Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Anyone Successfully Tune Rally-Style Antilag?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone Successfully Tune Rally-Style Antilag?

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has successfully used the rally style antilag feature of the EMS? If so, what are your impressions of it, how easy was it to set up, and purpose are you using it for?

Thanks!

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not many tuners do it because it is hella stress on you turbo, drivetrain, ect. I would assume setting it up would be something like a 2 stage launch control by pulling timing. If you do a search on google there a couple good explanations and how-to's with the ALS

Edit* i was going to try it in my last Evo for RallyX until i found out the work involved in making it work right

Last edited by Nez136; Jan 13, 2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Most of the info I have found is from European websites talking about rally cars. I have found lots of descriptions of it, but no #s as far as set this to X, set that to Y to get it to work.

I am trying to find someone in the states who has used it. Even a rally car builder, which I know there are a few in the US. If anyone has any ideas where to turn please let me know.

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 13, 2006, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Try Andrew at Dyno4mance I think he has some rally car exp. He is on the board under
DYNO4MANCE pm him ,real nice guy.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the advice. I will get ahold of him.

Of course I tried calling AEM. The tech guy told me "Any of our authorized tuners can do that for you." I told him I wanted to know of a shop that has actually done it before and he told me to just call the closest local tuner and that they could help me.

Of course that was not true. I called a well known AEM tuner and they said they had no experience with the rally anti lag. Sorry to vent, but I have spent all day trying to get some info and no luck yet. I will try Andrew.

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 14, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Bump - anyone out there done this??
Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:35 PM

You can try http://www.ktrperformance.com/ I believe one of the Evo's there has the anti lag set up.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A local guy(kwan) from Apexmotorsports use to have the same system on race honda Civic Turbo. The car shoots flames from the exhaust, it is also loud as hell.

What he had was a additional injector right on the downpipe/o2 housing casuing the turbo to spin consistently, he could build up to 4-7psi like that.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
A local guy(kwan) from Apexmotorsports use to have the same system on race honda Civic Turbo. The car shoots flames from the exhaust, it is also loud as hell.

What he had was a additional injector right on the downpipe/o2 housing casuing the turbo to spin consistently, he could build up to 4-7psi like that.
Did you mean that the injector was on his exhaust manifold? If it was on his 02 housing or downpipe it would be after the turbo and have no effect on it's spool.

Thanks,

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 23, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 05:42 AM

I use it at the track. It is easy to use, but I need the EMS in front of me in order to explain how to set it up. Unfortunately, my car is torn apart right now, so I am of very little help to you right now. All that I can say is that I enjoy it a lot. You should talk to a reputable AEM tuner, and I am sure that they will take you through the steps.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 05:45 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=179601

here you go!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 06:01 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not many tuners do it because not many tuners have figured it out yet. To get more air into the engine without raising the idle would require reworking the EGR or adding a rotary idle function. Since either of these things aren't necessarily commensurate with a smooth running street car, and most tuners are street tuners I don't think that there's a great depth of experience with antilag, nevermind AEM which is a new system compared to others that have been on the market for 10 years.

That link is for 2 step, not antilag.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 08:06 AM

What's the difference (sincerely)? Isn't the point to build boost before the launch?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4whlpl
What's the difference (sincerely)? Isn't the point to build boost before the launch?
2 step builds boost off the line and antilag builds boost between shifts (keeps the turbo spooled), it is helpful if you have a biggie turbo that goes out of boost between shifts.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Quick Reply: Anyone Successfully Tune Rally-Style Antilag?