EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   WORKS - California (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/works-california-79/)
-   -   Dyno w Throttle Body, Exhale, Brain Flash please? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/works-california/32846-dyno-w-throttle-body-exhale-brain-flash-please.html)

mojo Jul 29, 2003 09:45 PM

Dyno w Throttle Body, Exhale, Brain Flash please?

Why no dyno with all three products installed? I'm very interested in your products but can only find dyno for brain flash.

QAT-R Jul 29, 2003 11:18 PM

Very true, we have heard nothing of the throttle body at all!!!

jess Jul 29, 2003 11:37 PM

I'm having all three installed at Works next Wednesday. I'll ask for a before and after dyno. My Evo is completely stock with 600 miles on it. I'm looking forward to the improvements. David states it will take aprox. 1 hr to install all three.

newevo8 Jul 30, 2003 06:12 AM

JESS,

I too am interested in your dyno sheets. Before and after is a great idea. thanks

mojo Jul 31, 2003 09:05 PM

:dunno:

N10S Jul 31, 2003 09:37 PM

I heard about 9whp for the inhale(throttle body) mod on a stock car, and 10whp for the exhale on an otherwise stock EVO. Match those two mods with a custom tuned brain re-flash (baseline of 26whp gain) and you are probably in the 40-45 whp range total combined gain.

Add a DP and race cat or test pipe and you will probably be looking at a solid reliable 55whp improvement over stock.

Alone, the 93 octane Works re-flash really transforms the cars performance, so I can only imagine what doubling that hp would feel like. The key is that if tuning expertise is applied with care, custom ECU tuning can maximize power extraction while continuing to deliver a very usable power band.

This is why the Works mod path is very attractive as a basic starting point, and also for future mods as well.

N10S

The Barst Aug 1, 2003 06:16 AM

I agree with n10s, now lets see some plots ;)

mojo Aug 1, 2003 09:49 AM

I agree that the brain flash looks great but if you were selling the other products wouldn't you at least dyno them together as a package and show consumers what it would do. I would.

I bet it's been done the products have been out for awhile.

Maybe Jess can help me out since Works doesn't seem interested in answering the question. Makes me sceptical. :confused:

Mean TT Aug 1, 2003 11:53 AM

Yeah, exactly, I can't believe that there is no information about the throttle body. It seems that all we every hear when it comes to performance is an ADVERTISEMENT for WORKS about thier products. Same thing with VIVIDRACING, when they always say that they are going to dyno thier products, yet no one ever hold them to it. I am sick and tired of empty claims, if there is a real performance gain, people need to advertise the ACTUAL GAINS, not the HYPE!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!0Z Aug 1, 2003 01:06 PM

Give WORKS a break!

It's tough getting a startup off the ground. The toughest place to launch a venture business is the Bay Area. WORKS started from scratch, right after I met Stephen and David @ CAL SLAM STAGE I, in January. Support their R&D efforts and you'll get quality mods. There is nothing wrong with hype. Look at the WORKS Evo up close. Anyone would be proud to drive their protoype. Just my $.02. I know these guys personally. They are for real.

mojo Aug 1, 2003 09:18 PM

I was just looking for info from WORKS. I'm not looking or trying to say anything negative about the WORKS products. In fact I'm so impressed with the brain flash dyno that I'm looking for more info. It seems no one from WORKS visits this place or is not interested in answering a potential customers (Evo owners) questions.

Oz I'm not asking about products in the R&D stage I'm asking about products that are already on customers cars and I assume on the WORKS car. I'm not interested in paying to be a Guinea Pig. You don't think they dyno'd the products that they are already selling? I don't believe that for a second! I'm sure Stephen and Dave are nice guys but why have a forum and not answer legitamate customer questions. If your to busy etc then why even have a forum.

If you say your product (Exhale, throttle body) gives X amount of HP you either dyno'd it and have the graph or u didn't. Come on guys this isn't hard. Sell me something.

Take Care

DavidV@WORKS Aug 1, 2003 10:06 PM

Originally posted by mojo
I was just looking for info from WORKS. I'm not looking or trying to say anything negative about the WORKS products. In fact I'm so impressed with the brain flash dyno that I'm looking for more info. It seems no one from WORKS visits this place or is not interested in answering a potential customers (Evo owners) questions.

Oz I'm not asking about products in the R&D stage I'm asking about products that are already on customers cars and I assume on the WORKS car. I'm not interested in paying to be a Guinea Pig. You don't think they dyno'd the products that they are already selling? I don't believe that for a second! I'm sure Stephen and Dave are nice guys but why have a forum and not answer legitamate customer questions. If your to busy etc then why even have a forum.

If you say your product (Exhale, throttle body) gives X amount of HP you either dyno'd it and have the graph or u didn't. Come on guys this isn't hard. Sell me something.

Take Care

We don't yet have a graph to show you these products. However, we hope to have new charts posted soon for both the Aperture and Exhale, as well as all three products together (and maybe some new products as well...) very soon. One thing is however clear -- we would never treat our customers as guinea pigs and we are as confident in our Exhale's and Aperture's ability to make power as we our with our Brain flash.

As soon as we have our dyno plots ready to post, we will put them up here in our forum for the whole world to see. In the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of our customers doesn't post here with their dyno plots. Although Exhales are just no shipping out, there are a number of Evo's out there already running the Aperture and all have reported good very favorable results.

-- DavidV :D

jansolo Aug 2, 2003 02:56 PM

Re: Give WORKS a break!

Originally posted by !!!!!!!!!!!!!0Z
It's tough getting a startup off the ground. The toughest place to launch a venture business is the Bay Area. WORKS started from scratch, right after I met Stephen and David @ CAL SLAM STAGE I, in January. Support their R&D efforts and you'll get quality mods. There is nothing wrong with hype. Look at the WORKS Evo up close. Anyone would be proud to drive their protoype. Just my $.02. I know these guys personally. They are for real.
Couple that with the fact that they are in the middle in the move to their new location, and one can understand why they are a bit too busy to answer everyones forum messages.

mojo Aug 2, 2003 06:05 PM

Thanks for the response. I'm looking forward to seeing a dyno with all three products and whatever else u develop in the future. I didn't intend to suggest that u were using customers as guinea pigs :lol: I was responding to Oz's statement. No offence intended.

Good job on the Brain Flash. I hope u can work out the Sunday showdown with Shiv. I'd really like to see that happen.

jess Aug 27, 2003 07:41 AM

dyno with a/f ratios

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my dyno done 2 days ago at ATP in Fremont, Ca. I have the Works Aperture, re-flash and Exhale. Notice the hot temps on the second graph and to top it of I drove 1.5 hrs in 100+ degrees to get there. No rest, right on the dyno. The smooth power curve is just how the car feels. The best part is above 5k.