EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   West Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/west-region-44/)
-   -   Hawaii Motorsports/Upcoming Events (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/west-region/651299-hawaii-motorsports-upcoming-events.html)

Z Madness Mar 22, 2013 08:33 PM

Hawaii Motorsports/Upcoming Events

Aloha everyone! Just though I would try to make a separate thread to post up some events that may be of interest to Oahu residents. I have received a couple of PM's regarding AutoX and RallyX so I thought we try a separate thread.

Would also welcome outer island post of events as well. Very interested in EVO's running 1/4 mile events on the outer islands.

I know Kauai is in the planning stage of running their first AutoX event and I plan to participate in their first event when it finally happens.

Hope to see more :mitsu: out at some of these events. {thumbup}

Z Madness Mar 22, 2013 08:47 PM

SCCA Autocross - Next Events

Sunday March 31, final open event of the season.
Sunday April 14 - Run-Off's - open to those who ran 6 regular season events.

2013-2014 Season (all events on Sunday)
7/14/13
7/28/13
8/11/13
8/25/13

Events are held at Aloha Stadium lower parking lot. Check out sccahawaii.org

SCCA Rallycross - Next Events

Saturday, March 30 at Kalaeloa Raceway Park
4/20/13 at KRP
5/18/13 at KRP
6/16/13 - Father's Day RallyX - will be held a Kualoa Ranch
7/20/13 at KRP
8/17/14 at KRP

Events are generally held at Kalaeloa Raceway Park but we are having our first event at Kualoa Ranch on Father's day. More to follow. Check out sccahawaii.org

KRP Sand Drags - Next Events

4/28/13 at KRP

check out kalaeloaracewaypark.com

KRP HulaCross - Next Events

Sunday, April 21 at Kalaeoa Raceway Park (2nd event of 2013 season)

check out kalaeloaracewaypark.com

Others:

AMS Tune - July (final date to be announced). Tuning at Rads Motorsports.

SCCA is also planning a car control skills for Teens event. Will post more as information becomes available.

Z Madness Mar 22, 2013 08:56 PM

Quick Information-

AutoX
Practically any car can run. Its run on a "Class" system but I would say come out to have fun.

RallyX
RallyX track conditions have gotten much better. We have had some EVO's and a 2011 Ralliart come out to some events. Would love to see some Ralliart's come out and do their thing. We have also had new Mini Clubsports, Honda Fits, Honda Ridgelines, Suzuki's etc. Fun as heck!

Sand Drags
They do have a full tree and provide RT's, ET's, MPH's, 60 ft. times, etc. Of course, this is on Sand but at least you can launch without breaking anything. Not many cars are running but have seen BMW SUV's, a new Challenger, Camaro's, and other run. Not for slammed vehicles though or nice rims. (I run a separate set of stock rims).

HulaX
Probably not for any EVO's to run. Mostly beaters are run at these events. Old Subaru's are a blast to run. It consist of side by side racing of up to 10 cars at any time so there is a bit of "rubbing" involved.

dee_yamaha Mar 22, 2013 10:41 PM

I support this thread!!! Thanks for creating one and please keep it clean!!

Traffic Jam Car show 30 Mar -- by Streetdreamz
Slammed Society show 19 May -- by Fatlace

I think there is a car meet food drive on 30 Mar also at Podium Raceway!

Z Madness Mar 22, 2013 11:59 PM

Thanks Dee for contributing. I was speaking with Atticus at the last AutoX and we were tying to figure out how to get you to come out!

dee_yamaha Mar 23, 2013 01:23 AM

My current turbo setup is pretty laggy but i'll try it later this year or next season... looking for track rims also and when i get my oil leak fixed on my MK3.... I can run that for fun.

Any word from the State about expanding KRP? and completion of the pave track?

If you hear any rumors let us know!

LOLvtec Mar 23, 2013 01:49 AM

This sand drags where is it at?? Is it worth even going?

dee_yamaha Mar 23, 2013 11:50 AM

Kalealoa Raceway Park located near Barbers Point..... being AWD we should be fine but it depends what kind of tires you running.

Checkout their website
http://www.kalaeloaracewaypark.com/

Z Madness Mar 23, 2013 03:31 PM

}

Originally Posted by LOLvtec (Post 10723937)
This sand drags where is it at?? Is it worth even going?

As far as worth going, that's hard to say. I have a lot of fun but no, it's not like running a 1/4 mile. It's the same format but in sand. Traction is still tricky as you will spin your tires. I have both rally tires and have used winter tires and both seem to work fine. It's basically a 1st and 2nd gear run up to about 57 MPHS through the traps. The 1-2 shift is critical as the sand will penalize you if you shift slow. Track length is about 300ft. Which is pretty typical for Sand Drags across the mainland.

The alky dragsters with paddle tires are still pretty cool to watch, there have been some rollovers and crashes so their is still a risk element, though they are not going over 100 mph's.

To me, I just love driving. On Oahu, we are limited. I try to participate in any form of racing available. If they had a 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile, I'll do that. If they have rally, I'll do that. Or at least ill give it a try.

I believe that the bigger the Motorsport community grows here, the better our chances of getting bigger venues!

PonoPride Mar 26, 2013 01:30 AM

I agree whole heartedly Z. now if i could just figure out how to drop my evo x seat like 2 inches so i can get a helmet on for scca lol that would be sick lol.

Z Madness Mar 26, 2013 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by PonoPride (Post 10728636)
I agree whole heartedly Z. now if i could just figure out how to drop my evo x seat like 2 inches so i can get a helmet on for scca lol that would be sick lol.

That's too bad, it's really fun. Pre-reg is closed but walk up reg is available. Anyone going?

BambiTLK Mar 28, 2013 07:27 PM

Cars & Coffee -- April 7th. I'll be there! Let me know who is coming (PM me or comment on the FH thread so we don't clutter this thread) and I will save spots so we can all park together.

What: Cars and Coffee
Where: Kakaako Piano lot, 160 Ahui Street, mountain side of the Children's Discovery Museum, enter via Ohe Street

If any questions, feel free to PM me or check out the following link: Forums Hawaii -- Cars & Coffee

markpaco Mar 28, 2013 10:19 PM

My car is stock. Can I still race? I don't want to embarass myself.

Z Madness Mar 29, 2013 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by BambiTLK (Post 10733604)
Cars & Coffee -- April 7th. I'll be there! Let me know who is coming (PM me or comment on the FH thread so we don't clutter this thread) and I will save spots so we can all park together.

What: Cars and Coffee
Where: Kakaako Piano lot, 160 Ahui Street, mountain side of the Children's Discovery Museum, enter via Ohe Street

If any questions, feel free to PM me or check out the following link: Forums Hawaii -- Cars & Coffee

I'll try to be there.

Z Madness Mar 29, 2013 12:14 AM

Of course you can come stock. In fact, that's probably the best way to try autocross.

And don't worry about embarrassing yourself. No one there is gonna say anything and in fact will be happy to help you answer any questions. Everyone is super chill and really fun. This is only my third full season and I'm still learning.

I have yet to see any participant not enjoy auto crossing. It's much more challenging than you think and you can get enjoyment just trying to improve your own times. The big hump is always participating in the first event. After that, you either get hooked or become an occasional racer. Either way, it's a great way to blow off some steam after a long week.

I encourage anyone to at least try it once. Post up any questions!