Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Sad day at AMS today....saying goodbye to a dear 4 legged friend.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad day at AMS today....saying goodbye to a dear 4 legged friend.

Last night we had to say goodbye to a member of our family. Since Ivan started working for AMS nearly a decade ago, his dog Ikea became a fixture here at AMS. Ikea was always by his side and instantly a member of our team. A worker at heart, Ikea was always the first one to help “herd” cars in for the night. The “ball” was not merely a game but a way of life. . . and God help any RC car that crossed her path. Her gravity defying stunts were something to behold and will never be forgotten.

Ikea was much more than your average dog. Aside from being easily the smartest animal we have ever met, she had a way of brightening anyone’s mood. There wasn’t a man in this building that wouldn’t succumb to those big brown eyes when her head was placed in his lap. Many fortunate friends of AMS had the chance to experience Ikea first-hand and everyone instantly loved her. Once anyone met Ikea, they always asked about her the next time they came to visit us.

Above all, Ikea was loyal to her Dad Ivan. Over the years, Ikea demonstrated to all of us just how much one living creature can love another. To Ikea, Ivan was her world and AMS was her favorite place to be. Our hearts go out to our dear friend Ivan, as last night, he had to say goodbye to Ikea - his best friend.

So today we say goodbye to a dear friend. She will never be forgotten and she can never be replaced. From everyone at AMS, Goodbye old girl…we will always love you. May the ball be forever thrown in that big dog park in the sky.

-Eric

Last edited by Andrew@AMS; Aug 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
one of my favorite reasons and memories of visiting AMS... Ikea. Always loved playing catch with him. He seemed to like my Evo too. What a great dog, he will be missed.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear.

I have two dogs of my own and they're like my children.

Sorry for the loss.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear, guys. That's a tough thing to go through. I'm sure she's in a better place.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:08 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exceptionally well written 'Goodbye'. Brought a tear to my eye.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." ~ Gilda Radner

Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry for your loss. My sentiments are with you all at AMS and especially Ivan.

Silvershadow03
Mike
Old Sep 5, 2013, 04:03 PM

Sorry for the loss guys. It's not easy - me and my family had to put our dog to rest as well, he was going to be 13 a few days just before. ... It's not easy losing a family member.

Stay strong Ivan! She will always be by your side.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by BMS Evo
Sorry for the loss guys. It's not easy - me and my family had to put our dog to rest as well, he was going to be 13 a few days just before. ... It's not easy losing a family member.

Stay strong Ivan! She will always be by your side.

+1 always a sad day when you lose a family member.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 06:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the kind works guys. The responses mean a lot to Ivan and the rest of us that are hurting. She left a hole that can never be filled but we are going to always remember her. She really was just incredible.

-Eric
Old Oct 1, 2013, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

I know its a little late but a loss of a loveable four legged friend is hard.Sorry for the loss,she will always be by your side.