vendor section under Wingz Performance.
Ok, thanks. Why is Wingz website so sucky? It doesn't even show their address or anything about them. You know the cross streets or anything?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 09:14 AM

He does it as his second job. So him and his tech do it out of his house. Located by alma school and chandler heights. He is legit though. Has done many big builds. And his prices are good.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

2nd Wignz!!!

Phuong just did my motor (2.3) and increased the boost!!! Hitting 600 now. Great dude!!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

my car is in the middle of built and I am looking for tuner in AZ too. i am worry about the tuner doesnt know how to work with sst properly.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by alsong2002
my car is in the middle of built and I am looking for tuner in AZ too. i am worry about the tuner doesnt know how to work with sst properly.
I have a ralliart with the sst. I just recently got a turbo swap and tune with Wingz and my car and sst feels great. He knows that you have to be careful with the sst and adjusts how he tunes cars with them.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ralliart1
I have a ralliart with the sst. I just recently got a turbo swap and tune with Wingz and my car and sst feels great. He knows that you have to be careful with the sst and adjusts how he tunes cars with them.
i actually saw him post your tuned result on wingz group @ facebook. are you actually running a rad or actual x turbo swap?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 03:55 PM

i actually saw him post your tuned result on wingz group @ facebook. are you actually running a rad or actual x turbo swap?
I'm running the Rad Full.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

have you considering a actual x swap with maybe upgraded x frame turbo? i will have a stocker for sale soon, my engine is getting built with a bigger turbo, so i had no need to keep the stocker.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
UMS Tuning FTW!!!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

op is having the sst, UMS not good at MR
Old Jul 11, 2014, 06:03 PM

have you considering a actual x swap with maybe upgraded x frame turbo? i will have a stocker for sale soon, my engine is getting built with a bigger turbo, so i had no need to keep the stocker.
Yeah I thought about it before I got the Rad full. I got a good deal on the rad and I wanted the same spool speed as stock, along with it still looking stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: West region body/tuner/performance shop discussion [MERGED]