EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   West Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/west-region-44/)
-   -   Where are places to off raod or speed in OC? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/west-region/22883-where-places-off-raod-speed-oc.html)

Charles1 May 10, 2003 09:39 PM

Where are places to off raod or speed in OC?

Just lik it sasy where in OC can one do 180's spin outs and burn outs. Though not in a track. Call me asap 562 619 4746.

pumpdog720 May 10, 2003 09:49 PM

Woo hoo!! Prank phone call time! I don't think you should put your home phone number on a website.

Charles1 May 11, 2003 01:18 PM

oh well its a cell phone i can see who it is lol

suyfergirl May 11, 2003 07:20 PM

try the CA audobahn.... better know as toll roads

urbanknight May 12, 2003 02:45 AM

lol you boys are crazy. I think I'll stick to the paved roads and keep my bumper and sway bar in tact, thank you. :spin:

hbmike May 12, 2003 02:48 AM

police station parking lot...

Iamkar33m May 12, 2003 02:58 AM

Kara... u hit it right on the nose {thumbup}

The 241 and the 261 are AWESOME toll roads to drive on. U can drive however u like and how fast u like and the cops cant do ish about it. {devil}

The reason being is that the Toll Roads are privately owned and run, therefore government cannot enforce laws on private property. The only role of the CHP as given to em by The Toll Roads is to chase after anyone who doesnt pay the toll or doesnt have a transponder.

I took the Lancer to what I think was OVER 130 (past what the gauge can read) cuz It was a STEEP downhill and I was past the redline in 4th gear (automatic).

N e wayz, Charles was asking this cuz he wanted to do a lil offroading and stuff. I asked Brian (Urbanknight) for advice and he led us to Piuma Canyon (which is a 1.5 hour drive from OC with moderate traffic). We went onto Mulholland Dr. from Topanga Canyon and cruised on some unpaved roads. We went all the way to the yellow gate which was closed and decided to do some stunts there (burnouts, 180's and stuff). We had a TON of fun, we woulda had more if that yellow gate was open :(

I ended up with a broken perch and a bent sway bar (I have an OZ and those were stock). So i guess RRM will have a customer very soon for perches, sway bar and a K bar. {thumbup}

Charles1 May 12, 2003 03:05 AM

will post pictures tomorow

TO_Lancer May 12, 2003 12:49 PM

yo brian wheres Piuma Canyon from where we live i'm interested in checking this out sounds fun

suyfergirl May 12, 2003 03:45 PM

Kareem, you are sadly mistaken. They can give tickets for things such as speeding... who ever told you that, was misenformed.

Coolguy949 May 12, 2003 03:55 PM

Originally posted by Iamkar33m
The reason being is that the Toll Roads are privately owned and run, therefore government cannot enforce laws on private property. The only role of the CHP as given to em by The Toll Roads is to chase after anyone who doesnt pay the toll or doesnt have a transponder.
Actually, you'll probably find more cops on the toll roads than anywhere else. Most people think there is no speed law in effect on tolls roads which is exactly why cops inhabit the tolls roads like bees on a nest of honey. On the tolls roads you are bound by the same laws as the regular freeway. Some of the toll roads are now state owned BTW...however, there are some loopholes in the contract that says they cant modify then roads for years (91 freeway).

Rob

Guru_Del May 12, 2003 03:59 PM

Kara, i agree i have gotten a ticket (i was in the car not driving) and they nailed us for 95 in a 65 right at the chapman exit. went to court and lost had to pay a fine and traffic school so it is not a lawless high speed ring. beware.

Iamkar33m May 12, 2003 10:31 PM

I have been doing literally over 100 MPH almost daily on the 241 and 261 for about 2 months now... I guess im just lucky :dunno:

EDIT: Charles, when u gonna get the pics up dood? {devil}

Coolguy949 May 12, 2003 10:37 PM

241 huh.....i live in foothill ranch. You probably drive past it everyday.{thumbup}

Charles1 May 13, 2003 12:15 AM

llol sorry guys pc link broke will post later or tomorow