EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   West Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/west-region-44/)
-   -   Has anyone had their Evo tuned by Rich at Dyno-Comp using UTEC? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/west-region/221302-has-anyone-had-their-evo-tuned-rich-dyno-comp-using-utec.html)

FastCoEVO Sep 3, 2006 12:21 PM

Has anyone had their Evo tuned by Rich at Dyno-Comp using UTEC?

Well Im thinking of buying UTEC. MOstly because I can afford it, and it has changeable maps...unlike the EcuTEK.

I wanted to know if anyone with UTEC had gone to Rich at Dynocomp and had their Evo tuned and how good were the results.

I know Rich does a good job with the EcuTEK stuf, just wanted to know if he had any experience with UTEC. Thanks!

Wolf28 Sep 3, 2006 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
Well Im thinking of buying UTEC. MOstly because I can afford it, and it has changeable maps...unlike the EcuTEK.

I wanted to know if anyone with UTEC had gone to Rich at Dynocomp and had their Evo tuned and how good were the results.

I know Rich does a good job with the EcuTEK stuf, just wanted to know if he had any experience with UTEC. Thanks!

Any reason why your are deciding not to go with ecuflash?

FastCoEVO Sep 6, 2006 06:38 PM

I wanted to be able to have different maps for race gas and pump plus i want to go big turbo later

Wolf28 Sep 7, 2006 05:59 PM

you can save different maps on your computer with ecuflash and load them whenever you want.

FastCoEVO Sep 9, 2006 02:52 PM

?? So i I have a laptop I can have Rich tune two different maps leave the race one in the computer for when i want some race gas and such and just load it into the ecu like it was a standalone or a piggy back?

After reading up on the UTEC on here I doubt i am going to go that route...and the EcuTek reflash is looking better and better by the minute

Wolf28 Sep 9, 2006 02:58 PM

Yes, with ecuflash you can save an infinite number of maps on your laptop and load any one of them any time you want using a $90 cable you can get localy from Mynes Performance. The euflash software is free from openecu, and you can even get flashes e-mailed to you from some of the vendors here for like $50-$70.

EcuTek, which you mentioned in your post, is a different beast than ecuflash though.

AZ EVO IX MR Sep 9, 2006 03:11 PM

i would agree with wolf and go with the ecuflash especially if you have a laptop already. The only problem is rich will not tune with ecuflash, he only does ecutek. I spoke with him before tuning my car and he said something in the line of not being able to because he would lose his ecutek license.

might i suggest going with mynes if you do go with the ecuflash. Jay down at mynes did an awesome job on my car, conservative 91 tune 305hp at 310tq on pump and 337hp at 368tq on 104. The car runs and preforms awesome and they are local. Right off of staply and southern.

they also sell the cable and last time i checked they had them in stock

Evo IX MR Sep 9, 2006 06:47 PM

Richard at dyno comp sucks ass.

FastCoEVO Sep 9, 2006 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR

your an idiot. I dont see eye to eye with Rich on alot of things but he does a damn good job at his shop...even if he does come off like a used car salesman at times
:D

jayhawker Sep 10, 2006 07:33 AM

You're a tool.

FastCoEVO Sep 10, 2006 09:07 AM

hows about the Apexi-power Fc anyone locally using that?

awdevo2l Sep 10, 2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by FastCoEVO
hows about the Apexi-power Fc anyone locally using that?

Rich at dynocomp does

SP00LIN Sep 11, 2006 07:39 PM

Evo IX MR = tool bag!

Rich is a really good guy and he knows his stuff. There's a reason why he regularily tunes six figure cars and exotics. He can tune a Power Fc and he will tune with EcuTek. You won't ever have to worry about blowing up either.

Personally I don't like EcuTek because it is so limited with what you can do with it. I used it for a tune once, but I like the EcuFlash much better for the reasons Wolf28 pointed out.

Evo IX MR Sep 17, 2006 07:12 PM

**** you all. I know a lot of people who have had many problems with their car after he has tuned it. He also took advantage of my buddy who doesn't know much about cars just so he could make some more money. Sold him a 3.5 inch APS turboback when he has a stock turbo on his sti because it cost more. Just because I personally don't like Richard at Dynocomp for perfectly understandable reasons makes me a toolbag-----GROW UP. Oh yea my same buddy's 05 Sti w/ 3.5 inch APS turbo back, high flow cat, aps intake, aps bov, and tuned with ecutek by richard makes 275hp and 280tq to the wheels and somehow is dead even with my stock IX MR. My buddy is pissed at Richard because obviously this makes no sense at all. He's a cool guy and I am not ragging on his tuning ability I just think he's purely in it for the money and it pisses me off that my good buddy is having these issues with his car. Try to let other people have their OWN opinions about things.

SP00LIN Sep 18, 2006 12:59 AM

**** you all. I know a lot of people who have had many problems with their car after he has tuned it. He also took advantage of my buddy who doesn't know much about cars just so he could make some more money. Sold him a 3.5 inch APS turboback when he has a stock turbo on his sti because it cost more. Just because I personally don't like Richard at Dynocomp for perfectly understandable reasons makes me a toolbag-----GROW UP. Oh yea my same buddy's 05 Sti w/ 3.5 inch APS turbo back, high flow cat, aps intake, aps bov, and tuned with ecutek by richard makes 275hp and 280tq to the wheels and somehow is dead even with my stock IX MR. My buddy is pissed at Richard because obviously this makes no sense at all. He's a cool guy and I am not ragging on his tuning ability I just think he's purely in it for the money and it pisses me off that my good buddy is having these issues with his car. Try to let other people have their OWN opinions about things.

This is an opinion.

That's just a stupid comment.

As far as "your friend" running even with you, I'm afraid you're mistaken. The 06 Evo makes more power than a stock STI. On the Dynocomp Dyno Dynamics dyno most 06 Evo's make around 230 - 240 whp. You said your buddy made 275 whp.

So what "issues" are you and your buddy having? Are you saying APS doesn't make good products? Are you and he mad because he isn't making the power he hoped for? All he added was an exhaust & intake - what were you expecting? Why hasn't he got a MBC or something and upped the boost?