Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Ralliart Turbo Kit?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2004, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrauqinas
Our proto type turbocharged Ralliart would be at the Toronto Meet on this Sunday, June 13th. For those who cannot come to the meet, too bad for you, but please do not judge the store because there is missunderstanding between Mario and Mike. Toronto250plus' Ralliart that will be on the show this Sunday what counts. Wait and see.
Ride: yes
Test drive: No
Old Jun 11, 2004, 04:44 PM

2004 ralli art turbo kit

Hello guys i had to chime in and shead some light.
I am Kevin the owner of Essential Speed in ontario canada.
Mario is our customer and he owns the car that we are in R&D stages of the turbo kit.
This is a case of putting the cart before the horse.Mario is excited about the coming kit.
Please visit our website to see all that we have accomplished and what vehicles we have built/designed custom turbo kits for.
www.essentialspeed.com
The kit is not yet finished nor dynoed.
it is availiable in a stage 2i and stage 2e turbo kit.
Management has not yet been comfirmed.
Our goal is to design a turbo kit,that can run low boost for the guys that just want some extra... and offer an upgrade and various stages for guys to expand at will.
Once the kit is done all the info and pic along with dyno results will be hosted again on our website.....
essentialspeed.com
thankyou for your time
kevin
design/fabricator/owner
Old Jun 11, 2004, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Like some of you guys knew it already through our chat per telephone or via pm, that toronto250plus is an independent organization and not in anyway fostered or under the shadow of any other company. Therefore, any comments which we posted are at our own accord and responsibility. Nevertheless we are helped by one of the best shop in the motorsport industry. Our gratitude and thanks for all those who have help us in building our Mitsubishi's dream.

Mario
Old Jun 11, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

To Mario's credit we've been trying to work out this exhaust thing over the last week, and it's looking like we may have solved the problem and I will most likely recieve the used rrm axel-back in a week or 2, I will let you know how things go.

-Mike
Old Jun 12, 2004, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

...and as for a website, I'll be taking care of that, hopefully, in due time...
Old Jun 12, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Azure
...and as for a website, I'll be taking care of that, hopefully, in due time...
lol yea/... you see being the dumbass that i was.. i didnt realize that you were spending your time on the CAR rather than the WEBSITE

my bad dude
Old Jun 14, 2004, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ralliart86
lol yea/... you see being the dumbass that i was.. i didnt realize that you were spending your time on the CAR rather than the WEBSITE

my bad dude
First picture:http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...Ralliartstag2i
Old Jun 14, 2004, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Now that's more like it. Keep the pics coming.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

whats the difference between the 2i turbo and the 2e turbo in the site? They all have the same text...
Old Jun 15, 2004, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jesse00
whats the difference between the 2i turbo and the 2e turbo in the site? They all have the same text...
2i is internal wastegate, wherease 2e is external

Now available:

- Mitsubishi Lancer ralliart stage 2i Turbo Kit
http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...Ralliartstag2i

-Mitsubishi Lancer ralliart stage 2e Turbo Kit
http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...alliartstage2e

-Mitsubishi Lancer ralliart true cold air intake
http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...=esralliartCAI

-Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart/OZ,ES,LS Throttle Body Bore
http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...d=esRalliartTB

-Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart axle back system
http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...d=esRalliartAB

-Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart/OZ,ES,LS Catback system
http://www.essentialspeed.com/shop/d...alliartcatback

Old Jun 15, 2004, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Slightly off topic.

What info can you give us about the throttle body bore. How long does it take to do. Could we make an appointment and GO to the shop and wait for it?? Are they're any Dyno's going to be available to verify the gains. 8-10WHP seems a bit high. But, I don't know how restrictive the stock unit is.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

the only thing i'm iffy on is that manifold. That is just the prototype right? I trust the actual manifold sold with the kit will look much nicer? Good job on actually completing a turbo kit.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mrauqinas... a few ??'s.

