Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

JTCB's Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JTCB's Turbo Build

Alright guys so I've been thinking a lot about going turbo. I'm pretty new to forced induction so bare with me. I found this eBay turbo kit that can be shipped for 550$ to Canada I think its pretty interesting. So from what I've read other than rebuilding the turbo properly, cuz they tend to break a lot, everything else should be ok.

For the moment Im thinking of running the kit at a low 5-6 psi until I do head studs and mabey block work!
So I'm not gona pushing the kit all that much and then as time comes i'll have to replace parts here and there but ill be able to boost!!<3

This is everything that is included in the kit

Package Includes:

1 X T04E Turbocharger
1 X External Cast Steel Wastegate WG
1 X Type-S Blow Off Valve Kit
1 X Flange Pipe
1 X Adjustable Boost Controller
1 X Manifold Wrap
1 X Programmable LED Turbo Timer
1 X Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
1 X Braided Oil Feed Line
1 X T3/ T4 5-Bolt Flange
1 X Lightweight Aluminum Intercooler
1 X Set of Aluminum Piping
-Piece Piping Set Includes:
2 X 180 Degree U-Pipe
2 X 90 Degree Pipe
2 X 45 Degree Pipe
2 X Straight Pipe
8 X Silicone Hoses
16 X Bolt-Tight Clamps

After that I would be missing

WRX 425c Injectors
Walboro 255 fuel pump
Custom Turbo Manifold & DP
AEM Wideband
Fittings and hoses
New HACKISH Reflash
Turbo Rebuild
Evo 8/9 3 BAR MAF

So I really wanna know what you guys think before I go ahead and do this. I was also thinking of ordering the kit and maybe just buying a ball bearing turbo and sell the cheap turbo. Everything else in the kit seems legit from what I know. Let me know if I'm forgetting something!

I think I can get this done for 1500-2000$ It would be great for everyone if we could get this to work properly.

This is the site for the turbo kit for more precise information
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/T04E-12PC-T3-...64b4e0&vxp=mtr

Last edited by JTCB; Aug 14, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

I think the kit will be fine..the turbo is not that reliable but I have seen people that have had no issues with the ebay turbos. All you ic piping will need to be cut and welded to fit and with a custom manifold everything can work great. In the end its all up to you bro...good luck with your build
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah anyways i'm not really worried the turbo is gona be pushing 5-6 psi until I get a sicker one. For the rest of the kit.. I think it should last as long as its installed and tuned properly!.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck man! Keep this thread updated with anything you buy and work on.

Only other tip I can give you is: study, Study, STUDY!!! The more you learn about forced induction the better!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117

Only other tip I can give you is: study, Study, STUDY!!! The more you learn about forced induction the better!
Yeah I will do my best! Still saving up for the project. I've never studied so hard in my life aha :P
Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117

can't stress this enough...
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
can't stress this enough...
Yeah im definatly doing my my homework on this trying to learn as much as I can. Alot of Youtubing and going threw forums. Cant wait to see those numbers at 11.5psi! How is the engine holding up?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JTCB
Yeah im definatly doing my my homework on this trying to learn as much as I can. Alot of Youtubing and going threw forums. Cant wait to see those numbers at 11.5psi! How is the engine holding up?
i doubt i'll pay for a dyno session unless someone wants to split the fee....

engine's fine, drove to norwalk, ohio, raced all weekend, then drove home...about 1,600km plus racing...
Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

i doubt i'll pay for a dyno session unless someone wants to split the fee....

engine's fine, drove to norwalk, ohio, raced all weekend, then drove home...about 1,600km plus racing...
Nice!!!!!! Cant wait to join the Turbo RA scene, you gotta be sitting somewhere around 250whp!!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:16 PM

don't run a ebay turbo kit they're **** go to a speed shop and get a legit set up I just upgraded my turbo in my evo 8 and I went to a local shop where I know the owner and he hooked me up
Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JTCB
Nice!!!!!! Cant wait to join the Turbo RA scene, you gotta be sitting somewhere around 250whp!!
probably more

Originally Posted by MichaelRegitz
don't run a ebay turbo kit they're **** go to a speed shop and get a legit set up I just upgraded my turbo in my evo 8 and I went to a local shop where I know the owner and he hooked me up
Some of us don't have the money to pay speed shops to build our cars...also, our cars don't come with turbos and turbo manifolds for this motor are few and far between, so it's not as simple as swapping turbos.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MichaelRegitz
What Cranswick said most of us dont have to money to get a brand new turbo kit installed on our cars. If I can get this to work then it would be a cost affective way for us to get some decent HP/$. You do know that these RA's arnt turbo right? Its also so hard to find a good review some say its good some say its bad so i'm just gona be the guineepig on this one and will know once and for all!

Some of us don't have the money to pay speed shops to build our cars...also, our cars don't come with turbos and turbo manifolds for this motor are few and far between, so it's not as simple as swapping turbos.
Was wondering what my options were for manifolds. RRM, RPW and custom? I hate this car for being so damn rare parts are so hard to find. As for RPW shipping would be too pricey. RRM's would cost 580$ +50$ shipping and customs!! so around 700$. I'm looking into getting a custom one made surely I can get one made for far less then 700$ I know you did, it does help that you did it urself :P

THIS MIGHT WORK????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-2006-2012-4G-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-GS-4g69-Cast-Iron-Turbo-Log-Manifold-/151101932701?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232e60849d&vxp=mtr

Last edited by JTCB; Aug 20, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

I had one of those...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-manifold.html

you might get away with pusher fans...or even a half rad...but no guarantees, look at the engine bay pic, take note of the upper rad hose, it barely fits the eclipse (for which it was designed) which has way more clearance up front than we do...I know for sure it won't work with the stock rad and fans...furthermore it requires a more complex downpipe, if you opt to use an external wastegate...unless of course you dump to atmosphere...and T3 internal wastegates come with extra cost, and possibly more fabrication...

talk to Chase, aka beautifulpunk...he's doing some nice work on manifolds, and his prices are more down to earth...or do what I did, make it yourself, borrow a portable gasless welder, tack weld the way you want it, and then take it somewhere to have some beads run...if you do the measuring, cutting and fitting yourself, it's not too much to pay for the welding...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Aug 20, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

So I talked to Chase. He said he can make me a log manifold like the one you have for 350$ + shipping. Alot cheaper then all the other alternatives and the route I will be going. I just don't know with the universal kit if everything will fit between the bloc and the fans.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

the only thing that will be between the block and fans is the turbo...

Quick Reply: JTCB's Turbo Build