Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Elegance and Simplicity (02 OZ)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilentCool
There are a few Lancer owners out there still rocking this gen. I'm liking that.

I think you should go a bit lower in front if possible or raise the rear. The car seems higher in front. I'm trying to see what else needs a little adjusting or tweaking but I can't quite put my finger on it - I think I get the look you're trying to achieve. Overall I think it's a cool look- it's different. I don't believe I have seen this generation Lancer with this sort of style before.

Any future plans for the car? How are the Tein Basics working out & how long did you have them?
I'd have to get smaller rims to get the car lower because the coilovers are all the way down. I think the bumpers on this generation are just really short so it makes it seem higher. i appreciate the feedback though. I was actually planning on getting some sort of bolt on lip to make the bumpers look a little bit lower and maybe one of those wink rear view mirrors, but other than that not too much planned.

EDIT: I see why you think it looks higher in the front. it's because i messed up putting the front fender flares on and they ended up being a little higher than i intended. it bugs me every time i see it but i'd have to get 2 new fenders and 2 new flares to fix it and i don't have the money or the patience right now to do it.

Last edited by Flumpy J; Mar 9, 2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Flumpy J
I'd have to get smaller rims to get the car lower because the coilovers are all the way down. I think the bumpers on this generation are just really short so it makes it seem higher. i appreciate the feedback though. I was actually planning on getting some sort of bolt on lip to make the bumpers look a little bit lower and maybe one of those wink rear view mirrors, but other than that not too much planned.

EDIT: I see why you think it looks higher in the front. it's because i messed up putting the front fender flares on and they ended up being a little higher than i intended. it bugs me every time i see it but i'd have to get 2 new fenders and 2 new flares to fix it and i don't have the money or the patience right now to do it.
I re-read my post & I felt like it came off a bit negative. My apologies, that wasn't my intention.

I understand what you're saying about the flares, it's difficult getting your ride to "that point" sometimes but with some patience & persistence it should work out. Take your time, you will get there.

Also, yesterday I seen "truthdweller's" car in person & in all honesty it looked 15 times better - it looks really good on the forums already. I'm mentioning this because it's possible what I'm seeing on here would not look the same in person.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:54 PM

I re-read my post & I felt like it came off a bit negative. My apologies, that wasn't my intention.

I understand what you're saying about the flares, it's difficult getting your ride to "that point" sometimes but with some patience & persistence it should work out. Take your time, you will get there.

Also, yesterday I seen "truthdweller's" car in person & in all honesty it looked 15 times better - it looks really good on the forums already. I'm mentioning this because it's possible what I'm seeing on here would not look the same in person.
Yeah thanks man i appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you like it.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 08:29 AM

4 months later my shift knob finally came in, but it's looking great! Again sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Whoa dude! 4 months is a long time. LOL! Did you order it from overseas or something?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:54 PM

Whoa dude! 4 months is a long time. LOL! Did you order it from overseas or something?
No it was custom made by a guy i found on facebook. He said he was really backed up with orders so taking that and the time it takes to make it into account i guess it makes sense. But yeah, it felt like an eternity.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

No it was custom made by a guy i found on facebook. He said he was really backed up with orders so taking that and the time it takes to make it into account i guess it makes sense. But yeah, it felt like an eternity.
Oh well that makes sense. Check your pms. I sent you a msg
Old Apr 15, 2016, 02:49 AM

where did you get the fender flares?!?!?! ive been looking everywhere to find some!!!
Old May 10, 2016, 09:20 AM

Best Custom flares for a Lancer

These rims and flare look awesome. I might do this to my car
Old Jul 11, 2016, 09:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice ride dude!
The following users liked this post:
Flumpy J (Feb 21, 2017)
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dapperlancer
where did you get the fender flares?!?!?! ive been looking everywhere to find some!!!
i know! I have been looking all over for flares too. I have rims that are wider than my stock body panels like he has just not as much wider. Mine just barely rub the pinch weld in my wheel wells at half turn but will push past and i still get full turn on mine. I dont think i will go out any wider. Just want to flare it to look better. I have a forum up on the progress i have been making. At a bit of a standstill because of the rain i have been getting lately but i have not abandoned my project. I would love to find some flares though. I will upload where i got mine from on my post when i find some.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:17 PM

...I was actually planning on getting some sort of bolt on lip to make the bumpers look a little bit lower...
If you are getting rid of the stock OZ front and/or rear lip to do that i am interested in the original lips. I am currently missing the front and rear lip, only have the side skirts but i dont want to pay the price they cost for new ones online. Thats too much for a stock lip lol. You can see the condition of my car on the forum i started not too long ago. Its a work in progress but i enjoy doing the work to fix it up
Old Feb 21, 2017, 08:28 AM

Hey guys sorry for not updating in a long time. I honestly completely forgot that I made this thread. I've done a couple of things to her since my last post so I'm going to try to get some good pictures and post the changes I made.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dapperlancer
Just type in "universal fender flares" on ebay. There's a bunch of different sizes and styles. That's where I got mine.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by 03 RALLY LANCER
If you are getting rid of the stock OZ front and/or rear lip to do that i am interested in the original lips. I am currently missing the front and rear lip, only have the side skirts but i dont want to pay the price they cost for new ones online. Thats too much for a stock lip lol. You can see the condition of my car on the forum i started not too long ago. Its a work in progress but i enjoy doing the work to fix it up
No sorry man I was just planning on attaching a lip to the current lip on it because I think it looks kind of weird without the stock OZ ones on. I'll definitely check out your thread though!

Quick Reply: Elegance and Simplicity (02 OZ)