Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I found the boost limit. 2 maps

Boost Limit Map #1 @ 3a48
Boost Limit Map #2 @ 3a58

The existing map is listed at 3a68, so it's an easy change to get one of the maps working for those who dont know what they are doing. :-)

I think #1 would be for 1st and 2nd Gear, with #2 for 3rd,4th,5th as per the other maps that trend this way. I will do some testing over the next couple of days.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
wgdc #1 will never be used - assuming its the same as every other evo out there.

wgdc #2 and #3 have some interpolation between them which is different to other evo's. not sure what the interpolation is for thou
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

It is a blending function as per the fuel and ignition maps. It interpolates over time during the gearshift from 2nd to 3rd so the change-over is not so sudden.

Has anyone done any anti-lag testing to see if the #1 boost maps are used under these conditions. With the auto it is easy to test because I can just do a brake-job :-) I know previously I can pull up to 1.5 Bar while stationary, so I might try zeroing the maps and see if it brings the launch boost down.

Tephra, it sounds like you already know alot more about this ROM than you are letting on ;-) Like you are sitting back and seeing how much I uncover. hahaha!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Not at all, just looking up stuff as you post

If you like you can log the interpolation variable to try and get a handle on "how" it works...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Ahhh, so you are revelling in my misery! :-)

Do you actually do any disassembly? I am dying to find the TC lockup stuff. Is there any way you can find roughly where the auto trans code is? Like an address range so I have somewhere to start with the search.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Another small update. Most of the idle control temperature scales are incorrect. Where they are using 630c it should be 66b2.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

I might have stumbled onto something else. Idle Stepper Look-up Map appears to have incorrect Scalings. It corresponds better to RPM Target and Air Temp, which then more closely matches the real values the system runs. Addresses seem OK though, seeing as the Fuel Air Temp map uses the same address (5d1e). I might try editing this table and seeing the effect to be sure about it.

Tested the Boost #1 maps. You are correct Tephra, it never seems to use them. Doesn't under limp (no knock sensor), and today did a brake launch and doesnt effect stationary boost either.

Havent had a chance to check out the new boost limit maps. Will do that tomorrow if I have time.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

The new Boost Limit maps were verified today. Both were tested and function perfectly, as well as following the rest of the maps with being gear specific. Boost Cut Delay is also working perfectly.

Boost Limit Map (N,1,2 Gear) @ 3a48
Boost Limit Map (3,4,5 Gear) @ 3a58

The way things are going, the GT-A is going to have the most complete definition out there! :-) I have found well over 20 new maps, but just need to find exactly how they function and interact before I post them. One of the maps is looking like it is the Fuel map for Engine Temp, so warmup can be mapped. Hoping to get the time to test it over the coming weekend.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Tephra if you are reading this...

Trying to set up the 2-byte load stuff. Am I correct in saying the High bit is the first hex address in the MUT table, MUT00, and the Low bit is MUT01? So for this definition the addresses would be 3212e and 32132? If so, what exactly needs to be done to get this working? Any help appreciated.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:43 AM
Evolved Member

Found today that the Air Temp fuel map is incorrect. Listed as 353e when it should be at 3b20. The scalings are also wrong. Should be EnrichmentAdj, and the Y axis should be Temp but the scaling address is correct at 66b2.

I tested this today with closed loop fuel turned off, and it adjusted correctly. Also spent a little time trying to track down the ignition timing compensation maps. I went through a few but no result yet. I do have around 18 or so maps that are found but need to find what they do. Got most narrowed down to what they are related to, just need to find the correct scalings.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

2 of the unknown maps are now defined. Both are extra boost maps.

<table name="Max Wastegate Duty Unused #2" category="Turbo" address="4d1a" type="2D" level="1" scaling="WGDuty">
<table name="RPM" address="5de8" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Boost Desired Engine Load - Unused #2" category="Turbo" address="4d72" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Load8">
<table name="RPM" address="5de8" type="Y Axis" elements="16" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

They don't seem to do anything, but there they are anyway :-)
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

YES!!!!

Found the cure for the retarded ignition timing during warmup. The map that is labelled as the Boost Enhancement Enrich/Enlean is not what it says. It is the warmup ignition retard map. There is actually another map sitting right next to it in the hex that had not been uncovered too. The mislabelled map is again for N,1,2 Gears, and the new map is the same conditions for 3,4,5th Gears.

Finally the car feels almost exactly the same cold as it does hot.

Even with this map adjusted, there still seems to be a little retard in effect, maybe 5 or so degrees, rather than the 15-ish that it was retarding before. I have an idea that the other remaining anti-lag maps also have an effect on warmup and are also nothing to do with anti-lag. Considering these are automatics, they dont need anti-lag so why code it at the factory. There seems to be a blending effect just before 75C where it does some weird things, but that is where the other maps come in I think.

If someone needs the maps for this I will post them, otherwise I will be soon compiling a new definition file update. There is still a whole bunch of maps I have here to go through. Just need to check exactly what effect they have.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Just found the Anti-Lag adjustments. Same settings as jcsbanks listed on his thread from last year (still active though) :
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=268974

Instead of the addresses starting at 1e12, they start at 2210. I have an idea that these values activate the warmup ignition retard on the GT-A. I will do some experimenting and see if I can just lift the activation conditions so it never takes effect. One of the reasons for thinking this is that the activation temp is 81C and that is almost exactly the temp where the retard turns off. It also activates at 30km/h, so I might just try lifting that speed setting to 200km/h and see if it turns off.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Also found another 5 fuel maps this morning. Will do some testing with them later today while testing the ALS setup. Two of them look like engine temp compensation and cranking enrichment, but the testing will reveal.

Quick Reply: Looking for more maps, 80700010 Def