Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What happend with my map?

Did anyone had somethin' like this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like an xml issue. if you are using a tephra modded rom i suggest downloading the xml pack that they have.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

It just means the map doesn't have a full set of parameters. If you click on edit, you'll see the current, incomplete definition. If all your main maps are OK, I wouldn't bother getting a new xml. ECUflash remembers the xml it last used for a ROM, so if you want tyo force it to use a new xml, you have to do something like zip the old one ( to back it up) and then delete the old unzipped file, then paste in your new xml, or change the extention to .txt
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys, but everything is ok. This map was look like this only after read without saving. When I save it on my laptop and open again - everything is ok. Thanks !

I think it happend because she was created on other laptop (my friend's) which could have other xml's.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Hello. I am updating this thread because I had some problems with my boost. After re-tune with my friend's laptop, I've read my rom image to save it for future on my laptop. I was send it to ECU when my battery died to have sure, that my ECU have right map. Then I observed, that my boost is only 1 bar (that is my wastegate spring). On dyno we set 1.6 bar. So I've changed wgdc values to see if it react and yes - my ECU read new settings and my boost goes up.

Is it possible that because of other xml's on my laptop and my friends laptop (where my map was created) my ECU doesn't reading my boost map correctly?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TJung
Is it possible that because of other xml's on my laptop and my friends laptop (where my map was created) my ECU doesn't reading my boost map correctly?
Impossible, the ECU doesn't need XML to read your map its native to its own programming.

The XML file is for converting the data in your rom into something you can read not the computer.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

So what could be reason that now my Grimmspeed BCS needs 75% wgdc to make 1.6 bar, however eariler it needs only 60%? What could hapenned ? Other air pressure that on dyno?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

So what could be reason that now my Grimmspeed BCS needs 75% wgdc to make 1.6 bar, however eariler it needs only 60%? What could hapenned ? Other air pressure that on dyno?
Wastegate spring, solenoid malfunction, boost leak, a very large climb in altitude to name a few.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

I've checked everything :/. When my wgdc was 60% - I had 1.6 bar. Now it holds clear 1 bar like my wastegate spring (@60%). When I've changed to 75% it shows about 1.6 bar.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

I've checked everything :/. When my wgdc was 60% - I had 1.6 bar. Now it holds clear 1 bar like my wastegate spring (@60%). When I've changed to 75% it shows about 1.6 bar.
Wastegate duty % isn't something the ecu monitors its in direct control of it so if boost isn't the same only mechanical issues can be the cause.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Thank You. I should say also, that this problems begin from moment when I by mistake make few pulls with water injection "on". I've noticed that after first problems, when I could not get any boost. My engine doesn't works good and turbo could not spool. When I've turned it off, engine worked ok, boost was ok, but I didnt drive my car for few days. I don't know what could this water cause.

I'm not using water injection - just installed it for now, but system works and I had distilled water in.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

I can't think of any way water injection could have damaged something but perhaps other tuners have experience where water injection could possibly damage something like turbine/wastegate flap or something to cause this.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe this info would be interrest: I've opened my Grimmspeed and found few teflon pieces that producer using to threads. I cleared it, but noting's changed, but maybe this valve doesn't work correctly
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys. I have question. My friend send me rom, which we created on dyno @ his laptop. When I've opened it, ECUFLASH asked me:

So I chose "use wizard to create..." and choose "evo 9 USDM 2006" and now it looks like this:

Could someone help me? What should I do?
I am using v5.10
Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

I can't read that rom ID at all is there an "A" in it??

Maybe its not an evo 9 rom but something else.

If your friend has the rom's xml just have him send it to you.

Quick Reply: What happend with my map?