Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Ralliart Turbo Kit?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart Turbo Kit?

Anybody know these guys?? They say they have a turbo kit for the Ralliart. They also have a CAI.

http://www.toronto250plus.com/ralliart.html
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

I don't understand why (or how) they would install a msd-6al ignition and a msd coil on a car that has coil on plug. The 6al I can see maybe, but the coil? Are they removing the coil on plug and installing wires and boots?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

I have no idea, that's why I'm asking if anyone knows if these guys are legit. They do seem to have a good amount of parts available for the ralliart.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 08:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It also says it's running a 35hp shot... is that nos?? I'd assume so... why isn't that listed. I think this is a little bs... also 8500CAN... how much is that in US $$.

Seems pricey and dangerious.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Well, aside form the nos, it says they have the turbo kits available for 4000 (including installation). They also have some NA parts as well- they have a CAI and cat back. I'm not endorsing these guys in anyway, i was just intrigued when i saw how many parts they had for the RA. They're even calling outt RRM, they say they will release dyno charts comparing the CAI from RRM with their own. RRm is king right now though, i was just curious if anyone bought from these other guys ever.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

I just emailed them, they told me the turbo kit consists of:

Ralliart Stage-2 Turbo Kit includes:

GT25R Double Ball-Bearing Turbo kit - holp up to
350Whp+ @ 15Psi(option: GT28R can hold up to 500Whp+ @
22Psi)
Essential Speed Front Mounted intercooler
Turbosmart BOV and Waistgate
Turbosmart boost controler
Fully powder coated Essential Speed Turbo Manifold
Fully powder coated Essential Speed 3" down pipes
All clams, host and parts necessary for the
installation.

Basic Stage-2 Ralliart's Turbo Kit with GT25R Turbo
US$3000.00; with GT28R Turbo US$3800.00 Both prices are
without the installation.

Option available:
HKS BOV and Waisegate +US$370
Greddy Electronic E-01 Boost Controller +US$525
Greddy E-Manage (electronic Engine management system)
+US$380
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

i would trust road race any day over them... look at their website... it looks like it has been thrown together by an amateur... granted they might be legit... but if they were professionals and had any intent on making profits, especially since they are technically one of the first people to sell RA turbos, they would take the time to at least look professional...

my 2 cents
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'd be worried about 15psi on stock cylinders too
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

i agree with the web site comment, but why do you guys cut the RRM guys slack about lack of dynos, etc.. when they say they need time to work on the parts and ship them but when a new kid comes into town, you fault them for not spending time doing everything else (web site design, etc)? it's sort of a double standard if i ever saw one

they might not want to spend too much time or money on the web site because they are working on other stuff and are not html wizeards? (my 2 cents)

there are advantages on the coil vs. coil on plug, mainly you eliminate multiple points of failure with one big coil that is proven (MSD)

-joe
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Like I said, I ain't endorsing these guys. But at least they've been quick with their email responses. Here's the latest info they sent me.

Stage 1 is turbo kit without intercooler. We usually
using T3/T4 Turbo which is 'ok'. Our suggestion is
better for you to go with the Stage 2 turbo since the
turbo in itself easily upgradable if in the future you
want to go more extreme on your engine modification
(either for track or for street use).
With stage 2 turbo kit, 4G69 engine can run 7psi safely
without you have to upgrade your clutch and ignition
box. however with E-manage, you can run 9psi safely.
On our project Ralliart, we first run 9 psi on the
Gt28R and earning 247whp, We rev it hard and the Wheel
got a grip around the mid. of the 3rd gear, which
pretty extreme already.

They should be sending me pics soon, so we shall see. At least these guys are working on the ralliart. Who knows they may have some good stuff. Their exhaust and CAI look pretty decent. I give props to anybody who's not afraid to dive into the 4g69.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

I too have emailed them and gotten pretty quick response's from Mario. I don't think its fair to write off a shop b/c they're website is bunk. Its VERY easy to make a flashy website but EXTREMELY difficult to make a custom turbo kit.
I believe in some of my conversation's w/ Mario he said he should be coming down to the big Cooksville Mitsu meet here in T.O. If he does come, I'll scope the ride and try and get a test ride. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 01:09 PM
EvoM Guru

The site looks like crap and there's no dyno's... this isn't to big of a deal as they are new!

What concerns me is what do people really need to make the kit work? Is the emanage required for the base kit? If not what fuel upgrades are there to support the boost? I don't see any. Also do you have to do any tuning with this kit or does the emanage come pretuned. A big one is shipping. Is there any customs charges or is shipping more expensive? All in all i'm seeing their good kit at 9psi but that will cost about 4700 if you add in the boost controller and emanage they say is needed.

If they are going to get any real consideration they should become vendors on here and answer some ??'s from us about these kits. I seriously don't think they should be underestimated.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 01:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Lastly... isn't the RRM kit going to be 4200bucks all parts(fuel and tuning) included. All you need to do is install it and i believe it will be at set at 10-11psi. I was also told it will be tuned for higher boost so all you'll need for upgrading is a MBC(manuel boost controller) which is 50-100 bucks. They said they are trying to tune it for 15psi on stock internals I'll PM ROCK to make sure but i'm sure that is what he told me and a few others.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 01:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This thread is not about us but since people like to reference us I will tell you that a Ralliart Turbo kit is close to done by RRM. I do not know these guys from Canada but it is harsh to judge them by their website. Perhaps someone should have got to the core issue which is, " How reputable are they?" Does anyone know? Still their kit maybe great and they may be great. But they may not be great and their kit may not be great. Time will tell.

Using MMNA Mitsubishi's Car which was given to us. We are close to completion of our kit. We have got a lot of info straight from MMNA R&D people so we know what is possible and safe. We have also been working with Puerto Rico Ralliart Turbo guy (Mavin 412 w.h.p Turbo Ralliart.) So we know what to do, how to make it cost effective and make **** loads of power. We have Lancer running around for over 2 years now with our turbo kits.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 7, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

well... i know that i jumped to conclusions because i judged them by their website... i know that was kind of foolish... but what if others make the same dumb mistake i made?

(just trying to salvage something out of my message so i dont feel like a total *** )

Quick Reply: Ralliart Turbo Kit?