1) what are the customs costs for shipping to the US... also what is the shipping to the US?
2) How much are you charging to install... if we want to install it is there any instructions?
3) Does the kit come tuned or does it need to be tuned?
4) What boost does the base kit run and can we have it upgraded prior to purchase if we are building our motor already?
5) I have a greddy BOV can you just put a greddy flange on the intake pipe and knock a little off since i don't need the TIAL(they are big bucks!)
6) How hard is the install and is everything i'll need to get boosting included in the kit.

I like your site... it's way better now... please try to get the rest of the pics up so that we can see the other products. Also how about a picture of the completed kit. Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheDriver11421
the only thing i'm iffy on is that manifold. That is just the prototype right? I trust the actual manifold sold with the kit will look much nicer? Good job on actually completing a turbo kit.
Yes, the picture on the 'essentialspeed's' website is the proto-type kit which the manifold and downpipe have not been coated yet.
Our model's Ralliart, which equiped with the full stage-3 kit (the impression would be similar with stage-2 except my kit will includes the e-manage system, bigger injector, bigger intercooler, turbo-back 3" Exhaust system, 'stage-3 clutch' (possibly), etc.) will be completed in 1 week max. and the picture will be posted on my website and also on the essentialspeed.com
Old Jun 15, 2004, 08:33 PM

answers to the below questions..

Originally Posted by Boeturbolancer
Mrauqinas... a few ??'s.

1) what are the customs costs for shipping to the US... also what is the shipping to the US?
2) How much are you charging to install... if we want to install it is there any instructions?
3) Does the kit come tuned or does it need to be tuned?
4) What boost does the base kit run and can we have it upgraded prior to purchase if we are building our motor already?
5) I have a greddy BOV can you just put a greddy flange on the intake pipe and knock a little off since i don't need the TIAL(they are big bucks!)
6) How hard is the install and is everything i'll need to get boosting included in the kit.

I like your site... it's way better now... please try to get the rest of the pics up so that we can see the other products. Also how about a picture of the completed kit. Thanks.
Kevin from Essential Speed,
1. shipping from our past experiences with our Protege 5 turbo kits,the costing seams to be around 100.00+/- usd for customs.Depending on your Us location shipping can range from 105- 150.oo usd
2.Installation charge for the stage 2i/2e kit is> 1200.00 cnd
Installation of stage 3>e-manage,injectors,with fine tuning/wideband>1075.00
3.the kit comes set and ready to run once the installation is complete,turn key ,check for leaks...everything OK....boost away:-)
4.The gt28r wastegate runs @ 6.5 psi,but with engine proper fuel/ignition the wastegate can support 14psi with no spiking.We are currently widebanding to find the cutoff point at where safety and reliablity will be an issue.Once thats determined,the internal wastegate will modified to do that pre-determined boost level.
If you have a built motor then i would recommend the GT28rs(disco potatoe)and the 2e turbo kit...A heavy spring can be added to start your psi at a higher level so your boost controler will not have to work that hard to hold higher levels.
5.We can certainly weld on a different flange to suit what you have.
But keep in mind this is a production kit,altering from that..the money saved will be minimal.
As for the blow off valve,it might have to be changed to a recirculation stlye(turbo smart-dual port)for the stage2i/2e kits to prevent stalling.
Although the e-mangaein stage 3 has the anti-stall feature,we can't include that in all our Ralliart kits as it would drive the price up out reach.But this will be all figured out in the upcoming weeks.
6.As all of our kits,this is 98% direct bolt on and play turbo kit.Everything is supplied and instructions are sent.Everything is done in a jig,maintaining accurancy and proper fit.
The only acception is that we send along a 2 bolt flange to have welded to your stock system.Our downpipe then bolts to that,this saves money and the cost of a midpipe in the kit.
http://essentialspeed.com/shop/detai...alliartstage2e

Quick Reply: Ralliart Turbo Kit?