Notices

Ralliart Big Brake Kit (Take 2)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ralliart Big Brake Kit (Take 2)

Alright, we shall try it this way:

1). The calipers are from a CTS-V (Gen 1). Gen 2 (6-piston) also works, although those can be used with Evolution X rotors (note: they require 14mm bolts which require modification of the spindle). Both have to be milled down by several mm on the mounting ears. You also have to swap the bleeders to make sure that the smaller pistons are pointing upwards (as these are leading edge calipers).

2). The rotors are from a C6 Corvette Z51. They have to be re-drilled to 5x4.5. They have an identical hub bore to that of the stock car, so they fit quite nicely. The pad area is perfect.

3). The bolts are M12x1.75x30MM. This kit requires 4 of them, 2 per caliper.

If you want the calipers, they will cost $600 (with the V/// logo on the side) from me. That includes shipping. Since my idiot powder-coater can't see why it was a bad idea to paint inside the bleeders and bridge bolts, you are likely better off either painting them with caliper paint ($20) or having them done by someone locally. If you want the 6-piston calipers, they will cost $1,100 for a set. They will come in black without the V/// Logo.

If you want rotors, let me know which ones you want (DBA, Powerslot, Centric Blanks, etc.), and I will give you a quote. If you are in Australia, you are better off having someone make you the rotors locally. Shipping has raped my butthole on each and every kit that I have sent that way. For a nice example, the kit that I sent to Steve cost $750 to ship. I am willing to investigate what it costs just to ship rotors, but it won't be cheap (you have been warned).

If you want to source the rotors and calipers yourself and are unsure of what hardware you will need, I am willing to supply SS lines (we will stick with RA lines this time, lol), Grade 8 bolts, retaining clips, pins, etc. for $220 (shipped). You will get a complete set of lines this time.

I get pretty good deals on pads, too. Again, if you want a quote on Hawk, Centric, Brembo, etc. pads, let me know. I will work to get you the best deal that I can.

I figure that this way, people can put together the kit over time, as they would have with my previous kits. I like it better that way.

Steve, I dropped off another set of calipers at the machine shop today. I will be using a different powder-coater this time. This will be a free set. They will be ready on Wednesday. They will be black, this time. I am sorry about the confusion.

Last edited by NFSLancerRA; Jul 15, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

+2
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

I know a ton more about brakes now than I did the first go around. This should be excellent.

Last edited by NFSLancerRA; Apr 2, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Cant wait to see this kit...very interested in the pricing.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

For my SSP test car, I will be using a 6-piston caliper in the front as an upgraded option. Very happy to be working on this with the brake guru NFSLancerRA!

We are still in the testing phase and nothing is official yet. But, this will be THE brake option to go with if all goes to plan.

Some Details:
-The front calipers are one-piece forged aluminum with stainless offset pistons to ensure even pad wear (as mentioned) (4 and 6 piston options)
-Stopping power to match or surpass OEM EvoX Brembo's
-Front rotors are StopTech EvoIX slotted
-The caliper finishing will be something completely unique and possibly never done before on calipers
-Brackets will be made to run on Ralliarts or even EvoX that are looking to use 17 inch rims for tracking/drag racing purposes
-Kit will included stainless braided lines, brackets, pads, slotted rotors, calipers and all necessary hardware
-I'm doing my best to source everything for the lowest price possible to finally have a FULL Ralliart big brake upgrade for half the price of competitors (while retaining equal or greater quality)

NFS is still working on the rear setup. We should have everything locked down shortly and be able to have some pictures up. I have the front section being sent down to Eric shortly.

Jason@SSP
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:31 PM
Former Sponsor

I was excited to see the new RA kit (FastBrakes), but I was really dissappointed with the caliper choice. We are going in a different direction. This is as close as it gets to the original Brembo calipers designed for the Evolution X. If that setup is what you always wanted (which I did), this is the way to go.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:33 PM

Wahoo!! Hopefully I will be able to afford these.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'm making sure it's affordable. Much more than any other out there.

Obviously, the big-boss Kris@SSP has to approve everything first. For now, things are preliminary but looking good

I'm going to be testing everything on my car and NFS will be doing his own testing as well.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:55 PM

W00t! I cannot wait to see how this kit pans out.

I was so looking forward to the Z06 kit....
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bloodMoney
I was so looking forward to the Z06 kit....
I need to email Giro-Disc about making a custom set of rotors to accomodate those massive calipers. At this point, that kit is being done as an engineering exercise. The pricing most likely won't be that competitive. It is just for those among us who are totally insane.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like me!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

The 6-piston version of this SSP kit will be totally insane, don't you worry
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by silthos
Like me!!
Don't we know it.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Pics, NFS! Pics!

Quick Reply: Ralliart Big Brake Kit (Take 2)