Notices

New to EvoM: My introduction.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to EvoM: My introduction.

Hello,

my name is Jonathan Webb but please just call me buzz. I've had that nickname since like 2. I'm 22 years young, and live in Kentucky. I was born here but grew up all over the place. I've lived in California, Louisiana, Germany, and Kentucky. I have a girlfriend that i plan on moving in with next summer.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-11935102_963053113738471_1266504923596168191_n.jpg
I just recently bought my first car and am really excited about it. I scored me a 2005 lancer Ralliart for $500, unfortunately i have to get it running.
New to EvoM: My introduction.-car.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-car2.jpgNew to EvoM: My introduction.-car3.jpg
My friend josh "bakuro117" and I and trying to get it running. He helped me look it over and so far we have found that I need to get the head rebuilt and a new timing belt. So while we are doing that josh figured now is the time to do some extra stuff to the engine if i want, which of course i want to do. But ill post all of what i plan on doing later on, for now i feel like i have done a pretty good job of introducing myself. If you have anymore question about me please feel free to ask.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Car looks like junk. Silver like every other mitsubishi on the road. lost the lip? lemme guess. "drifting" accident? Shouldve put it back on with zip ties for legit "rāce-kor" status... Whats up with those chrome tail lights? Look like they came straight out of a fast and furious movie... Engine bay looks like poo... literally critter poo everywhere. And those rusty radiator supports and header are assaulting my eyes...

Shouldve bought an Evo...

LMAO Im trying my hand at being that snobby Evo owner. That was actually pretty difficult for me... haha! Just kiddin Buzz! Glad to see you finally post up. We need to get back to working on this. Im free most of this weekend if you wanna get the cylinder head ripped off. Shouldnt take much longer from where we got it now. Just undo the brackets on the header, and intake manifold. Remove the valve cover and take out the head studs. Then we'll be able to see the real damage.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 08:26 PM

Well i plan on changing those taillights eventually. Also i gotta get some new headlights.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

LMAO Dont take me so seriously. Everyone will start thinking that Im actually an douche bag...

You know I got like 2 spare sets of headlights and taillights at my place. I got you the hookup maaaan. Got lowering springs, motor mounts, doors, seats, steering wheels, factory wheels, snow tires, race tires, wheel spacers, an exhaust, retuning software, piggyback tuning hardware, pedals, interior trim, yada yada yada... Whatever you need we'll find it in my garage... Including a nearly complete turbo kit... hahahaha
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:06 AM

Welcome. Evo x2 lol
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Update: Helped Buzz get the head removed from the car. Turns out all of the intake valves are bent. Every one of them. Cylinder walls look good. Pistons have some marks from contacting the valves, but they're still in working order. Now we just gotta start ordering parts.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Josh I can send you a handful of valves but i'm fairly certain the ones that lived in cylinder 4 are not salvageable, though I have not pulled the head yet...also silver and white RA's are the only ones that look good with the stock taillights, in my opinion...welcome to the forum...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 09:08 AM

Welcome buzz! Nice to see another RALLIART owner
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:40 AM

Thanks. I will try to post some pictures of when I take all of the stuff off of the head. 😊
Old Nov 10, 2015, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

@Crans - That would be great man!!! Thank you!

@Buzz - Have you given anymore thought to how much you plan on doing to the engine as we rebuild it? Im sure everyone would like to see what plans you have if any.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good luck with the rebuild...
also welcome to the forum...

if u and josh need a hand anytime lemme know, and try and help...(I lent him a hand a bit with his rebuild...)

also I don't know if josh told u about this, but I was also looking into buying this car....but I figured right now it's not a good ides for me...

I know you'll enjoy the car when it's finished...and im sure like all of us the modification bug will make you broke....just be ready for it...
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:40 AM

welcome, i would recommend using this lancer as a daily diver while saving up. save up and buy an evo. you'll love the world of difference.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And there it is.

See Bakuro, you couldn't but others are just natural selohssa.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
And there it is.

See Bakuro, you couldn't but others are just natural selohssa.
I know right? I had to try... Ive driven my Evo for almost two months now and I still have mad respect for what my RA could do. I dont think everyone realizes the potential of the RA because most people dont do much with them other than cold air intake, exhaust, and wheels. The RA is an amazing machine if you spend the time to build it right.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 04:22 PM

Well time to get to work.

Quick Reply: New to EvoM: My introduction.