RRM Evo 9 Rear Bumper - evolutionm.net

RRM Evo 9 Rear Bumper

Old Oct 19, 2016, 07:45 PM   #1

Drives: 2005 Lancer Ralliart

RRM Evo 9 Rear Bumper

What's up forum? While I was working on the damage to my front end I decided to shoot the whole car with some fresh paint. Then I figured if I am going to do that I should try the RRM CarbonTrix Evo 9 style rear bumper so the colors could match. Worse case scenario would be having a spare bumper right?

It was well packaged and requires it to be shipped by freight by RRM. Shipping charges to Portland, OR was $188 bringing the total to $467. I also had to wait 22 days till it shipped because they where making the bumper per order. Oh and it is also outsourced to another company FYI. When I first got it it look fairly well, no twists and followed the body line pretty spot on.

While prepping the bumper for paint I uncovered some nasty truth. It looks as if they rushed my bumper. It has spider cracks all over. In the center of the bumper the fiberglass was so thin it felt as if you would poke your finger through it. I have yet to call RRM about this because I handed it to my custom body shop guy to make it right. Need to find out how much repair is needed.

This is the work he has done to my truck. I trust him and his judgement.

This is what the bumper looked when I first got it with their primer on it.

I will be updating with more photos as the work progresses. But in my opinion if your wanting to go with the Evo 9 style just go with the Ebay or Accolade body kit. Not worth the price tag of RRM and I am very disappointed.

Old Oct 22, 2016, 04:17 PM   #2

Here is a couple more pictures of the cracks I uncovered.

Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:36 AM   #3

Took him 4 hours to repair it. Only issue I had with the fitment is that the exhaust cutout is not in the right place. It is a little left and a little to low. I tried fitting my stock exhaust, my old carbon, and my new UR exhaust. All experienced the same problem.